Planning Application Timescales

Rawrrrrrrr

Rawrrrrrrr

Anyone able to remind me what these are?

When can we expect the initial decision?

It says that the old stand will be demolished in autumn 2008....

Unlikely now.

Guest JamboRobbo
Think its around September some time IIRC

Correct. They didn't say which year tho. ;)

Can't see the demolishing of the new stand starting until Tynecastle High School is well on the way to being completed. Summer 2009 more realistic for demolishing, hopefully completed 2011 sometime.

Anyone able to remind me what these are?

When can we expect the initial decision?

I said months ago that this was likely to be a non starter, for the past two seasons the old stand was due to be demolished at the season end, never happened. Think we are all being spoon fed crap and lies.

Jam Tarts 1874

How do you expect Hearts to demolish the old stand when we still don't have planning permission?

Hearts have said that they expect a decision by September and the old stand to remain in place until Summer 2009.

If you have a problem with the timeline make your feelings known to Edinburgh City Council!

How do you expect Hearts to demolish the old stand when we still don't have planning permission?

Hearts have said that they expect a decision by September and the old stand to remain in place until Summer 2009.

If you have a problem with the timeline make your feelings known to Edinburgh City Council!

NASA take less time to get a module on a mission to Mars to land than it takes Hearts to get permission to build a new stand. I wouldn't hold your breath, white elephant, never happen.

portobellojambo1

Think you've got your months mixed up HoV, the target date was actually the 8th of last month, May, although don't know the importance of said target date, and how the case is progressed thereafter..

Hearts of Vladland
Think you've got your months mixed up HoV, the target date was actually the 8th of last month, May, although don't know the importance of said target date, and how the case is progressed thereafter..

I always do that.:banghead::whoops:

Rawrrrrrrr

Are there any statutory timescales for the council to issue a decision?

I have a gut feeling it wont happen but am interested as to when the club will get an "initial" decision.

It came up in my mind as I saw last week, the council had screwed up with spartans ground, they had basically taken the profits from that sale to use for the commy and then they turned down the decision and reduced there profit :confused: and thus created a bigger hole in their budget

Guest jambomickey

remember one of the reasons romanov gave for firing anderton was because he wasn,t moving along with new stand application quick enough. thats nearly 3 years ago

PresidentRomanov

If I were Mr Romanov, I would scrap any plans to rebuild the stand.

The "supporters" have proved, not only do they not deserve it, It's also not required.

Rawrrrrrrr

Are you sure Jambo38??

As far as I am aware Anderton was never involved in the stand beyond possible intermediary stage as to the best option forward

rudi must stay

The "supporters" have proved, not only do they not deserve it, It's also not required.

what? By filling it every week?

Yes, but if the vocal glory hunters keep going on about the lack of a new stand/manager etc it gives them another excuse not to attend games or buy a season ticket.

PresidentRomanov
what? By filling it every week?

Unfortunately, winning every week isn't guaranteed, so I can't see that happening.

Why would a club, with 9000 season ticket holders, and a stadium with a capacity of 17,500, build a bigger ground :confused:

Yes, but if the vocal glory hunters keep going on about the lack of a new stand/manager etc it gives them another excuse not to attend games or buy a season ticket.

You and your mate on the troll again. :rolleyes:

rudi must stay
Unfortunately, winning every week isn't guaranteed, so I can't see that happening.

Why would a club, with 9000 season ticket holders, and a stadium with a capacity of 17,500, build a bigger ground :confused:

i don't see a reason not to when you get 17k every week when you aren't even winning.

We need a new stand because the old one will not last much longer and safety will be an issue. Doesn't have to be bigger but we definitely need a new one. If VR wants to break another promise then let him crack on. In the grand scheme of things another lie is not going to make much difference.

Correct PB. Hearts could undoubtedly fill a bigger stadium but in my opinion it would be folly to build it at the moment. Without a guarantee that we'd win games/trophies, it's highly unlikely the johnny-come-latelies would show up.

Far better we stick with the current capacity. If we do go on a winning season(s), it'll be the johnny-come-latelies that suffer, not the true fans.

Mix Master Mikez
We need a new stand because the old one will not last much longer and safety will be an issue. Doesn't have to be bigger but we definitely need a new one. If VR wants to break another promise then let him crack on. In the grand scheme of things another lie is not going to make much difference.

When does the safety certificate expire ?

The season is nowhere near started and we are at 9000 do you honestly believe that nobody is going to buy a season ticket between now and the start of the season?

Dirk Diggler

Do we though Dazo?

I'm sure the stand could be brought up to standard (Health and Safety wise) without having to pull it down.

It would probably cost a lot, But it could be done.

Rawrrrrrrr

If you look on the planning website there is a letter from the fire brigade which states they do regular audits and also a recent one

states they had concerns but are happy with what the club is doing with them

Doesnt sound like they are about to pull the safety certificate

Whilst we all know the stadium is old and has issues Im sure it could maintain regular usage for years to come

Mix Master Mikez
No idea i would assume it gets checked yearly ?

It must get checked yearly or maybe more often ?

Does anyone know ?

Dirk Diggler
If you look on the planning website there is a letter from the fire brigade which states they do regular audits and also a recent one

states they had concerns but are happy with what the club is doing with them

Doesnt sound like they are about to pull the safety certificate

Whilst we all know the stadium is old and has issues Im sure it could maintain regular usage for years to come

Heard that we only just got the last safety certificate and would definately need to upgrade if we never pulled it down in order to get the next one.

Dunno how much truth there is in that mind you.

Do we though Dazo?

I'm sure the stand could be brought up to standard (Health and Safety wise) without having to pull it down.

It would probably cost a lot, But it could be done.

You are probably right JF not sure how cost effective it would be though. Not sure how much sense it would make to have to spend money on a old stand every season. Obviously a lot cheaper than a new stand we also have to take into account we can't play european games there. I assume this is something the new stand would address ?

Archived