brian mcnaughton

tyniearrms

tyniearrms

anybody remember him from the early 80,s,was a sub most of the time but can anybody tell me how many 1st team goals he scored.

he went on to be a manager with a few junior teams,linlithgow,broxburn and i think preston athletic

Charlie-Brown

He scored a hatrick once against Dundee in a 3-3 draw but he was usually only ever played when Robbo was out or doubtful then Crabbe emerged and he was pushed down the pecking order then let go.

i know brian well through the junior game and spoke to him the other week when we played against his team. he is currently manager of arniston rangers

Glamorgan Jambo

Spent a very pleasant couple of hours with BM at one of those break the coin bottle dos in the mid 80s. He was very articulate and an easy mixer and insisted I shouldn't spoil a good evening by going over and punching Paul Kane who had also turned up and was at the next table.

I'm pretty sure he was never full time at the JTs as he talked about enjoying his day job in the post office. Can't ever remember him starting for the 1st team although he was sub quite a few times.

Doctor FinnBarr
anybody remember him from the early 80,s,was a sub most of the time but can anybody tell me how many 1st team goals he scored.

he went on to be a manager with a few junior teams,linlithgow,broxburn and i think preston athletic

As mentioned on another post BM did indeed work for the PO and wouldn,t jack in to go full time which held him back and seen his early exit from Tynie.

I also remember working beside a ginger Hobo at the time who had an unhealthy obsession with him because he,d played juvenile with him. Hmmm!

:107years:

Magic Numbers

I remember him joining East Fife, my local side, when he left Tynie. Was always a goal threat but was often a sub, which considering the forwards we had at the time, was bad news. I remember screaming at the manager (Gavin Murray? Believe me, he made Malofeev look like Alex Ferguson!) to bloddy get McNaughton on and do it NOWWWWWWWW!!!!! 5 mins later & BM was on the pitch!

Sure that was the year that the mighty East Fife held Rankgers to a 0-0 before going out on penalties in Souness' first season.

Davie Kirkwood got his move to Rankgers on the back of that match, he was immense!

badly drawn boy

Did Brian not have a bad motorbike accident shortly after joining us or have i got the wrong person :confused:

Drylaw Hearts
Kirkwood....immense.....not!

He's now a Youth Coach at Ibrox I believe.

Malcolm Tucker

His son was at my high school in the same year.

He and his dad are both massive Jambos as far as I know.

Arthur Axident

My link to BM was he bought ma hoose from me a few years back

seemed like a decent bloke and a Jambo to boot. result

Arf

Perth to Paisley

My first meeting with Brian was when he went to a wedding with his then girlfriend who was a friend of my wife. The wedding was in the in the NB hotel on 24/06/1984.

Met him a few times afterwards he was a really nice guy and a massive Hearts fan.

After the wedding the Bride and Groom went downstairs in the hotel and boarded the 'sleeper' train for London.

The train derailed at Morpeth - not sure who or what was responsible ;)

Pity he and his girlfriend [irene] split up as he would have been good for a few freebies!

Such is life.

Brian McNaughton was signed in June 1984 from Broxburn Athletic. He made only 8 appearances and 14 sub appearances, total goals scored in 84/85 -4 and 85/86 -3. He signed for East Fife in June 1986.

Cairneyhill Jambo

I'm pretty 100% sure it was him that scored the only goal in a pre-season friendly against Eintracht Frankfurt.

Absolute peach of a goal.

Archived