***Official St Johnstone v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Pretty excited to see how we do on Wednesday after yesterday's game. If we play like we did yesterday and offer a bit more sharpness up front we'll be into a cup semi I reckon, but those are very big ifs. St Johnstone are no mugs either, I've no doubt they're one of the teams to beat if we want to consolidate 3rd and push for 2nd.

2-1 to us, I reckon.

grumpyespana

Think there will be a few changes on wed hopefully our new keeper will get a game.

Noring and Muirhead to start I hope.

Oh and Liam Craig to be maimed in the first minute.

We've got to play our strongest team. Its the only way to get the best out of the players. 2-1 Hearts.

alicante jambo

Interesting listening to robbie saying rherras and paterson were playing injured.Watt went off with a groin problem so i reckon a couple of chenges.

We_are_the_Hearts

Yep. Seeing that carrot heided welt getting cemented would be most pleasing.

Would love to see Perry back to wipe out Irn Bru baws..................

heartsfc_fan

Interesting listening to robbie saying rherras and paterson were playing injured.Watt went off with a groin problem so i reckon a couple of chenges.

In that case:

-------------------Noring------------

Smith------Souttar------Ozturk-------Rossi

------Cowie-------Djoum--------Bauben----

Walker--------Sammon-------Muirhead

tartofmidlothian

In that case:

That's the team I was about to post. Except Kitchen for Buaben if he's fit, and switch positions with Djoum.

KineticBeat

That's annoying. Would have been good to keep a consistent team together but this probably means at least 3 changes. 

In that case:

Would like that but with walker and muirhead on the opposite sides, having those 2 cutting in on their defence adding to the troubles they could have with Sammon it could be very effective.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Why change the team from Sunday unless injury suspension, I'd pick the same team

We've not won this cup since 1962 it should be treated as a final, continuity, keep it simple

jambojardine7490

Anybody know what the ticketing arrangement for this game are? i.e is it a cash gate?

The Treasurer

Why change the team from Sunday unless injury suspension, I'd pick the same team

We've not won this cup since 1962 it should be treated as a final, continuity, keep it simple

The team put in a hard shift on Sunday, therefore I expect the side to be freshened up a wee bit, considering we have another important match on Saturday.

Noring and Muirhead to start I hope.

Oh and Liam Craig to be maimed in the first minute.

the 2nd part top of my wish list also :devil:  as for the game, whoever plays, the same passion, desire and skill as Sunday please.

I was watching the pre match warm up routines and they were working with Liam Smith in the LB position and Rherras went off and up the tunnel about five minutes before the rest of the players and we wondered if he was injured.

Paterson also seemed to get an injury early doors and I saw him crouching over a few times during the game as if he was in a bit of pain.

Maroon 1874

Sorry mate he HAD a groin problem and he was only ever going to play him for a hour as he is still not fully match fit , Robbie said this on his pre - match interview, I fully expect him to be part of the team on Wed

Anybody know what the ticketing arrangement for this game are? i.e is it a cash gate?

It's quite easy really you just log onto the HMFC website and you will see this.

Cash gates will be in operation for Hearts? Betfred Cup second round match at St Johnstone next week.

The Jambos travel to McDiarmid Park on Wednesday, 10th August for a 7.45pm kick-off, and travelling supporters will be housed in the North Stand.

There will be no advanced ticket sales, with entry prices on the night as follows:

jambojardine7490

It's quite easy really you just log onto the HMFC website and you will see this.

Cash gates will be in operation for Hearts? Betfred Cup second round match at St Johnstone next week.

The Jambos travel to McDiarmid Park on Wednesday, 10th August for a 7.45pm kick-off, and travelling supporters will be housed in the North Stand.

There will be no advanced ticket sales, with entry prices on the night as follows:

I did have a look but couldn't find this. Must've missed it. Cheers

I did have a look but couldn't find this. Must've missed it. Cheers

Here are the prices to, it was under ticket info for St Johnstone.

• Adults - ?18
  • Concession (Over 65s and 13-18-year-olds) - ?12
  • Accompanied 12-year-olds and Under 12s ? Free

As cash gates are the only method of entry, supporters are encouraged to make their way to McDiarmid Park as early as possible in order to avoid queues at the turnstiles.

GorgieRules22

Hopefully we don't make many changes. This trophy should be one that were gunning for so pretty much the same team again for me apart from bringing back Ozturk for Souttar.

Too much tinkering in the league cup hasn't helped us in the past and it's important to bounce back after yesterday.

letsalldothebeattie

Looking forward to it more now after yesterday's display. Hope we play the same way and get at St Johnstone.

Wouldn't be surprised if Robbie made a couple changes can't see any wholesale changes. We must target winning this competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would we want to drop Hamilton for a GK nobody on here has seen play ?

Bit odd.

Hamilton wasn't great Sunday, maybe some hoping for a good find ala djoum etc.

Personally I think Hamilton is not ready yet and we need a reliable No.1

Hamilton wasn't great Sunday, maybe some hoping for a good find ala djoum etc.

Personally I think Hamilton is not ready yet and we need a reliable No.1

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Hamiltons performance yesterday. Made a number of good blocks imo.

tartofmidlothian

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Hamiltons performance yesterday. Made a number of good blocks imo.

Spot on. Deserves his place so far and looks to be gaining confidence.

I'd swap Ozturk for Soutar and maybe Buaben for Nicholson and play a 4 1 3 2 kind of formation with Buaben playing holding midfielder. Have a strong bench with Noring,Smith,Soutar/Nowak,Nicholson,Kitchen,Zanatta and Muirhead.

kylelauren01

So the master plan to get Jack Hamilton more experience/game time is by dropping him...go figure!

alicante jambo

Sorry mate he HAD a groin problem and he was only ever going to play him for a hour as he is still not fully match fit , Robbie said this on his pre - match interview, I fully expect him to be part of the team on Wed

Sound mate cheers for that.

If Kitchen's fit I'd like to see him come in for Nicholson with Djoum getting a more attacking role. Rest of the team stays the same unless injuries or lack of fitness after Sunday are an issue.

Jambof3tornado

Bit odd.

I saw him play 90 at cowdenbeath.

No point dropping jack unless its to give noring a cup tie.

I saw him play 90 at cowdenbeath.

No point dropping jack unless its to give noring a cup tie.

How did he look ?

queensferryjambo

Bit odd.

I saw him play 90 minutes at Dunfermline.

He had no chance with 2 of the goals but was tragic for the 3rd goal.

Hamilton was poor yesterday. His distribution was dreadful, his kicking terrible and he flapped at every cross ball. Unfortunately he does not inspire confidence.

As for Kitchen, although he is a good player he makes us way to defensive and allows Neilson to be negative.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hamilton was poor yesterday. His distribution was dreadful, his kicking terrible and he flapped at every cross ball. Unfortunately he does not inspire confidence.

As for Kitchen, although he is a good player he makes us way to defensive and allows Neilson to be negative.

Allows Neilson to be negative lol

Our LC record is attrocious.  Must win game imo.  100% effort required required and much better discipline.

2-0 Hearts sounds good.

Hamilton

Paterson

Ozturk

Rossi

Rherras

Walker

Djoum

Kitchen

Zanatta

Muirhead

Sammon

Not advocating changes just for the sake of it, but can see a couple of changes being made with Saturday in mind.

Jambof3tornado

How did he look ?

I thought he looked commanding. Very vocal. I think if he got a chance at the gloves Jack would struggle to oust him to be honest.

I can understand why RN would give him a game in the cup.

Futurejambo1

Hamilton

Paterson

Ozturk

Rossi

Rherras

Walker

Djoum

Kitchen

Zanatta

Muirhead

Sammon

Not advocating changes just for the sake of it, but can see a couple of changes being made with Saturday in mind.

Maybe a couple of changes but can't see Zanatta being one of them, I would stick unless Paterson or Rherras are struggling

Archived