Cry Baby

Stuart Lyon

Midloth_Iain

He has worked very hard to come back from injury to captain his team in the Finals.

Very sad for him.

Ibrahim Tall

Just fought his way back from a serious injury in time to represent his country on home soil and now from the look of it he's got a bad injury and set to miss the most important games of his career.

Gutted for him tbh.

rudi must stay
Swiss captain is a Frei baby!

out for months with an injury then he get back just in time for the opening game in a tournament in his own country and he gets injured again. who wouldn't be upset?

Rawrrrrrrr

Aye

Player who has missed much of the past 2 years through injury misses rest of the tournament, and possibly a big chunk of the next year or so (or worse) if it is a knee ligament injury as it looked

Im sure you would be crying too

Stuart Lyon

Boo hoo I'm a very rich Swiss football player and I have tried to get fit on really good wages and I am so proud to have captained my country in the opening match of Euro 2008. Well I did that and then got injured oh my goodness! S*it happens! He will obviously miss out on a few win/draw bonuses but that's the least of his worries. Did he come back too soon in order to be a martyr? Only he will know.

Boo hoo I'm a very rich Swiss football player and I have tried to get fit on really good wages and I am so proud to have captained my country in the opening match of Euro 2008. Well I did that and then got injured oh my goodness! S*it happens! He will obviously miss out on a few win/draw bonuses but that's the least of his worries. Did he come back too soon in order to be a martyr? Only he will know.

Do you know the guy personally? Because if you don't it's a bit out of order to make those sort of assumptions about him, IMO.

Give it a rest.

Gigolo-Aunt
Do you know the guy personally? Because if you don't it's a bit out of order to make those sort of assumptions about him, IMO.

Give it a rest.

Correct again, mate.

In a world where footballers are accused of not caring due to the large amount of money they earn, think he showed today that playing for his country meant a hell of a lot to him.

He was looking pretty dangerous for the Swiss, they could have certainly done with him in the second half - might have even got them a point.

Must be gutting for a player to go to a major tournament and pick up an injury that keeps you out of it.

Rawrrrrrrr

What makes it worse if it is a knee ligament injury as looked likely, at 29 by the time he recovers his career could pretty much be over at a decent level

the OP is showing himself up as a complete :mad:

Castle Magyar

When I read the title I thought it referred to Ronaldo; great player BUT;

* why does he always look up at the big screen - is it just to be sure the camera is focussed on him?

* a blatent dive in <10 seconds from KO and the ref falls for it, right in front of the linesman; hope it doesn't go continue and he manges to play some decent footie, but dear oh dear

* if someone has some stats for his contribution tonight please publish, maybe expecting too much and for sure Ferguson & Co know more about football than me, but Jesus !!

Bluesy1874

i just cant beleive people slate professional football players for not caring about who they play for but only for the money

but when it comes to someone showing on the pitch that they do care and if that means crying so be it. they also get slated for it

:laugh: Are you actually for real? Haha, this is the first time i've genuinely laughed at JKB in months!

'Did he come back too soon in order to be a martyr?' :laugh: Great stuff. So i'm assuming you're saying that the Czech player was in on this aswell, deliberately munching his knee.

:mw_rolleyes:

Archived