A river runs through it

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Dear all,

A week today, I will be partaking in my first (and possibly last) white water river rafting experience.

http://www.activ8s.com/white_water_rafting.htm

"and culminates in a double-drop water fall at the Linn of Tummel"

This exercise forms part of events I’m organising as the ‘Best Man’ for my mate, who is getting married.

Has anyone else participated in such a pursuit and lived to tell the tale? [Edit: the rapids, not 'best man']

My fear is that we end up capsizing and become stranded in some back country where we’ll be forced to negotiate with some twisted looking St Johnstone fans.

If anything does happen to me, I just want to say it’s been a pleasure, and John Mitchell can have my prized 1986 ‘Queen at Wembley’ video.

Squeal Boa!

Burt_Reynolds_and_Ronny_Cox_in_Deliverance.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Dear all,

A week today, I will be partaking in my first (and possibly last) white water river rafting experience.

This exercise forms part of events I’m organising as the ‘Best Man’ for my mate, who is getting married.

Has anyone else participated in such a pursuit and lived to tell the tale? [Edit: the rapids, not 'best man']

My fear is that we end up capsizing and become stranded in some back country where we’ll be forced to negotiate with some twisted looking St Johnstone fans.

If anything does happen to me, I just want to say it’s been a pleasure, and John Mitchell can have my prized 1986 ‘Queen at Wembley’ video.

Squeal Boa!

Buffalo Bill

I've done the River Orchy(grade 3-5) at it's best :eek:(scariest thing i have done in my life............brilliant adrenallin rush but if you fell in there was a good chance that was the end of you) and done the Tay a few times.

Going to do the Tummel in few weeks.

Check out

for a video of the Tummell. (check out the guy who 'falls' out around 30secs)

hughesie27
Dear all,

Squeal Boa!

Buffalo Bill

That sort of goes hand in ahnd:D

Good luck bud. You will be fine though. I watched indiana jones the other week and they survived numerous drops before eventually plumetting out of their boat but still managing to avoid the rocks at the bottom.

Just try to not think about all those suicide dudes at Niagra falls

eddie fenwick
Dear all,

This exercise forms part of events I?m organising as the ?Best Man? for my mate, who is getting married.

My fear is that we end up capsizing and become stranded in some back country where we?ll be forced to negotiate with some twisted looking St Johnstone fans.

If anything does happen to me, I just want to say it?s been a pleasure, and John Mitchell can have my prized 1986 ?Queen at Wembley? video.

Squeal Boa!

Buffalo Bill

youre goin to get bummed:dribble:

dodethejambo

You got a purddy mouth..

North Berwick Jambo

Its a real buzz doing it BB, i tried it a couple of years ago up near Loch Tay (with the same company in the video) & it was amazing. We then spent the rest of the afternoon screaming about the Loch on a hired extremely fast Bowrider speeedboat which i also highly recommend if you get the chance! ;)

Buffalo Bill

I feel a tightening of my hamstring!

Buffalo Bill

The Old Tolbooth
Dear all,

This exercise forms part of events I?m organising as the ?Best Man? for my mate, who is getting married.

My fear is that we end up capsizing and become stranded in some back country where we?ll be forced to negotiate with some twisted looking St Johnstone fans.

If anything does happen to me, I just want to say it?s been a pleasure, and John Mitchell can have my prized 1986 ?Queen at Wembley? video.

Squeal Boa!

Buffalo Bill

Aww shucks mate, I'm touched!

Anyone know how to do a rain dance, I really want that video ;)

I've done it on the Tummel The boat my sisters were in filled with water because it got stuck in the treetops (The water was very, very high that day) so they got more excitement out of it than the well drilled efficient crew that I was part of. One of us couldn't swim so we were being extra carefull not to mess it up

We had to wait downstream ready to paddle out and pick anyone out the water who'd faillen out of theat boat. Nonetheless it was really cool.

And you get to wear a wet suit, wet suits rock.

• 2 weeks later...
Buffalo Bill

Had a fantastic time on the Tummell, I'd really recommend it and I'm thinking of going back up again this summer.

At one point, our boat got stuck and they made us all jump off a ledge into the raging torent! I'll never forget that in a hurry.

I found this on Youtube.

Buffalo Bill

The Old Tolbooth

So I'm not getting that video then? ;)

Glad you enjoyed it mate, looks good fun like.

christhejambo

We did the same route a while ago, and they had opened the dam upstream shortly beforehand, so the water was high. Fantastic afternoon- two of us ended up out of the boat and having to be dragged back in on one of the bigger drops towards the end. We paid about 20/25 quid each for it- i reckon you'd stuggle to get a better value for a day out with mates. Defo going up again this summer

Buffalo Bill
We did the same route a while ago, and they had opened the dam upstream shortly beforehand, so the water was high. Fantastic afternoon- two of us ended up out of the boat and having to be dragged back in on one of the bigger drops towards the end. We paid about 20/25 quid each for it- i reckon you'd stuggle to get a better value for a day out with mates. Defo going up again this summer

It's ?35 a head mate but still great value.

When we were stuck on the ledge, the guide was like "you - jump off here and make sure you reach the middle (or the gushing rapid)."

I was like "you must be ****ing joking".

...and then the guy just threw himself off into the water!!

There was little option but to follow him. Like I said, I'll never forget that in a hurry.

Amazing stuff.

Buffalo Bill

Archived