Iraq v Australia WC Dubai

TNCASTLE

Had planned to go to this match tonight with a Jambo pal. However the ticketing policy is as follows.

AED20 for Iraq fans (about 3 quit) and AED460 for Aussie fans. The Iraq federation are saying it is because they were "badly treated" in brisbane last week and their fans were made to pay the latter amount so Australians should! I will be ****ed in the Dubliners and watch it there...thought you chaps would like to know that fascism is alive and well in Middle East. They also suggested Australia train on the pitch at 9:30 last night! They were told to shove it:confused:

It's still the group stages but Aus beat Iraq 1-0 last week.

The game was still in doubt 24 hours before kick off as FIFA had originally banned Iraq due to their Government interfering in the country's football federation.

Last minute appeal and they allowed the game to go ahead.

What was the score n the first leg?

1-0 Kewell. It is a group game. if Iraq lose they are gone. Australia lead group 7 points Iraq 1 and bottom. Iraq are actually not ****e and won Asian cup last time.;)

Had planned to go to this match tonight with a Jambo pal. However the ticketing policy is as follows.

AED20 for Iraq fans (about 3 quit) and AED460 for Aussie fans. The Iraq federation are saying it is because they were "badly treated" in brisbane last week and their fans were made to pay the latter amount so Australians should! I will be ****ed in the Dubliners and watch it there...thought you chaps would like to know that fascism is alive and well in Middle East. They also suggested Australia train on the pitch at 9:30 last night! They were told to shove it:confused:

How come the iraq fa decide on price structure when the game is being played at a nuetral venue?

How come the iraq fa decide on price structure when the game is being played at a nuetral venue?

It is an Iraq "home" match. Someone suggested Iraq might not be the best place to play (FIFA probably). So they charge what they like. I suspect a lot of Aussies looking like Muslims tonight! The clothing is real cheap!:107years:

Tommy Walker

I notice instead of showing the game tonight SBS is showing some M.Mouse European game !

Best

TW

Cairns

maroonedinoz
I notice instead of showing the game tonight SBS is showing some M.Mouse European game !

Best

TW

Cairns

Foxtel have had the contract for Socceroo and A League games for a couple of years now.

SBS would love to show it, but can't.

hong kong jambo

China just lost 0-1 at home to Qatar, so the Aussies are as good as through.

japanjambo

Just watching Japan playing in Oman. 1-0 to Oman at half time. It was 47 deg C there this afternoon. It's now down to a cool 38deg C!

Lynn

Buffalo Bill

The only thing TNCASTLE (or 'Uncle' John as I call him) has to worry about is me coming to stay at his house, eating all his food - drinking his cold icey beers and generally swaning about his house as if it were my own. ;)

2009 is coming round the mountain. :P

Buffalo Bill

North Berwick Jambo

Full time.. Iraq 1 Australia 0 (E.Mohammed 28mins)

Ray Winstone

Anyone who wants a small insight into football in Iraq should read Baghdad FC.

Runs through the happenings during Sadam's regime and then the re-building after.

It stresses that corruption is still rife in the Iraq football federation - all the top jobs are with the same blokes who where there under Sadam and his son.

Thats what you get for letting the Americans decide the fate of "soccer" in the country.

Buffalo Bill

corruption is rife football

Indeed.

_40885035_saul2203.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Ray Winstone
Indeed.

_40885035_saul2203.jpg

Buffalo Bill

That could be your next book - 'Davisgate - Miko's story'

Buffalo Bill
That could be your next book - 'Davisgate - Miko's story'

I managed to scribe my opinion of 'The Freedom of Govan - 2005' first time around! ;)

Buffalo Bill

Ray Winstone
I managed to scribe my opinion of 'The Freedom of Govan - 2005' first time around! ;)

Buffalo Bill

Maybe I will read it sometime - free copy perhaps?

Archived