VELICKA TO THE GERS. (merged threads)

pupstersajambo

Bootboy100

that will p!ss Vlad of royally as the 6 or 12 month cannot be invoked as he was on loan from Kaunas to us!!!

that will p!ss Vlad of royally as the 6 or 12 month cannot be invoked as he was on loan from Kaunas to us!!!

Mabye not if there is a sell on clause in his contract that he gets more money which seems to be the norm now.

the cancer that is the old firm continues

You cant blame The Huns for trying to buy him. We (Vlad) sold our best striker midway during the season (which was incomprehensible), to a Norwegian team.:wacko:

Rangers are quite entitled to go out and buy any players they want. It is a free market. It may stick in the throat if he does go and subsequently scores against us, but our anger should be directed at Vlad.

Charlie-Brown

There are some learned people on here who would have you believe that Andrius Velicka is a bottom SPL / top 1st division quality striker...........

Maroon Mayhem

Wonder if Vlad will cal him "disloyal with no morals" as he did to others who went to play with the OF

funktasticlad

Will no doubt come back to score the 20 goals he would have got had Vlad not seen ? and cashed in. Cant see Viking selling for the same as they paid though, eps if hes been scoring goals for them.

ford donald

should never have been sold in the first place.i thought he was a really good player for us,always working hard in a game and a great finisher.nade could not lace his boots!:mad:

There are some learned people on here who would have you believe that Andrius Velicka is a bottom SPL / top 1st division quality striker...........

Yes I think that is right. And that is why he is playing at that level in Norway, and all of his previous career before Hearts was below that level.

Of course he would score goals if he played for Rangers though. They can expect their strikers to score a lot of goals simply due to the number of chances they make.

Why didn't Smith go for Velicka in January when he was clearly available?

Yes I think that is right. And that is why he is playing at that level in Norway, and all of his previous career before Hearts was below that level.

Of course he would score goals if he played for Rangers though. They can expect their strikers to score a lot of goals simply due to the number of chances they make.

Vlad would have put a price of ?2.5 -3 mill on his head as it was the OF ;)

funktasticlad

Probably knew Romanov wouldnt sell him at his market value to der huns if at all.

Charlie-Brown

It almost certainly means Boyd, Cousin definitely & possibly Novo are unlikely to be at Gers next season although Darcheville has fitness problems so NN might stay but K.Miller & Velicka if they come in signals 2 going out.

If Andrius does go to Hunbrox he will score a shed-load.

He would be the only Gers player I like now that David Weir is leaving.

vegas-voss

So Hearts sell him to that club for ?1.6m and Rangers just expect that club to sell them to them for ?1m only a few months later.Why do they expect them to sell,just becauser they are Rangers ?

:mad: I will be gutted if he goes there, his goals last season were about the only memorable points. Especially against the OF :)

It almost certainly means Boyd, Cousin definitely & possibly Novo are unlikely to be at Gers next season although Darcheville has fitness problems so NN might stay but K.Miller & Velicka if they come in signals 2 going out.

If Andrius does go to Hunbrox he will score a shed-load.

He would be the only Gers player I like now that David Weir is leaving.

It would be very strange for Rangers to move out Boyd and bring in Velicka.

The weaknesses in their games are quite similar - and so are their strengths. Boyd's finishing and chance taking, the runs he makes in the penalty box and his striking of the ball are all way better than Velicka.

Surprised nobody has claimed that him signing for Viking was all a big ruse so that Vlad didn't have to sell him directly to the Huns etc etc.

vegas-voss

The weaknesses in their games are quite similar - and so are their strengths. Boyd's finishing and chance taking, the runs he makes in the penalty box and his striking of the ball are all way better than Velicka.

Velicka can play the rol;e upfront on his own the majority of his goals he scored for us last season was when he was on his own up front.Despite what anyone says about Velicka he was the only striker we had at the club who could play up top on his own.

The Old Tolbooth

I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest, that rag would try and have you believe anything about der hun!

Hun fans were little angels in Manchester according to that paper didn't you know, which should tell everyone exactly what that s c u m m y rags agenda is all about.

Charlie-Brown

I find it strange that you can talk up Neilson yet consistently talk down Velicka a player in demand not once but twice in 6 months, nobody seems prepared to pay any money for Neilson...why is that?

Charlie-Brown
Velicka can play the rol;e upfront on his own the majority of his goals he scored for us last season was when he was on his own up front.Despite what anyone says about Velicka he was the only striker we had at the club who could play up top on his own.

This is correct - he also managed to score 14 goals in 26 games for Hearts in a struggling team against the very same opponents Rangers would require him to score against.

He is poor at playing up front on his own. As we saw when he played up there for us - if he doesn't score by having a belt at the ball - the team doesn't score. That is because he was very poor at holding the ball, passing the ball and poor in the air. Big reason for us having such a poor first 6 months of last season was Velicka on his own up front (in addition to all the other stuff).

So he scored a commendable number of goals - and got his fitness way up on when he first got to Hearts, as well as a good transfer fee for the pyramid. But it was a weak 'team' with him in it.

vegas-voss
He is poor at playing up front on his own. As we saw when he played up there for us - if he doesn't score by having a belt at the ball - the team doesn't score. That is because he was very poor at holding the ball, passing the ball and poor in the air. Big reason for us having such a poor first 6 months of last season was Velicka on his own up front (in addition to all the other stuff).

So he scored a commendable number of goals - and got his fitness way up on when he first got to Hearts, as well as a good transfer fee for the pyramid. But it was a weak 'team' with him in it.

HA HA HA

A weak team with him in it.Yeah and we really impreved when he left im in no doubt that if he stayed he would have scored over 20 goals and we would have got at least 4th in the table.Christ Aberdeen even managed to get 4th in the end.Bottom line is we missed him when he left.

Seroiusly the sun has went to your head.

HA HA HA

A weak team with him in it.Yeah and we really impreved when he left im in no doubt that if he stayed he would have scored over 20 goals and we would have got at least 4th in the table.Christ Aberdeen even managed to get 4th in the end.Bottom line is we missed him when he left.

Seroiusly the sun has went to your head.

I'm in Tokyo this week and it has been a mixture of sun and rain and wind!

Our league position was way higher after he left than when he played. I am not saying it was all his fault. But when he played (and scored) we didn't win very often - and that was partly because he is not very good at linking the play, passing the ball, winning the ball in the air etc. So he would score his goal every other game - but no one else would score. Elliot rightly has had a lot of stick for his goalscoring record - but the 'team play' was better after January when he/Nade/Mole were up front than in the Velicka solo games. And the post January results partly bear that up when compared to the first 6 months of the season.

vegas-voss
I'm in Tokyo this week and it has been a mixture of sun and rain and wind!

Our league position was way higher after he left than when he played. I am not saying it was all his fault. But when he played (and scored) we didn't win very often - and that was partly because he is not very good at linking the play, passing the ball, winning the ball in the air etc. So he would score his goal every other game - but no one else would score. Elliot rightly has had a lot of stick for his goalscoring record - but the 'team play' was better after January when he/Nade/Mole were up front than in the Velicka solo games. And the post January results partly bear that up when compared to the first 6 months of the season.

We had already started to pick up before Velicka left.

portobellojambo1
He is poor at playing up front on his own. As we saw when he played up there for us -

I think what you are saying in essence highlights the need for the manager and his scouts to be involved in the selection process at HMFC. Because somebody looks good in another league, or a catalogue, doesn't mean they will fit into the style of play that is HMFC.

Burley's short stay highlighted that, he came in, saw what we had, knew the formation he wanted to play, knew which of our players could adapt to it and got Simon Hunt to look for players to fill in the blanks (and ignored those he was being asked to play, because he knew they didn't fit his system).

Velicka will score goals, but the style we had didn't suit him, that is where professionals doing the job they are paid to do can benefit clubs, and selecting from a catalogue can be very much hit and miss.

A talented player can end up looking pretty p i s s poor if he is played out of position or in the wrong system (in general, not talking about any specific player).

Mr Quagmire

You are so full of the brown stuff at times Coco.

You have stated that Velicka is gash but if he goes to Rangers he will be good because he will get more chances.

Buffalo Bill

A player that banged goals in for a crap team that play one up front?

If I was Walter I'd be interested too.

?1M seems a smart bit of business. Vlad let him go. Now it could come back to haunt him. AGAIN!

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts
So Hearts sell him to that club for ?1.6m and Rangers just expect that club to sell them to them for ?1m only a few months later.Why do they expect them to sell,just becauser they are Rangers ?

IIRC the fee was ?600,000 rising to ?1,000,000 depending on appearences.

Anyway..............

I think WS enquired about his availabilty previously.

It does not surprise as Velicka is a better SPL player than Cousin.

Rangers will sell Cousin for ?2,000,000 and buy Velicka for ?1,000,000 and he'll get 1/2 the salary of Cousin.

It will be a great bit of business for Rangers.

CornhillHearts

He will do well with Miller up front, seems like Mal Donaghy (allegedly) has lined his pockets big time with the old double bluff/deal trick.

Drylaw Hearts
He will do well with Miller up front, seems like Mal Donaghy (allegedly) has lined his pockets big time with the old double bluff/deal trick.

The ex-Man Utd player ?

What is his involvement ?

maroonedinoz
should never have been sold in the first place.i thought he was a really good player for us,always working hard in a game and a great finisher.nade could not lace his boots!:mad:

Another example of outstanding management by Vlad.

wonder who he blames this time?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Wonder if Vlad will cal him "disloyal with no morals" as he did to others who went to play with the OF

Only one i can think of.

HillmanHearts

Unfortunately - This would be great buisness for Gers. A fit and motivated Velicka would score for fun for them in the SPL. Similar to Boyd in certain ways with the exception that he has pace & mobility. I hope that at least we get a cut of the fee !

DarthVodka

Would he be allowed to move with the FIFA 3 clubs in whatever amount of months rule that the have. The one they couldnt sell Cousin because of?

The Future's Maroon
Is that how much Vlad got for him? I cant remember!

I cant see any club buy a player for ?1.6m (with sign on fee's) and just four months later sell him at such a loss? Maybe if Rangers offer ?2m I could see it happening.

And although it would be a tad brutal for us and a kick in the nads for Vlad, Rangers are perfectly within their right to try and get him.....not sure why tho especially with Miller going back, nothing on Boyd's future and who ever else they have for upfront Fleck and Darchville?

Strange one for me, maybe just a slow day at the Dailly Ranger?

My mate just got his autograph at Glasgow Airport - on his way to Murray Park just now.

Mabye not if there is a sell on clause in his contract that he gets more money which seems to be the norm now.

more than probable

Blackdog35
Would he be allowed to move with the FIFA 3 clubs in whatever amount of months rule that the have. The one they couldnt sell Cousin because of?

That wouldn't apply as the rule is that a player can't play for more than 3 clubs in ONE SEASON.

Velicka's nothing special, i'm afraid.

More often than not he looked disinterested and somewhat bloated.

the cancer that is the old firm continues

How's that,Rangers make an offer(?) for a player that was ON LOAN to us,so what.

Tell you what mate ,you want to get a life,FFS all these idiots who think that it's the OF who are to blame want to look a bit closer to home.

That was LAST season,this will be a NEW season,get it.

This would make me laugh tbh. Vlad cashed in for ferk all at a time we REALLY needed him, and now the hun will take advantage, bring him back and he'll pump the goals in for them.

To me it shows that Romanov hasn't a clue, just sees the $$ and thinks of his bank balance. If Velicka does go there and turns into a real player, hopefully Romanov will realise he's an amateur and bring in somebody with half a football brain.

Is that how much Vlad got for him? I cant remember!

I cant see any club buy a player for ?1.6m (with sign on fee's) and just four months later sell him at such a loss? Maybe if Rangers offer ?2m I could see it happening.

And although it would be a tad brutal for us and a kick in the nads for Vlad, Rangers are perfectly within their right to try and get him.....not sure why tho especially with Miller going back, nothing on Boyd's future and who ever else they have for upfront Fleck and Darchville?

Strange one for me, maybe just a slow day at the Dailly Ranger?

As pointed out earlier, it was ?600k up front and an additional ?400k depending on appearances, so ?1m total. Not ?1.6m.

Archived