Root Beer, Help?

Rab87

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of root beer in Edinburgh, any brand. Aint had a can in years. Lovely stuff.

awrb.JPG

Cheers

chester copperpot
Does anyone know where I can get a hold of root beer in Edinburgh, any brand. Aint had a can in years. Lovely stuff.

awrb.JPG

Cheers

Never tasted it, what's it like?

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm actually drinking a can of A & W just now, lovely stuff!

As to what is it like, it's a very strange taste, some say it tastes like ralgex or deap heat, some say it is a bit like dr pepper. It's like irn bru in the sense that the taste is very hard to describe (that doesnt mean it is anything like bru!)

And where you would get some in edinburgh, i've no idea!

It's definatly an aquirred taste.

Sort of like a smokey Dr Pepper.

Hard to explain really as I've not had it in aaaages.

chester copperpot
I'm actually drinking a can of A & W just now, lovely stuff!

As to what is it like, it's a very strange taste, some say it tastes like ralgex or deap heat, some say it is a bit like dr pepper. It's like irn bru in the sense that the taste is very hard to describe (that doesnt mean it is anything like bru!)

And where you would get some in edinburgh, i've no idea!

Thanks. I think. :confused:

Craig Gordons Gloves

sorry, didnt really help did it! Like i said, kind of hard to describe. Tastes really good cold with loads of ice.

This might help in the frequently asked questions

http://www.rootbeerworld.com/index.php

by the way - Sainsburys do root beer. Asda also!

chester copperpot
sorry, didnt really help did it! Like i said, kind of hard to describe. Tastes really good cold with loads of ice.

This might help in the frequently asked questions

http://www.rootbeerworld.com/index.php

by the way - Sainsburys do root beer. Asda also!

I will try it when I'm over in the states in July. ;)

cosanostra

It's ok but not great.

Like a sugary, strong, chemically, Dr Pepper crossed with deep heat spray.

Not bad but not great either.

Any of the US based Jambo crew ever try gardettos? They are outstanding.

In the old days we used to buy a black licorice root we called it, put it in a bottle with water and shake it. It was in fact a precursor to root beer. I learned that when I first came to Canada and had a commercial root beer and recognized the taste immediately.

The only real way to drink A&W root beer is with car service and get the root beer in a frosted mug, like a beer mug. That and a Papa burger and fries, with a side of onion rings.

Used to have them every night almost, when working late shift, I am sure my doctor would quickly attribute any of my medical problems to that diet.

Oh man!!

I've got 3 cases of the stuff just sitting waiting to be quaffed!!

Head on down to Mmmm...root beer

If you wander around the site long enough, or register or something you'll get free shipping.

Also good for Oreos and Kool-Aid :D

the stuff is lovely

you can get cans of it in lupe pintos. Its a sortof mexican deli in tollcross and it sells loads of imported drinks and sweets/choclates from america.

Its just up from the kings theatre.

davemclaren
In the old days we used to buy a black licorice root we called it, put it in a bottle with water and shake it. It was in fact a precursor to root beer. I learned that when I first came to Canada and had a commercial root beer and recognized the taste immediately.

The only real way to drink A&W root beer is with car service and get the root beer in a frosted mug, like a beer mug. That and a Papa burger and fries, with a side of onion rings.

Used to have them every night almost, when working late shift, I am sure my doctor would quickly attribute any of my medical problems to that diet.

Jeez, your arteries must be a bit furry. I feel sorry for the horses in the RCMP. ;)

DarthVodka

Smells and tastes only what I can imagine germoline would taste like

You can buy it in Cornilieus in Fester Road

Stuart Lyon

Bob we called your licorice drink sugarolly (spelling) water. It was delicious but I am not sure if I would appreciate it now.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Used to serve it in McDonalds when it first opened in Princes Street

I loves it!

Lupe's have about 3 or 4 different brands

Archived