True Jambos Be Aware!

cuddledoon

Even though I rarely post, over all the years that KB has existed, I have enjoyed and appreciated the fantastic resource and information provided.

Sincere congratulations are due to those who give of their time to run and moderate the site.

I have felt compelled to write this post as I have become saddened at what seems to me a downward and deteriorating trend in many of the threads. Whilst there are posters, some who have added valuable content over years, who are worth reading, unfortunately it has become apparent that there is a growing and worrying element who are critical and derogatory about both our Club and our fellow posters, and indeed some who appear to have an agenda which is to sow disharmony and disunity about various aspects of our Club.

A recent example of this concerned one of our senior club officials, Scot Gardiner, about whom some of the posts were not only outrageous, but were libellous.

Unlike some posting on here who could not be bothered reading the posts of people who have some knowledge of Scot Gardiner, but just spout uninformed opinion, I have spent some time in the company of Scot, particularly in Malta, as well as occasionally in the past.

I support the view of the Owner and Directors that Scot Gardiner is an ideal fit for our Club.

I have been surprised at just how well he has assimilated himself in to our Club, and despite any previous allegiances, he sees himself now as a Jambo, and actually feels honoured to be in such a position, helping influence our way forward.

Highly approachable, pleased to converse, open and willing to listen - would be my conclusion.

The attack on Scot was followed by further disgusting posts on another of our senior management.

The people who make such scurrilous comments seem to believe that by being nameless they can post anything they choose - without fear of comeback.

How they think such "garbage" helps, and indeed, with complete lack of real knowledge, particularly in the case of some uninformed criticisms about players, they do not seem to understand that it affects self-esteem and confidence, with the result that it is detrimental to performances on the pitch. Or maybe they do - and actually are trying to undermine our players.

Actually, it is not difficult to determine who these posters really are, and, fortunately for them, people like Scot choose to have much more important things to do than pursue them.

Of course, we have the right to discuss and agree to disagree about things to do with our current squad, the need for a quality goal-scorer, our way of playing etc, but what has become obvious to me, and especially in Malta during which I witnessed many aspects of our Club at work, is the level of professionalism clearly in place or being worked on. Most would consider that the results on the pitch are of greatest importance, but in all my decades of supporting our fantastic club, I have never seen so many of our club operations being run so well, or at least with plans in place.

I trust that fellow Hearts' fans will not be offended at my opinions, far less my forthrightness, and will endeavour not to be influenced by, nor give oxygen to, the mindless views of those who appear keen to de-stabilise our present regime.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I rarely post, over all the years that KB has existed, I have enjoyed and appreciated the fantastic resource and information provided.

Sincere congratulations are due to those who give of their time to run and moderate the site.

I have felt compelled to write this post as I have become saddened at what seems to me a downward and deteriorating trend in many of the threads. Whilst there are posters, some who have added valuable content over years, who are worth reading, unfortunately it has become apparent that there is a growing and worrying element who are critical and derogatory about both our Club and our fellow posters, and indeed some who appear to have an agenda which is to sow disharmony and disunity about various aspects of our Club.

A recent example of this concerned one of our senior club officials, Scot Gardiner, about whom some of the posts were not only outrageous, but were libellous.

Unlike some posting on here who could not be bothered reading the posts of people who have some knowledge of Scot Gardiner, but just spout uninformed opinion, I have spent some time in the company of Scot, particularly in Malta, as well as occasionally in the past.

I support the view of the Owner and Directors that Scot Gardiner is an ideal fit for our Club.

I have been surprised at just how well he has assimilated himself in to our Club, and despite any previous allegiances, he sees himself now as a Jambo, and actually feels honoured to be in such a position, helping influence our way forward.

Highly approachable, pleased to converse, open and willing to listen - would be my conclusion.

The attack on Scot was followed by further disgusting posts on another of our senior management.

The people who make such scurrilous comments seem to believe that by being nameless they can post anything they choose - without fear of comeback.

How they think such "garbage" helps, and indeed, with complete lack of real knowledge, particularly in the case of some uninformed criticisms about players, they do not seem to understand that it affects self-esteem and confidence, with the result that it is detrimental to performances on the pitch. Or maybe they do - and actually are trying to undermine our players.

Actually, it is not difficult to determine who these posters really are, and, fortunately for them, people like Scot choose to have much more important things to do than pursue them.

Of course, we have the right to discuss and agree to disagree about things to do with our current squad, the need for a quality goal-scorer, our way of playing etc, but what has become obvious to me, and especially in Malta during which I witnessed many aspects of our Club at work, is the level of professionalism clearly in place or being worked on. Most would consider that the results on the pitch are of greatest importance, but in all my decades of supporting our fantastic club, I have never seen so many of our club operations being run so well, or at least with plans in place.

I trust that fellow Hearts' fans will not be offended at my opinions, far less my forthrightness, and will endeavour not to be influenced by, nor give oxygen to, the mindless views of those who appear keen to de-stabilise our present regime.

Well said bud.

I'd never heard of him until the recent thread.

Neither a help nor a hindrance, but true.

Excellent post. That particular thread showed up a few despicable reptiles for what they are.

Heartsmad1874

One guy's claim about Levein on the transfer thread was bordering stupidity :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There have always been bellends on this forum.  And every other footy forum I'd guess.

The numbers have increased or become increasingly vocal in the last year though.

I think a good number of them are people who simply don't know how complex football is.  They're the Football Manager, Sky Sports brigade who want everything on a plate and maybe just don't get what supporting a real team is about: ups and downs.  And a faceless forum gives them the chance to vent their juvenile nonsense on matters they know little of.  The way people talk about footballers on here is crazy.  Guys trying to make a career in the game we love for the club we love.  It's not an easy game.

Ho hum though.  I still come on and still tread through it looking for the tidbits of interest from the good posters (of which there are many by the way - they're just a bit drowned out at present).

This place used to even be a laugh at times!   Imagine!

Heartsmad1874

I missed this thread. What was said?

It was the thread about Scot Gardiner, seem to remember you posting on it about Ann Park and her rudeness over the phone to you mate hahah

It was the thread about Scot Gardiner, seem to remember you posting on it about Ann Park and her rudeness over the phone to you mate hahah

Never seen Scot get mentioned. I'll stand by what Ann Park said though. It was disgusting.

Oh and to the OP what do you mean by "be aware"?

If I may answer for the OP.  He may well mean be aware of thinking that a few gomerals' opinions on here hold any water or represent the views of our fanbase in any way whatsoever.  If it gets said enough on here, it often becomes some sort of fact on here.  The "on here" bit is what's important there.

Cardiac Rucksack

How they think such "garbage"helps, and indeed, with complete lack of real knowledge, particularly in the case of some uninformed criticisms about players, they do not seem to understand that it affects self-esteem and confidence, with the result that it is detrimental to performances on the pitch. Or maybe they do - and actually are trying to undermine our players.

So not garbage, interesting.

Sounds like a threat :sob:

Yep. Sounds a bit familiar to Pieman's threats back in the day.

If the OP is Scot or is employed by the club I would have much more respect for them if they said so.

I agree with 90% of what is happening at the club but I will voice my concerns at the other 10%. An anonymous post on a forum ain't going to stop that.

Cardiac Rucksack

I'm sure there was a post on here the other day mentioning that Mr gardiner involved himself with their message board whilst at dens.

I think he's making a well thought our plea for certain people to act with some responsibility. He's definitely not issuing threats. Bolting the stable door as far as I'm concerned as this place is a long way down the slippery slope of ****wittery.

Don't know much about Gardiner, but this site definitely is riddled with the guys you refer to in paragraph 3 though. Not as bad as some other sites where every member is at it, but definitely agree.

I could join hibs net and criticise everything hibs do, from the fans to the board, manager and players. That's the nature of the Internet. Personally I can't understand why you'd waste your time posting on another teams board, it's a pretty sad way to get your kicks.

There are no doubt others who post views on here for a reaction and they don't actually believe a word they write and don't express those views in public.

The reality is there is a small element of our fan base pursuing their own agenda with planes and banners. There is a number of fans who are getting a little fed up with the style of play and that's fine we all pay our money and are entitled to our opinions. I'd suggest most fans are fully behind the club as a whole and would defend the club every day of the week to any opposition fan.

JKB gives a platform for extreme views I've never really taken JKB as a true gauge of our supports view. It's relatively obvious after a while who goes to games and who doesn't. Plus if you go to games you know what the fans mood is as you experience it around the game and during it.

I wouldn't get to hung up about a few bams on the Internet slagging someone off. You only need to look at Twitter and the likes to see how many people get involved in mad behaviour because they think they're anonymous.

I think he's making a well thought our plea for certain people to act with some responsibility. He's definitely not issuing threats. Bolting the stable door as far as I'm concerned as this place is a long way down the slippery slope of ****wittery.

Why doesn't he just come out and say it's him. Serious question.

I could join hibs net and criticise everything hibs do, from the fans to the board, manager and players. That's the nature of the Internet. Personally I can't understand why you'd waste your time posting on another teams board, it's a pretty sad way to get your kicks.

Their are no doubt others who post views on here for a reaction and they don't actually believe a word they write and don't express those views in public.

The reality is there is a small element of our fan base pursuing their own agenda with planes and banners. There is a number of fans who are getting a little fed up with the style of play and that's fine we all pay our money and are entitled to our opinions. I'd suggest most fans are fully behind the club as a whole and would defend the club every day of the week to any opposition fan.

JKB gives a platform for extreme views I've never really taken JKB as a true gauge of our supports view. It's relatively obvious after a while who goes to games and who doesn't. Plus if you go to games you k ow what the fans mood is as you experience it around the game and during it.

I wouldn't get to hung up about a few bams on the Internet slagging someone off. You only need to look at Twitter and the likes to see how many people get involved in mad behaviour because they think they're anonymous.

Good post.

Why doesn't he just come out and say it's him. Serious question.

Unlikely I'd say since he's been registered on JKB since 2006?!

Robbie Neilson

Yep. Sounds a bit familiar to Pieman's threats back in the day.

If the OP is Scot or is employed by the club I would have much more respect for them if they said so.

I agree with 90% of what is happening at the club but I will voice my concerns at the other 10%. An anonymous post on a forum ain't going to stop that.

Agree 100%, if that is indeed Scot, I'd rather he just said so. Crying about folk hiding behind anonymous usernames then doing the same himself!

Mind we all ripped into Leann Dempster for going on Hibs net? I was actually for that, I think its a decent way to connect with fans

Whilst I agree 100% that the club is being run in a good way, the right way, that doesnt mean to say they are beyond criticism when they get things wrong, (the statue and away top) Every Hearts fan will be pleased with some of the things happening for our club, and not with other things Just as folk love them, folk will also hate them. That doesnt mean folk who run the club / make these decision are beyond praise or criticism

Libelous stuff, yeah, stop that, that will be the mods job. But genuine criticism, thats fine where justified. A radge post from Scot isnt going to change that folk will praise and criticize the regime

Scot should also be aware that Kickback isnt the whole Hearts support, it isnt even the only Hearts forum on the internet :lol:

I tried to send you a PM but you are not a subscriber so  it failed. Can you send me one I am trying to engage your points but am not sure in public is the best way to so do

Thing is... Even if it is him, I'd still have a lot more time for him than the folk who are determined to just slate the club over anything at all just to fit their agenda.

While some people appear to want to turn this around to an outing of people who misrepresent themselves on the Internet... what do the same people think about the number of regular JKB posters who's primary purpose seems to be to troll on here for the entertainment of members of another forum?

Thing is... Even if it is him, I'd still have a lot more time for him than the folk who are determined to just slate the club over anything at all just to fit their agenda.

I don't think it's that bad. You get a few on here who are juat out to troll and moan about everything but that happens everywhere.

A bit off topic but whens this q&a?

Generic Username

We've rustled Scot's jimmies so bad he's signed up to defend his own honour!

Mind that time Phil MacHugh was PM'ing folk pretending to be someone from Hearts. It's like that. Only better.

While some people appear to want to turn this around to an outing of people who misrepresent themselves on the Internet... what do the same people think about the number of regular JKB posters who's primary purpose seems to be to troll on here for the entertainment of members of another forum?

Like who?

florida_jambo_1874

SCot - get over yourself you jumped up no mark

At least have the cojones to admit it's you instead of hiding behind a username - did you spot the irony?

Laughable. And you're running our club???

Geoff Kilpatrick

Didn't Scot Gardiner take charge of the Dundee message boards cuddledoon?

Just saying. :whistling:

PS Ann Park was still out of order, Scot Gardiner should stay away from strip design and statues and I use my own name. Cheers!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A lot of people never moved on from Budgement Day and choose to rip over the smallest of items.

The club has never been even remotely close to being this well run in my life time

John Findlay

According to the op's profile they have been a member of this forum since Jan 13 2006. They have 34 posts. Unless KB is complicit in setting up profiles. I would say the OP is not Scot Gardiner.

Get yer tin helmet on mate.

Although the genuine Hearts fans are still in the majority on this site.

JKB seems to be slowly being taken over by trolls,Hibs fans and folk with unrealistic

expectations and the worst thing is when anyone points it out it seems most are in denial. They come over all defensive and claim they are not being allowed to criticise the club when in fact it's all they ever seem to do.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A lot of people never moved on from Budgement Day and choose to rip over the smallest of items.

The club has never been even remotely close to being this well run in my life time

Quite. Doesn't mean it is 100% though.

Scot, I mean cuddledoon, should realise that.

I invite Scott Gardiner to get in touch about my comments on said thread (Im sure the mods/admin could point him in my direction) . I can back up what i said or i wouldnt have said it ... but i said something people on here didnt like and got abuse for it ... what did I expect , its par for course on kickback these days ..........

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived