Warburton

First48

Is anyone else getting annoyed with this w@nk?

First he states that unlike us he won't be making wholesale changes to his championship winning squad then makes 8 new signings. Today I read he has a go about young players wanting to stay local when being sent on loan and not testing themselves (which is a fair point) but then goes on to say that he sent a player to St Midden but that's ok as they will play in a good division. All the time no one in the press picks up on any of his contradictions.

He seems to be settling in to the role of an old firm manager very well.

Yes he's annoying

but is Scottish football in such a strong place not to listen to some of points he makes about youth football etc

If you look at his background, he has plenty of experience of talking BS outside of football as a stockbroker or something

...a bit disco

They way he goes on you would think his ideas were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

He's perfectly suited to that club - he even looks like one of the horrible fans.

He won't have been pulled up in the press at all because the fans still like him, give it a few losses and Celtic running away with the league and as soon as the fans turn, and they will, he'll start getting dogs abuse in the tabloids for all the crap he talks.

He'll be away by the end of this season, one way or another.

HeartOfWestLothian

To be fair he knows more than most when it comes to youth development. He did afterall pioneer the successful NextGen series.

It's sad though that in Scotland ideas are immediately shot down if they come from someone outwith your own club or country.

Wait didn't The Rangers make use of the loan system last year? While Warburton was manager?

Typical contradiction going unchecked because The Rangers are awfy sensitive wee souls

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

HeartOfWestLothian

Wait didn't The Rangers make use of the loan system last year? While Warburton was manager?

Typical contradiction going unchecked because The Rangers are awfy sensitive wee souls

Read the article.

Beaten by Hibs in a Scottish cup final on his cv.

Unique manager in that sense.

Doesn't seem to worry him for some reason.

Read the article.

I did, he said the 'local' loan system is damaging to young Scottish players. So is a "big" club getting players in on loan from other clubs when they could be promoting their own youth players

John Findlay

I'm sure Murray Park is producing the next World Class star as I type.

HeartOfWestLothian

I did, he said the 'local' loan system is damaging to young Scottish players. So is a "big" club getting players in on loan from other clubs when they could be promoting their own youth players

He makes the point teams tend to look for local clubs when loaning out their players instead of looking for clubs where they will develop the most and actually makes the point about him loaning Ball from Tottenham.

To be fair he knows more than most when it comes to youth development. He did afterall pioneer the successful NextGen series.

It's sad though that in Scotland ideas are immediately shot down if they come from someone outwith your own club or country.

difficult to listen to anyone associated with Rangers

but yes

depends if Scottish football is able to use good ideas

that remains in doubt

50th in rankings and falling

Meh, all the "quotes" from the msm are largely ignored now, take BBC football gossip, never a day goes by without some vaguely linked story to The Rangers from Paul leguen getting a Nigeria job, thoughts about the loan system, how Kenny Miller thinks so and so will be great this season, the size of warburtons morning jobbie etc etc.. The media circus is gaining momentum ready for a massive vinegar stroke around August. Did we expect anything less?

The Treasurer

He makes the point teams tend to look for local clubs when loaning out their players instead of looking for clubs where they will develop the most and actually makes the point about him loaning Ball from Tottenham.

The reason a lot of young players are loaned out to "local" clubs in Scotland is that many of those clubs are part-time, therefore the player can continue to train with his parent club as well and they can monitor his progress more closely.

It's maybe too much for this mouthpiece to understand, but there's not a queue of English or European clubs wanting to take 17 year old Scottish players on loan, so we have to use the options that are available

Dalstonjambo

If you look at his background, he has plenty of experience of talking BS outside of football as a stockbroker or something

Ha ha - at least get it right. He was an FX trader. And as someone that works in finance I could argue your broad generalisations are bordering on offensive. 

Just because people work in finance doesn't mean they are all some gordon gekko type you've seen in a film or something.

Nookie Bear

The reason a lot of young players are loaned out to "local" clubs in Scotland is that many of those clubs are part-time, therefore the player can continue to train with his parent club as well and they can monitor his progress more closely.

It's maybe too much for this mouthpiece to understand, but there's not a queue of English or European clubs wanting to take 17 year old Scottish players on loan, so we have to use the options that are available

I don't think "mouthpiece" was the word you were looking for...

Mark Warburton is a very good manager. You'll be hard pushed to find anyone in the game who has a bad word to say about him. He spouts the usual non sense every other manager spouts, not that different to Robbie "King/Gomis have a future at hearts" Neilson. He's took a very average group of players and turned them into a very dangerous football team. I hate Rangers but even I have to admit to being impressed with how well they play football, not to dissimilar to how we played football in the championship.

Billy Walsh

They way he goes on you would think his ideas were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Made me laugh

Seymour M Hersh

I'm sure the weejie red tops will treat the comments as just that. In between enormous slurps of his bumhole.

...a bit disco

Made me laugh

:thumbsup:

There is hope.

I'm not rising to the amount of dough he's spending.

BRAVEHEART1874

Aye he does seem to moan a lot but half of this will be the daily sevco just encouraging him they try to make up stories so the gullable think its all about them. Every day it's miller says this tav says that russ says this  ;) You would think that with about 2/3rd or so other team supporters in scotland they wouldnt make it so obvious but someone is still buying the tosh :)

On a more worrying note is why most teams seem to be happy to let 2 of there men stand wide on each touchline well over the half way line unmarked and receive the ball very easily ? let alone leave fathorn or tavinier totally unmarked like motherwell did on a couple of occasions? It is crazy and with Russ's usuall 65mins as if it is compulsary 2 subs i really expect ourselves, aberdeen,celtic, st johnstone to be able to mark closer/better and put there dodgy defense under pressure and give him something to really to moan about this year :)

kingantti1874

All those player signed and still have Wilson and Kieran at the back.. Was chatting to a player yesterday whi told me they are always told to target Wilson.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Unique manager in that sense.

Doesn't seem to worry him for some reason.

:lol:

Good shout. Should have that on his gravestone, the bald fud

Anyone who buys the daily ranger and then complains about the amount of coverage that the rangers get in it are off their heads. Actually, anyone who buys the daily ranger is off their heads full stop. Thankfully, their sales are plummeting about as fast as the Scotsman

glastonbury jambo

He is turning into a total Rangers hard man fud,

he will be put in his place this season though , that new co defence is rank.

Jambo 4 Ever

All those player signed and still have Wilson and Kieran at the back.. Was chatting to a player yesterday whi told me they are always told to target Wilson.

Do you mean a player who plays against rangers?

Just wait until the pressure mounts on him to win the league, all lovely at the moment if they lose a couple he'll soon find out what it's all about to manage one of the bum cheeks!!

bajthejambo

If you're not good enough for that Rangers team, then the lower leagues of Scottish Football is as good as it gets I'm afraid.

I tend not to read the comments/interviews from Old Firm players & managers. It's turgid mince.

This Warburton, send youngsters south, fine, but to where?  To play in  very low tiny clubs?  Better off in Scotland boys. 

This guy , is he not starting to look a bit of a supremacist , things from England good things in Scotland bad? 

I hesitate to use the race term. 

Well we the Hearts  shall answer on the pitch  and give his batch of  mongrels a good hiding. 

These fuds could have the Yorkshire Ripper as their boss and the Media would still have their tongues up his arse.

Especially that baldy **** Dung.

I thought that nude nut was retiring?.

Ha ha - at least get it right. He was an FX trader. And as someone that works in finance I could argue your broad generalisations are bordering on offensive.

Just because people work in finance doesn't mean they are all some gordon gekko type you've seen in a film or something.

I've also worked in the finance sector & recently resigned due to the characteristics of most employees within the company, I have been encouraged to chat complete BS with clients & I have heard my colleagues chat complete nonsense inside & outside of work on a daily basis.

Long story short, I get what you're saying around generalisations but it is difficult to think alternatively when you have witnessed such things with your own eyes.

Back on topic, Warburton has expressed this BS through his comments as mentioned previously on the thread but has contradicted himself as he has also made use of the loan system.

kylelauren01

What did he suggest as an alternative to Club Academy Scotland? As far as I can see it since it came to being Rangers take a very large percentage of the best young talent in Scotland and do what with that talent? They are now having their own school to rival the Celtic school, will it lead to them bringing through boys from Murray Park into the first team? Highly unlikely given they had ample chance in the past 4 years and failed miserably.

Bazzas right boot

The boy is a fud.

Made worse by the fact that the media think everything he says is gospel.

Thinks he is an oracle on everything, the guy will do his 2/3 years here then f off back down south, he has no vested interest in Scotland or Rangers yet the undead and the media treat him like a messiah.

Probably and ok guy and a good manager, but managing Rangers and the media **** fest over him has made me dislike him and I hope Hearts take them to the cleaners.

Well done that man :-) how embarrassing was that, couldn't even beat a team who never made it through the  play offs for the top table.

It was the final, were your precious darlings not motivated enough to win a trophy that mattered ?

A guy that can't outwit Stubbs in mind games will fold in the SPL.

He believes his own Rangers MSM driven hype already as well..::

Well done that man :-) how embarrassing was that, couldn't even beat a team who never made it through the  play offs for the top table.

It was the final, were your precious darlings not motivated enough to win a trophy that mattered ?

We more than played our part in H1b5 winning the Scottish Cup. We can't give Rangers all the credit.

Bazzas right boot

We more than played our part in H1b5 winning the Scottish Cup. We can't give Rangers all the credit.

They can take all the credit in this one!

Archived