U20s game tonight V CSS

carnockjambo

willie wallace

Comfortable win. Once CSS' initial enthusiasm wore off Hearts were able to dominate the game and in the end ran out easy winners as fitness started to have an effect.

Good performances from Todorov (first half), Petkov, the two central defenders and my MOTM Harry Paton who was unlucky not to score with an effort from outside the box that cannoned off the post.

The goals were well taken, but all were clear cut chances from which the guys should be scoring.

Was also impressed with Paton.What is his background FF and who was the big guy at the back with Jones.

Footballfirst

Was also impressed with Paton.What is his background FF and who was the big guy at the back with Jones.

Harry Paton was previously with Fulham but was released at the end of last season afaik. He has played at youth levels for Canada.  He is 18 and will have two years to play as an U20.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/?t=csa_roster&pid=11846

The other centre back was Kyle Smith. He is 16 and just signed a pro contract a couple of months ago.  He is certainly big and strong for his age.  He played once for Scotland in the Victory Shield (U16) last season. 

Just home, was an entertaining game and to be respectful to our opponents, they were well organised, robust and keen !

I thought Leon Jones led well as captain, Todorov got into great positions and at times final ball could be better but was decent. Agree with FF that Paton was very good, the 2 Midfield subs Currie & Buddle ( bundle on team sheet ) were lively and done okay. I don't think our GK ( Mason) had a save to make.

willie wallace

Harry Paton was previously with Fulham but was released at the end of last season afaik. He has played at youth levels for Canada. He is 18 and will have two years to play as an U20.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/?t=csa_roster&pid=11846

The other centre back was Kyle Smith. He is 16 and just signed a pro contract a couple of months ago. He is certainly big and strong for his age. He played once for Scotland in the Victory Shield (U16) last season.

Would certainly like to see more of Paton.His style of play is exactly what we need in my mind so hopefully he is one for the future.

Will they be playing at Riccarton this season.

Footballfirst

Just home, was an entertaining game and to be respectful to our opponents, they were well organised, robust and keen !

I thought Leon Jones led well as captain, Todorov got into great positions and at times final ball could be better but was decent. Agree with FF that Paton was very good, the 2 Midfield subs Currie & Buddle ( bundle on team sheet ) were lively and done okay. I don't think our GK ( Mason) had a save to make.

What age group is the other trialist, Seb Buddle?  I see that he has a background in Hong Kong ex-pat leagues.

Jambof3tornado

What age group is the other trialist, Seb Buddle? I see that he has a background in Hong Kong ex-pat leagues.

16/17 going by the you tube video.

What age group is the other trialist, Seb Buddle?  I see that he has a background in Hong Kong ex-pat leagues.

will probably be hong king then.

Mason , Vladislav, Reid, Smith & Jones . Paton , Smith , Petkov , McLean , Irving & Todorov.

Subs

Buddle ( trialist )

Currie

Wilson

No one seems to have given a clear answer on whether it was the younger todorov who was playing. And I haven't seen anything anywhere about a 2nd todorov even joining us!

Son Of Anarchy

No one seems to have given a clear answer on whether it was the younger todorov who was playing. And I haven't seen anything anywhere about a 2nd todorov even joining us!

The younger is a trailist I believe.

jamboinglasgow

It was Todorov junior playing as a trialist

cheers. Do you know what age he is? Presume he is also a striker.

WheatfieldWarrior

Did the talk of a game with Bonnyrigg Rose ever come to anything? 

That might be a game I could make

Archived