Watching Hearts games in [insert city here]

tian447

Didn't there used to be a thread specifically for this, with a map of pubs that people had used?

Every week there is a thread started that basically is just posters saying "Look at me, I'm on holiday in [random country]".

Makes me seethe when I'm stuck in an office in Dundee for the next month and a half! :lol:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
William H. Bonney

What I don't get is why, when you're on holiday abroad, you'd give a shit about football.

What I don't get is why, when you're on holiday abroad, you'd give a shit about football.

Maybe not football as such but certainly Hearts

Because Hearts are playing in Europe and if I can watch it in Santa Ponsa with a San Miguel in hand sitting in the sun that's what I'll do

Because Hearts are playing in Europe and if I can watch it in Santa Ponsa with a San Miguel in hand sitting in the sun that's what I'll do

But you won't will you?  If the option is between sitting in the sun, or finding a dindgy side street bar that has a dodgy Android box that you can get a 480p stream with Arabic commentary, what exactly are you going to choose?

On premier sports so I'll watch it in English in a decent boozer with a decent beer - don't see your gripe to be honest

Been doing mini discos every other night so sure the wife will let me go watch Hearts on Thursday night

davemclaren

So will this jaggy thistle place have the match on?

But you won't will you?  If the option is between sitting in the sun, or finding a dindgy side street bar that has a dodgy Android box that you can get a 480p stream with Arabic commentary, what exactly are you going to choose?

If the alternative is not seeing Hearts, I'd imagine any fan would tolerate any crappy stream!

Tarland Jambo

Might as well join in, I'm looking for somewhere in palma nova to watch the game, any ideas?

Tarland Jambo I'll be in Magaluf tomorrow at 12.30 at Tartan Arms on Magaluf strip if ya want a beer??was in it other day an all and they're defo showing the game on Thursday as spoke to Davie the owner

loveofthegame

But you won't will you? If the option is between sitting in the sun, or finding a dindgy side street bar that has a dodgy Android box that you can get a 480p stream with Arabic commentary, what exactly are you going to choose?

I'd take the dindgy side street bar cheers. Being on holiday is about relaxing and doing what you enjoy, for many that includes watching sport.

Dalstonjambo

But you won't will you? If the option is between sitting in the sun, or finding a dindgy side street bar that has a dodgy Android box that you can get a 480p stream with Arabic commentary, what exactly are you going to choose?

I'm due to be in Zurich, on my own after a day of stressful client presentations. Ones which i had no say in doing, and I don't particularly want to.

If i want to try and watch hearts to (hopefully) cheer me up surely the best place to ask where i can do it is on here? And yes there was a thread. I spent 20 minutes searching for it without luck before i posted.

Tarland Jambo

Tarland Jambo I'll be in Magaluf tomorrow at 12.30 at Tartan Arms on Magaluf strip if ya want a beer??was in it other day an all and they're defo showing the game on Thursday as spoke to Davie the owner

Don't arrive until wed afternoon but cheers for the heads up. Maybe catch you then.

Captain Sausage

Since this thread is around...

Anyone know anywhere in Glasgow city centre that will have the game on?

davemclaren

Jaggy Thistle is where I may go davemclaren fancy it?

Might do. Not far from here. Is it defo on there?

Couple of very strange posts to open the thread.

Why wouldn't you want to watch your team, regardless of where you were?

Weird.

Will be looking to catch the home leg in NYC......any suggestions?

As will I. First stop Malta though. :)

davemclaren

Yes someone on here posted a link to the Facebook page which said so Dave Mclaren

Ok, will look to be there then.

Unknown user

I'll be in den Bosch in Holland. Don't fancy my chances of catching the game unfortunately but would love to.

It's a shame I'm so far north or I'd invite you up to watch it

It's going to be on Premier Sports channel - you never know if you ask in sports bars and what have you :thumbsup:

Any idea what pubs in our home town of Edinburgh are showing it? So far, I've heard the Tynie Arms is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

I most definitely would forfeit two hours in the sun to watch Hearts, no question. There would be another 14 hours of sun to enjoy, anyway. 

Don't suppose any bars in Downtown Luanda will have it. Probably be too busy working anyway.

Heartsmad1874

Any idea what pubs in our home town of Edinburgh are showing it? So far, I've heard the Tynie Arms is.

If its your kind of thing The Three Sisters are showing it, think their in the Cowgate or something

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If its your kind of thing The Three Sisters are showing it, think their in the Cowgate or something

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Unknown user

Cheers chief. Den Bosch really isn't a sports bar type of place and my father in law's a bit, er, careful with his money shall we say so he's not going to have pay channels!

Where are you based out of interest?

I'll PM you, I'd rather not be too specific in open forum ;)

Will be looking to catch the home leg in NYC......any suggestions?

Please post if you find somewhere in Manhattan, 2 more looking to watch it.

Tian447 sounds a bit of a welt with his post still not understanding why a Hearts fan would want to watch the team when abroad - possibly a Hobo!

Since this thread is around...

Anyone know anywhere in Glasgow city centre that will have the game on?

I'd also be interested to hear of any pubs in Glasgow that will be showing it.

The Polwarth will be.

Tian447 sounds a bit of a welt with his post still not understanding why a Hearts fan would want to watch the team when abroad - possibly a Hobo!

:rofl:

Aye mate.  That's me, Season Ticket holder at Easter Road, and I'm currently growing a moustache to emulate my idol Rod Petrie.

:muggy:

My issue is, I thought there was a "Pub Tracker" thread or something - a thread for this information to be shared!

I just feel like it's a bit "Look at me, I'm on holiday" with all the threads that pop up.  No-one ever asks for pubs showing the games in Rotherham, it's always somewhere sunny.

Not so exotic, am looking for somewhere in London. Know London Hearts usually meet around Paddington, but not heard anything.

Happened across this site supposedly listing bars showing the game. No idea how reliable it is though.

http://m.matchpint.co.uk/bars-map-showing-birkirkara-vs-hearts-238262&where=

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Unknown user

My issue is, I thought there was a "Pub Tracker" thread or something - a thread for this information to be shared!

I just feel like it's a bit "Look at me, I'm on holiday" with all the threads that pop up. No-one ever asks for pubs showing the games in Rotherham, it's always somewhere sunny.

Miserable sod! :laugh:

People get excited about their holidays and want everyone to know, nowt wrong with that.

Sounds like you need a holiday!

Miserable sod! :laugh:

People get excited about their holidays and want everyone to know, nowt wrong with that.

Sounds like you need a holiday!

:sob:

I desperately do!

TyphoonJambo

If its being transmitted on Premier, why isnt it on hearts TV?

KilbrideJambo

Anyone in Paris on Thursday night?  Although I imagine finding somewhere to see it will be tough.

Anyone in Paris on Thursday night?  Although I imagine finding somewhere to see it will be tough.

There's a few Scottish bars in the city. They used to be OK about getting Scottish games on if they can.

2nd leg in Maspalomas, any suggestions?

There is an old furniture shop in town. They'll saw one off for you.

Archived