OCD and OCDish traits

chimpos

Was just wondering if anyone suffered from any little irrational fears or phobias, where you might do stuff or not do stuff for reasons that are totally irrational but you still keep it up.

i'll start with a couple of my own (i have loads).

1) I can't and won't stand on drains, manhole covers, or any metal object embedded in the pavement or road.

2) I can't and won't press the little button at a pedestrian crossing.

3) I will not run in public (like trying to catch a bus etc)

that's just 3 for starters, hope i am not the only mental case on here, would be interesting to hear from others on this.:confused:

Was just wondering if anyone suffered from any little irrational fears or phobias, where you might do stuff or not do stuff for reasons that are totally irrational but you still keep it up.

i'll start with a couple of my own (i have loads).

1) I can't and won't stand on drains, manhole covers, or any metal object embedded in the pavement or road.

2) I can't and won't press the little button at a pedestrian crossing.

3) I will not run in public (like trying to catch a bus etc)

that's just 3 for starters, hope i am not the only mental case on here, would be interesting to hear from others on this.:confused:

ive got ocd and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. so has my twin brother. it affects me in a variety of ways, mainly with obsessing with possessions, money, clothes etc. its also murder for my wife cos i get extremely paranoid about her, to the point of insanity. not pleasant at all.

chester copperpot
ive got ocd and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. so has my twin brother. it affects me in a variety of ways, mainly with obsessing with possessions, money, clothes etc. its also murder for my wife cos i get extremely paranoid about her, to the point of insanity. not pleasant at all.

I wanted to make a joke about it, however with your post mate, better not, as its pretty horrible at times for people suffering from it.

I wanted to make a joke about it, however with your post mate, better not, as its pretty horrible at times for people suffering from it.

dont mind people joking about it mate, if i dont laugh i will cry! its a crap thi ng to be honest, some of the things i come up with in my head are out there and distressing, but these are the cards ive been dealt. plenty people worse off than me i reckon

i know what your saying mate, i used to live with my girlfriend who had it a lot worse than me, it was total hell. needless to say we are no more.

also think joking about it is fine, it takes away some of the anxiety and frustration.

still would like to hear what others do and how it affects them

I think of this film when I think of OCD.

watch?v=4bSOc2fUUeg

Haven't seen the movie as i can't tolerate going into the pictures and sitting on the seats....na only joking;)

Rick Grimes

does chronic masturbation count?

(he typed with one hand)

(he typed with one hand)

depends on what hand you felt you had to type with? also i much prefer acute masturbation, it saves on the friction burns

Griclesfield

everything i touch i have to clean lkslkxl;'zc'jd'klnlz'nv'lkzn'lkvn'zklnv'zklndg'skend***ldnc - ( sorry for just wiping the keyboard after using it )

Rick Grimes
depends on what hand you felt you had to type with? also i much prefer acute masturbation, it saves on the friction burns

ooh, whats that?

ooh, whats that?

its a bit like premature ejaculation but your on your own so no need to worry about it:embarassed:

Rick Grimes
its a bit like premature ejaculation but your on your own so no need to worry about it:embarassed:

if you're on your own its probably no premature :laugh:

Marmeladent?rtchen

Cant sleep without brushing my teeth, and always wash my hands after toliet or before eating.

all very good but this was meant to be a thread about OCD and i would still like to hear some other stuff from fellow OCD 'sufferers' unless posting on threads about OCD is one of those things that is a non starter?

Never touch pub bogs doors or taps with my hands (use my sleeves or my foot etc). Weird I know.

Never leave washing up till the next day.

A few years ago I used to have to do things in even numbers. I would check the front door was locked or lights or plugs were switched off 4 times each. If I accidentally did something 5 times I would have to do it until I reached 8 etc. It used to drive me bonkers but I just couldn't stop doing it. I thought if I didn't something bad would happen, like Hearts lose. I don't know why it started or why it finished, although I sort of think my first marriage had something to do with it. Pity I stayed married for 15 years!!!

Never touch pub bogs doors or taps with my hands (use my sleeves or my foot etc). Weird I know.

Never leave washing up till the next day.

similar but i only have to deal with the inside of the pub toilet door. the taps i deal with by turning them on with my left hand(in sleave) and then cleaning them with water before turning them off.

A few years ago I used to have to do things in even numbers. I would check the front door was locked or lights or plugs were switched off 4 times each. If I accidentally did something 5 times I would have to do it until I reached 8 etc. It used to drive me bonkers but I just couldn't stop doing it. I thought if I didn't something bad would happen, like Hearts lose. I don't know why it started or why it finished, although I sort of think my first marriage had something to do with it. Pity I stayed married for 15 years!!!

15 years must have been a well scary number? numbers is a big OCD thing and most often comes in 4's.

chester copperpot
Cant sleep without brushing my teeth, and always wash my hands after toliet or before eating.

Surely thats just not being a mink.

IMO of course, I take those things as a must.

Actually come to think of it I got married in 81 and divorced in 97 so it was 16 years. I wonder if subconsciously thats why I left then. I almost left in 89 which makes it even more spooky. I'd never really thought of that before.

On a brighter note it also explains why I never stopped drinking after 5,9 or 13 pints

hughesie27

I used to have the 4 thing. Mainly though It would be something in my mind that when I stopped doing something or thinking about something I had to say 'now' in my head 4 times. Wierd.

Alsoabout 4 years ago I got really bad with thinking germs were everywhere and alswyas thought the worst would happen. Somehow if I stood on something on the pavement..took my shoes of with my hands...touched the door handle with my hand and then say a wall, the germs would transfer to each of the surfaces!!!

Went to the Doc and got some pills that somehow cured me. Still get tiny obsessive stuff but nothing that I can't deal with in my head.

I think most of my family has it. One of my brothers can't sleep if there is ANY light in the room, even the video players time or something along those lines.

I also hate open doors.

I just discovered a new one. It's bumping any OCD thread up a notch.

Also on a separate note just noticed that my fridge has only 3 beers left in it, so can't drink any of them until i go out and buy at the very least 5 more, multiple of 4 and all that. see you in 10 min as my local will sell them at shop price, i love geordieland.

I also hate open doors.

That is a biggy, i can't even read that and feel comfortable. For me even entering a door that is over 45degrees open is a no no, but only in my own house. At work i close every door i pass and i get real stick for it, i have to use the excuse that i am fire warden which works quite well to be honest, the only reason i took the roll on:confused:

I used to spell words as I read them when I was younger. Or even if i passed a word on the street like see Vauxhall on a car my mind would go

Vauxhall - V a u x h a l l

Used to get quite nippy at times, stopped now though.

I used to spell words as I read them when I was younger. Or even if i passed a word on the street like see Vauxhall on a car my mind would go

Vauxhall - V a u x h a l l

Used to get quite nippy at times, stopped now though.

Interested to know what stopped you? was it just time? i do the same thing with destinations on the front of buses??? **** i just realised my mates might come over from the terrace and see this and wonder why i never mentioned it???????????????????? anyhoo i'm coming out tonight.

Interested to know what stopped you? was it just time? i do the same thing with destinations on the front of buses??? **** i just realised my mates might come over from the terrace and see this and wonder why i never mentioned it???????????????????? anyhoo i'm coming out tonight.

We're mental

We're barmy

We're off our feckin heids

:):):):)

I P Knightley

(he typed with one hand)

When it comes to the JKB 2008 awards, this post has to be high up in the "Ice-breakers" category.

Marvellous timing!!

We're mental

We're barmy

We're off our feckin heids

:):):):)

I'm singing it out loud as i type. But seriously..........na i don't have a but seriously

4th best post of the night:)

Just stopped, I was a really good speller at school, but my teacher got me private spelling lessons once a week. I think its because I was left handed and she couldnt read my handwriting properly. I think it was anxiety from this to be honest.

Archived