Tonights boxing - East vs West

Carl Weathers

Chester™

Looking forward to this one. Appleby's power and speed will be good to watch against the more experienced Simpson. Im hoping this isnt too soon for the young Appleby but i'll be rooting for him all the way. Its interesting to note that he is currently the bookies favourite which I was surprised at considering his inexperience.

Rawrrrrrrr

Bookies are probably right

Just cant see where Simpson will win, yes paul is inexperienced but he is technically a better boxer, and despite the fact he hasnt gone the distance before I dont think it would be much hassle to him fitness wise if he did

His only downfall is that he can lose his disclipline if he takes a few shots and this may just about give simpson a chance

Can't see it though, would imagine he will win but probably could have done with a few more fights first to make the next step up a bit easier

Chester™

Good fight! Appleby fully deserved the win but I think he was further ahead than what the judges had it. Simpson didnt offer too much IMO but I was worried about Appleby's defence at times and it will need to improve as he goes along.

Delighted the lad has won though!

Rawrrrrrrr

In all honesty think the judges scored it about right, Simpson definitly got a few good shots in the early rounds although paul found his ground and once he did simpson looked completely out of it.

Think paul needs to get a few good distant fights in now to help his growth towards the next level

It was clear tonight was a completely different level to what he has fought so far and he did well to come out of it.

Oh and why is it most of the attendees at boxing fights look like they are on day release;)

Archived