Virgin Media

Jambojohnnyboy

Jambojohnnyboy

Our Virgin Media bill seems to have rocketed, so have had a look at SKY online.It would appear that I could get 6 mixes, plus movies with Broadband and talktime for 37 quid a month plus a one off installation fee. Thing is I'm strapped for time to get it in right now so I'm curious has anyone gotten virgin to knock their price down considerably recently?

BoJack Horseman

Remember that the ?37 doesnt include line rental. Unless you took skys line rental?

Depending on how long you've been with virgin, im sure if you phone up and mention that you want to leave they'll be more than happy to find you a better deal.

How long have you had Virgin and what package price are you on?

If you take alook at there website they have majorly reduced prices recentley but its for new customers only.

I phoned up and complained about this. They knocked pounds of my bill, still wasnt happy with this and said i was leaving. They then through in a free wireless router ;)

Thing with Sky is, they require a BT phone line.

You might have to pay loads for a new phone line to be installed or about ?50 for them to re-connect an old line.

Also with Sky they have to go through the BT phone line so there speads are consideribly slower than Virgin.

Remember that the ?37 doesnt include line rental. Unless you took skys line rental?

Depending on how long you've been with virgin, im sure if you phone up and mention that you want to leave they'll be more than happy to find you a better deal.

I don't think sky do line rental as they state you must have a bt line, unless it has changed recently. So all in it would really be ?48 a month.

I noticed yesterday that my last two Virgin bills had gone up by ?9. Phoned them to make my feelings known and was told that a six-month promotion on my TV package had expired. As soon as I told them I was off to the opposition they reduced the monthly charge for my services by ?20 and agreed to credit the overcharge. It's worth a phone-call - they must be so petrified of losing customers to Sky that they cave in almost immediately.

skacel is barry

I noticed that on this month's bill my "lifetime" Loyalty discount had reduced from ?16.50to ?13.50. I got the loyalty discount thing about a year ago when I threatened to leave after Virgin dropped sKY one and others. The call centre person said this was due to recent price increases. I said this was unnaceptable and they put me through to Customer Services who not only increased this discount to ?22.50 but also backdated this about 6 months to when I increased to the top TV package. Amazing really

I don't think sky do line rental as they state you must have a bt line, unless it has changed recently. So all in it would really be ?48 a month.

they do now. started in april. ?10 a month. beats giving the bandits at bt money

Better call Saul

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS

WHERE IS MA FREE UPGRADE , GOT THE EMAIL BACK IN FEB STILL GOT NOWT

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS

WHERE IS MA FREE UPGRADE , GOT THE EMAIL BACK IN FEB STILL GOT NOWT

The free upgrade was a way to keep existing customers happy.

For example i was paying 27 a month for 4MB broadband.

They said they were gonna upgrade this to 10MB for free.

But if you were a new customer you could get 20MB broadband for ?20.

The above aint the exact prices but you get where i am coming from.

New customers are getting double the speed for less the money we are paying.

Everyone should phone up and say they are leaving, Virgin will soon reduce your price.

S

Archived