WildManWood Pizza

the general

Say What Again

I've not been been, but a mate has. He's not one to particularly moan about places and he said he didn't think it was anything special. He said there was hardly any mozzarella on his pizza, it was mostly tomato sauce.

I've no idea if that's the more traditional Italian way of making pizza, but he's in no rush to go back.

The EEN's resident foodie Gabby Souttar was raving about it so going by everything else she has ever written it will undoubtedly be hipstery and all style over substance! 

KineticBeat

I've not been been, but a mate has. He's not one to particularly moan about places and he said he didn't think it was anything special. He said there was hardly any mozzarella on his pizza, it was mostly tomato sauce.

I've no idea if that's the more traditional Italian way of making pizza, but he's in no rush to go back.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186525-d10325843-Reviews-WildManWood_Pizza-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

Looking at the pictures on their Tripadvisor page I'd be raging if I had that little mozzarella on a pizza

I've no idea if that's the more traditional Italian way of making pizza.

It is.

Mr Brightside

It is.

I would disagree, although Italian pizzas have less topping than those in the uk, there is hardly any cheese on they pizzas. There are some places in Naples that have no cheese pizzas(pizza marinara) but not sure what this place is trying to do.

hmfc_liam06

I've been to Italy numerous time and never once been served a pizza like that.

the owner seems to be the critics darling so might be biased reviews

It's the guy who owns The Outsider, The Apartment and Ting Thai Caravan. We renovated a couple of his restaurants and it always seemed to me like the food comes second to the restaurant design.

Having said that, I've been for lunch at Wildmanwood and it was really nice and reasonably priced too.

Looking at the photos and the reviews, I can only think all the reviews came from friends of the owners as the pizzas don't look like the biggest and best in Edinburgh to me

I'd be raging if I was served something with that amount of cheese on it. It'd be getting taken back and cheese added to it until it was an affront to the cheese Gods themselves.

Also, Man Wood? :oohmatron:

I often make my own pizza, I don't put a lot of cheese on it either. Few blobs of mozzarella like those pictures.

Archived