Ninja Gaiden 2

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

This game is fecking brilliant.Alot like the first one and Sigma on the PS3 but alot faster.Not quite as difficult as Ninja Gaiden 1 was(well so far anywhere).Anyway anyone thinking of getting it really should get it.No xbox live features except for rankings though so that's dissapointing for the multi player junkies on this forum.

I really liked the demo, apart from the fiddly camera.

I think I will pick it up when the price drops, as I still have Devil May Cry 4 which I'm only half way through, and they are pretty similar games.

Never played the first game and didn't like the demo. It would just become boring following a path and mashing the buttons.

vegas-voss
I really liked the demo, apart from the fiddly camera.

I think I will pick it up when the price drops, as I still have Devil May Cry 4 which I'm only half way through, and they are pretty similar games.

I have DM4 aswell and this ****es all over it.DMC4 seemed great at first but i had not played it for ages then started the other day just to get me in the mood for NG2 but Devil May Cry just can't compete with.

vegas-voss
Never played the first game and didn't like the demo. It would just become boring following a path and mashing the buttons.

You don't get very far if you just mash the buttons.Oh and what do you do on the FPS games your into like GEARS you just follow the path and shoot the same things everytime.But hey each to there own i like Ninja Gaiden games because it is simply an old school type game with high end graphics.

ps im not hating on Gears or FPS games i like them. it's just they are all really the same.

The first one was my favourite XBox game.

Really looking forward to trying this, looks like a lot of fun.

Hope they fixed the feckin camera tho!

vegas-voss
The first one was my favourite XBox game.

Really looking forward to trying this, looks like a lot of fun.

Hope they fixed the feckin camera tho!

Camera is still pretty much the same Rab but you can fix if by pressing LB.

You'll love it if you like the first it's like an old friend i got into it straight away.There are much more enemies to deal with on screen at one time now and the new weapons are great im really liking the staff.

Ninja Gaiden was my favourite game on Xbox and this does not dissapoint.

You don't get very far if you just mash the buttons.Oh and what do you do on the FPS games your into like GEARS you just follow the path and shoot the same things everytime.But hey each to there own i like Ninja Gaiden games because it is simply an old school type game with high end graphics.

ps im not hating on Gears or FPS games i like them. it's just they are all really the same.

True, but I don't mash the buttons on any FPS. I've never played any Ninja Gaiden before the demo but the button mashing worked for me. The next big game for me that I can think of is Star Wars Unleashed.

vegas-voss
True, but I don't mash the buttons on any FPS. I've never played any Ninja Gaiden before the demo but the button mashing worked for me. The next big game for me that I can think of is Star Wars Unleashed.

Yeah it will work for you for so long but the game is really about defence and then knowing when to counter.As i say though if it's not your type of game then it's obviously not going to be any good for you.I really hate fighers like Tekken and Virtua Fighter because i do just button mash because i can never work out the combos.

As for the Force Unleashed 9 can't wait for it not out until September though.Even better news Knights of the old Republic 3 is in development,don't know if you ever played the original but it was the best Star Wars game ever.Basically Mass Effect in the Star Wars universe.

One last thing GTA IV DLC is not coming out until next year now.

jack D and coke

Apparently MS claiming it's still on for an Autumn release. GTA 4 DLC that is.

Anybody played the Battlefield Bad Company Demo yet? I've downloaded it but not played it yet.

vegas-voss
Apparently MS claiming it's still on for an Autumn release. GTA 4 DLC that is.

Anybody played the Battlefield Bad Company Demo yet? I've downloaded it but not played it yet.

Yeah downloaded that and Ku Fu Panda not expecting much from Kung Fu Panda.Also downloaded Civilisation but there was a bit to much going on in that for me.Will give Battlefield a shot the morn.

When is BIA Hells Highway out it seems to have been delayed for about a year.

jack D and coke
Yeah downloaded that and Ku Fu Panda not expecting much from Kung Fu Panda.Also downloaded Civilisation but there was a bit to much going on in that for me.Will give Battlefield a shot the morn.

When is BIA Hells Highway out it seems to have been delayed for about a year.

Sure i seen somewhere it's round about september. Not excited by it at all though. Everybody wants to drop the WW2 malark if you ask me.

Yeah it will work for you for so long but the game is really about defence and then knowing when to counter.As i say though if it's not your type of game then it's obviously not going to be any good for you.I really hate fighers like Tekken and Virtua Fighter because i do just button mash because i can never work out the combos.

As for the Force Unleashed 9 can't wait for it not out until September though.Even better news Knights of the old Republic 3 is in development,don't know if you ever played the original but it was the best Star Wars game ever.Basically Mass Effect in the Star Wars universe.

One last thing GTA IV DLC is not coming out until next year now.

Since Mass Effect is one of my favourite games I'll need to give that a look. Obviously the graphics won't be as good it's not all about graphics. I'm in the process of downloading Civilisation and Battlefield, hopefully they are good.

Since Mass Effect is one of my favourite games I'll need to give that a look. Obviously the graphics won't be as good it's not all about graphics. I'm in the process of downloading Civilisation and Battlefield, hopefully they are good.

The first KOTOR was an absolutely superb game; like brashy says, a lot like Mass Effect. The second one wasn't great, but it wasn't a BioWare game, and they're back for the third one.

Civilisation has been a PC mainstay for over a decade, not sure how it'll trnslate to a console tho.

Commander Harris

ninja gaiden was one of my favourite games on the original x-box. Brilliant game play, a decent challenge for a change and spectacular graphics.

I can't speak about NG2 as I haven't played it but if it's anything like the original game, particularly the updated versions, you can't get by for long with just mashing the buttons. perhaps in the very early stages(like the first level, just about!) against ****e enemies but certainly won't get very far like that.

fave game for x-box was panzer dragoon orta - if you haven't played that you should try and check it out, old school gameplay at its best. :)

Loved the Civ Rev demo, I'll defo pick it up next week, ?29.99 on amazon.

Just nice to have a game once in a while that you can relax and play. No shooting involved lol.

Brilliant game play, a decent challenge for a change

That's exactly what made it so good. It was hard. ****ing hard. Normal on Ninja Gaiden is the equivalent of "I'm going to **** you in the ass" on most games.

But somehow, it wasn't frustrating. It was good, even when you were getting battered stupid. You'd be dying to go back and try again, over, and over, and over even tho you kept dying at the same point.

fave game for x-box was panzer dragoon orta - if you haven't played that you should try and check it out, old school gameplay at its best. :)

Yeah, definitely a great game, and totally overlooked.

The first KOTOR was an absolutely superb game; like brashy says, a lot like Mass Effect. The second one wasn't great, but it wasn't a BioWare game, and they're back for the third one.

Civilisation has been a PC mainstay for over a decade, not sure how it'll trnslate to a console tho.

Egypt, or sim city since way back in my Amiga days.

Loved the Civ Rev demo, I'll defo pick it up next week, ?29.99 on amazon.

Just nice to have a game once in a while that you can relax and play. No shooting involved lol.

What a terrible game. I had to turn it off half way through the walk through because of that goofy ******* scientist.

vegas-voss
What a terrible game. I had to turn it off half way through the walk through because of that goofy ******* scientist.

Done my nut in too.It was the fact you could only move your troops one space at a time.I'll wait for Red Alert 3 or Halo Wars.

Commander Harris
That's exactly what made it so good. It was hard. ****ing hard. Normal on Ninja Gaiden is the equivalent of "I'm going to **** you in the ass" on most games.

But somehow, it wasn't frustrating. It was good, even when you were getting battered stupid. You'd be dying to go back and try again, over, and over, and over even tho you kept dying at the same point.

Yeah, definitely a great game, and totally overlooked.

exactly, it was tough(at first ;)) but instead of making you want to chuck it because it was annoying it made you want to play it over and over til you mastered it - which I did. smugsmiley.gif

It's really replayable too, I must have chalked up over 500hours on it.

vegas-voss
exactly, it was tough(at first ;)) but instead of making you want to chuck it because it was annoying it made you want to play it over and over til you mastered it - which I did. smugsmiley.gif

It's really replayable too, I must have chalked up over 500hours on it.

The game is awsome im only just on level 2 but already it's getting a bit harder.Where on the first game you would maybe need to fight 5 or 6 Ninjas at one time im already having to fight about 15 to 20 at a time and while doing that there are archers futher back hitting you with exploding arrows then after you kill those Ninjas abot another 15 come at you.The game is none stop it is just frantic pace all the time.The first boss was really easy though but as i say it's getting harder all the time.

Archived