Gardening

tedp6873

OK Guys and Girls, now the sun has shown his face for the first time this summer what is the worst job to do in the garden, mines has to be cutting the hedge, my hedge is over 6 ft tall and about 30 feet in length cut it today and what a job it was.

discuss

eddie fenwick
OK Guys and Girls, now the sun has shown his face for the first time this summer what is the worst job to do in the garden, mines has to be cutting the hedge, my hedge is over 6 ft tall and about 30 feet in length cut it today and what a job it was.

discuss

get chelle to do it,why do you think you got married:confused:

discuss

Thats Johns job, I don't need to worry ;)

vegas-voss

discuss

Quite simply the lot.My grass was about a foot and a half high and took me an hour and a half to do the back garden on Saturday so as soon as the sun came yesterday it was cut again and will be every week from now on.So if it's sunny on monday it will be getting done again im taking no chances.

Weeding is the worst though my front garden is a nightmare so it's getting chipped this year as soon as i get the dough.

Doctor FinnBarr

All plant life is evil and must be destroyed, apart from the useful ones i.e. Hops, Barley etc. I,m going to strim the lot down to the ground tomorrow! The rose bush is the most evil, it keeps capturing daughter by entangling her hair with its evil thorny tentacles, I keep cutting it right down to the ground but it keeps coming back for more. How much of a hint do the damn things need? Mono-block rule!

:sterb032::sterb003::clubbed::Bazooka:

get chelle to do it,why do you think you got married:confused:

aye right then just like your mrs will do it nope the gardening i dont mind just the hedge fecking hate it

UnworthyPapaLazaru

If the sun is shining Im happy to do any gardening as it usually involves a cold bottle of beer, something to smoke and a portable radio.

If its not sunny, its not getting done.

I P Knightley
All plant life is evil and must be destroyed, apart from the useful ones i.e. Hops, Barley etc. I,m going to strim the lot down to the ground tomorrow! The rose bush is the most evil, it keeps capturing daughter by entangling her hair with its evil thorny tentacles, I keep cutting it right down to the ground but it keeps coming back for more. How much of a hint do the damn things need? Mono-block rule!

:sterb032::sterb003::clubbed::Bazooka:

Agreed on the evilitude of roses.

Folk that had the house before us seemed to have loved them and topped that by letting the house out for a few years to people who clearly didn't see the need to maintain the garden. I felt like a handsome prince trying to cut my way through to the sleeping beauty's castle.

In the end, the only way to defeat the b*****ds was to dig the roots out. No job for a handsome prince.

Stuart Lyon

Gardening done by contract (its a communal garden) but I used to hate cutting our hedge at the last flat. It too was about 30ft long and 6ft high. I used to hate it when some stranger passing by while I was cutting it would say "Aye your making a grand job of that"! It was all I could do to keep cool and not turn on them with the hedge cutter.

discuss

I pay for a gardener to come in and do the necessary. Two visits per month in summer/autumn, one vist per month in winter/autumn. ?50 per visit. Job done. :)

eddie fenwick
aye right then just like your mrs will do it nope the gardening i dont mind just the hedge fecking hate it

she does the front mate,ive just put down another 30m2 of decking and waiting for fake grass then as if by magic no gardening for me:)

chester copperpot

Get a guy to come oot and cut my grass and hedge, costs me 20 notes every 2 weeks. Job's a good 'un, plus I cant cut the grass etc due to my hayfever. ;)

Do what I did, Rip the hedge out and get a fence built, then you only have to Stain it every 5 years.

Do what I did, Rip the hedge out and get a fence built, then you only have to Stain it every 5 years.

6ft high 30 ft long no thanks it will be one heck off a job getting that one out. just put up with cutting it once a year.

If the sun is shining Im happy to do any gardening as it usually involves a cold bottle of beer, something to smoke and a portable radio.

If its not sunny, its not getting done.

Correct. Once it's done, the satisfaction of sitting back and looking over an immaculate lawn (stripes optional) knowing that you've done a good job-- well is there any better feeling? Em yes but.........;) Personally prefer the garden in winter because there's a hell of a lot less to do.

the satisfaction of sitting back and looking over an immaculate lawn (stripes optional) knowing that you've done a good job-- well is there any better feeling?

Yes. Looking at it after someone has cut it on your behalf. :)

scott herbertson

150ft garden at the back, many trees, 8 raised beds of vegetables, borders, two big lawns.

I quite enjoy it normally but it's been rainign for two weeks and outside looks like a scene from apocalypse now....

150ft garden at the back, many trees, 8 raised beds of vegetables, borders, two big lawns.

I quite enjoy it normally but it's been rainign for two weeks and outside looks like a scene from apocalypse now....

Ever thought of contacting Blue Circle for a few loads of cement?

discuss

cutting it is a piece of p!ss, its when you turn round and see the 100 feet trail of, 1 foot high trimmings that you need to lift and put in the 4 foot garden recycle bin, thats a pain in the :movethatass:

Put in some Roses the other day. Thought I had broken my back...:wacko: So I will say digging holes

chester copperpot
cutting it is a piece of p!ss, its when you turn round and see the 100 feet trail of, 1 foot high trimmings that you need to lift and put in the 4 foot garden recycle bin, thats a pain in the :movethatass:

How would you know, you stay in a longboat in leith. (Rented). ;)

The Old Tolbooth

I think I'm gonna buy that special stuff for my grass.......

Weedkiller!

Archived