***EURO 2016 - Spain v Turkey***

Cade

Final game of the day.

Spain could and should have scored a fistful of goals against the Czechs last time out. That game told us nothing about Spain's chances for the tournament. They'll qualify for the next round with a win tonight. 

Turkey struggled against Croatia last time out and could have lost by far more than the one goal that was scored.

Solid Spain win on the cards.

John Findlay

On paper yes. Can see the Turks being physical here and a red card wouldn't surprise me for either team. 2-0 Spain.

KineticBeat

A boring 1-0 spain where they have 90% possession and complete 3000 passes with 99% accuracy 

chuck berrys hairline

Seen a stat that the Spanish are unbeaten in the Euros dating back to Portugal 04

You know the Turks may well get well gubbed in this game ... but how nice is it to see players running with the ball at their feet and really trying to make the game entertaining. Howqever I expect Spain to do what the do best and pass the opposition into submission :)

What impresses me about Spain is their tempo

hard working as ever and urgent in everything

not getting bogged down / moving it

All roads lead to Gorgie

I thought we were the only team to take a corner and end up with the ball on half way !

gashauskis9

What impresses me about Spain is their tempo

hard working as ever and urgent in everything

not getting bogged down / moving it

Germany, Belgium and Portugal are trying to play the same style at half the pace and it doesn't work, teams just park the bus.

To be fair to Spain the have been a lot less boring than usual but Turkey have to take a look at their defending for the second goal that was like something from the local park .

Turkey need to regroup at HT or this could be the first rout of the finals.

What a great goal, tremendous series of passing on the build up and a fantastic finishing sequence.

Every Spanish outfield player touched the ball in the build up to Spains third goal...  just fantastic team work

Great finishes always seem to win goal of the tournament but a team goal like that is football at it's best.

Luscious Laryea

What's with the booing of that Turkish player?

He allegedly battered his wife - been all over the news in Turkey

Every Spanish outfield player touched the ball in the build up to Spains third goal...  just fantastic team work

Great finishes always seem to win goal of the tournament but a team goal like that is football at it's best.

Couldn't agree more, it deserves to be among the contenders at least.  

John Findlay

The Spanish looked as if they were in the mood tonight. Their last group game against Croatia could be a tasty affair.

Cruyff Turn

The 3 teams that impressed me the most after the first round of games were Germany, who were fantastic against Ukraine, Croatia who played extremely well against Turkey and Spain who dominated the Czechs.

After the second round of matches though it's Spain who are getting into a rhythm and dominating sides.

I thought Germany were really disappointing against Poland and Croatia let a two goal lead slip after dominating the first half against the Czechs.

Spain were excellent tonight, best i've seen them play since the last Euro's. Only problem I see with Spain is that they don't have a goal machine upfront.

Special mention for Iniesta though, he was magnificent against the Czechs and again tonight gave the world a masterclass in how the boss a game. Such a great player, his assist for Morata's 2nd, the vision to see Alba ghosting in behind Turkeys defence, the technique to play the ball onto Alba's left foot and the weight of the pass was just sublime. Would be in any of my greatest XI's and so far for me, player of the tournament.

gashauskis9

The 3 teams that impressed me the most after the first round of games were Germany, who were fantastic against Ukraine, Croatia who played extremely well against Turkey and Spain who dominated the Czechs.

After the second round of matches though it's Spain who are getting into a rhythm and dominating sides.

I thought Germany were really disappointing against Poland and Croatia let a two goal lead slip after dominating the first half against the Czechs.

Spain were excellent tonight, best i've seen them play since the last Euro's. Only problem I see with Spain is that they don't have a goal machine upfront.

Special mention for Iniesta though, he was magnificent against the Czechs and again tonight gave the world a masterclass in how the boss a game. Such a great player, his assist for Morata's 2nd, the vision to see Alba ghosting in behind Turkeys defence, the technique to play the ball onto Alba's left foot and the weight of the pass was just sublime. Would be in any of my greatest XI's and so far for me, player of the tournament.

I agree with most of this, however I would say that Morata has the potential to be that goal machine.

Sure it was burak yilmaz.

you are right, the commentators said it and hinted at the morals of the non british teams by saying if either he or de gea who has certain allegations against him just now were english, welsh, irish or northern irish they would not be in the squad

Archived