UEFA Warn England and Russia they face Disqualification from Euro 2016

milky_26

UEFA have warned both england and russia if there are any more trouble from their fans they may be disqualified (it might be will be)

It flashed up as breaking news on bbc website

SwindonJambo

Harsh punishment like this should surely force the Russians, at least, to take action. The match attending England fans are generally fine. Their problem, in the main, Is ticketless yobs who follow them to tournaments at close proximity that are cheap and easy to get to and watch in the fan zones, get pissed up and both initiate bother and react to provocation. Not sure how you stop that.

SwindonJambo

I doubt that they'll go through with it.

You're probably right unfortunately. Too shit scared of Mr Putin.

Can you imagine England getting disqualified it will never happen it will just increase the brexit cause further

I don't think there will be any trouble inside the grounds like last night.....for that reason, I don't think there will be any expulsions.

There will be bother for sure around the fixtures but nothing like last night.

SwindonJambo

Can you imagine England getting disqualified it will never happen it will just increase the brexit cause further

Good point. And probably by enough to cause a decisive swing in the vote.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

BBC pathetically burying head in sand in build up to Northern Ireland match.

No responsibility whatsoever

They next play in Lens and Lille, they are only 40km apart.

the england fans have been told to only go to lens if they have a ticket and to only go to the fanzones

Jambo-Jimbo

They next play in Lens and Lille, they are only 40km apart.

the england fans have been told to only go to lens if they have a ticket and to only go to the fanzones

The news this morning was saying that the vast majority of English, Welsh & Russian fans are staying in Lille, as Lens didn't have the hotel space to accommodate them all.

If that's true then the English & Russians staying in the same place, not going to be pretty.

Unknown user

I'm not sure what you're getting at, what do UEFA care if Britain leaves the eu?

Carl Spackler

I feel sorry for the decent England fans there. I reckon they will be the vast vast majority and the issue they will have is a handful of mouthpieces and reputation preceding them. Yes there will be a few real bams but not the sort who will actually kick off in a ground, more likely just a few pavement dancers. Look at the arrest figures on Friday night, they were pitiful compared to the perceived amount of bother.

But chuck in French Yoof willing to have a go and properly mental Russian element really mixing it and they are in a bad place.

Indiscriminate policing from the French will not be helping but you have to be fair to them, they have far more on their plate at the moment.

From the outside looking in I'd being chucking the Russians out right now but like a poor ref dealing with a really dodgy tackle and a minor retaliation UEFA have s**t it and simply shown a yellow card to both teams.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, what do UEFA care if Britain leaves the eu?

Its how it would be viewed by the English press and a dream move for the exit camp it will never happen

PumpkinJambo

BBC pathetically burying head in sand in build up to Northern Ireland match.

No responsibility whatsoever

Spoke about it at length on 5Live.

Unknown user

Its how it would be viewed by the English press and a dream move for the exit camp it will never happen

I understand how it would be viewed but how does that mean it will never happen?

Uefa are the people who decide if England get thrown out - what makes you think they care about the repercussions that would have politically in the UK? What do they care about the UK's relationship with the EU? I don't get it, what am I missing?

I understand how it would be viewed but how does that mean it will never happen?

Uefa are the people who decide if England get thrown out - what makes you think they care about the repercussions that would have politically in the UK? What do they care about the UK's relationship with the EU? I don't get it, what am I missing?

A tinfoil hat.

Guest Paul Allen

How the [Mod Edit] did the Russian fans manage to get a flare into the ground when there's supposed to be strict security checks?!

How the [Mod Edit] did the Russian fans manage to get a flare into the ground when there's supposed to be strict security checks?!

A flare gun going by reports....!

Scary.

Unknown user

There's tens of thousands of people, it's just not possible to completely check everyone. All it takes is one guy with a hollow false leg or something!

luckyBatistuta

There's tens of thousands of people, it's just not possible to completely check everyone. All it takes is one guy with a hollow false leg or something!

How many mates you got with a hollow false leg :rofl:

Not taking the P out of you btw, just gave me a chuckle.

Yeah i always go to the games with good old peg leg Bob, he usually fills his leg up with rum.

Brilliant !!

I don't get it, what am I missing?

Its easy political gain for the Brexit camp. Put the media machine into SPIN and off you go. Most dont pay attention to actual facts when they are dribbling messes with seethe.

Unknown user

Its easy political gain for the Brexit camp. Put the media machine into SPIN and off you go. Most dont pay attention to actual facts when they are dribbling messes with seethe.

I totally get that, I just don't get why he thinks UEFA would give a **** :lol:

This isn't something I ever thought I'd have gto clarify, but I have never asked a peg legged mate to smuggle anything by the way, I'm not THAT dodgy!

Glad you're not in charge of airport security.

In the meantime local french ultras and north african migrants targetting anyone are conveniently ignored.

France at the moment is experiencing problems that are affecting many European countries.

The rise in the far right and an immigrant influx that is disgruntled.

Thats the fact of the matter and if it was just a hooligan problem it would have been dealt with much easier due to intelligence from police.

The football violence in england has been curtailed because you would need to be of your head to cause trouble without repercussions.

Yeah i always go to the games with good old peg leg Bob, he usually fills his leg up with rum.

Brilliant !!

When you are at Tynecastle does he shout  COME ON ME HEARTIES :teehee: 

luckyBatistuta

I totally get that, I just don't get why he thinks UEFA would give a **** :lol:

This isn't something I ever thought I'd have gto clarify, but I have never asked a peg legged mate to smuggle anything by the way, I'm not THAT dodgy!

Aha, so you do have a mate with a hollow false leg.

Would be ****ing brilliant if England got disqualified. Absolutely magic. Ban them from international competition for a decade while you're at it.

glynnlondon

Would be ******* brilliant if England got disqualified. Absolutely magic. Ban them from international competition for a decade while you're at it.

LOL Scotland already have a self imposed ban.

I wonder if any potential UEFA ruling on this could influence the punishment the SFA eventually hand down for the battle of hampden?

Seymour M Hersh

Would be ******* brilliant if England got disqualified. Absolutely magic. Ban them from international competition for a decade while you're at it.

Scotland will still fail miserably at qualification for all major tournaments.

The Treasurer

England and Russia are too powerful/influential within UEFA to be in danger of being banned.

More likely UEFA will do what the sfa do when "dealing" with disorder and come down hard on a smaller nation (Albania, Slovakia etc) for a minor offence to show they mean business while letting the bigger nations off with a warning or maybe a token fine.

Unknown user

England and Russia are too powerful/influential within UEFA to be in danger of being banned.

More likely UEFA will do what the sfa do when "dealing" with disorder and come down hard on a smaller nation (Albania, Slovakia etc) for a minor offence to show they mean business while letting the bigger nations off with a warning or maybe a token fine.

You say that but UEFA have got their racket and it's image to protect above all else.

UEFA banned English clubs from European competition for years in the 80s, I think they'll have to take action with the eyes of the world on them if it gets much worse

The Treasurer

You say that but UEFA have got their racket and it's image to protect above all else.

UEFA banned English clubs from European competition for years in the 80s, I think they'll have to take action with the eyes of the world on them if it gets much worse

Football is much bigger business to UEFA now than it was in the 80's with regards to TV money and sponsors.

The TV companies (who have a huge influence) would not take kindly to a country (or countries) that provide large chunk of their audience being kicked out of the tournament.

UEFA are no different from the SFA or the SPFL in as much as they will not do anything that upsets their biggest, most powerful members.

Unknown user

Football is much bigger business to UEFA now than it was in the 80's with regards to TV money and sponsors.

The TV companies (who have a huge influence) would not take kindly to a country (or countries) that provide large chunk of their audience being kicked out of the tournament.

UEFA are no different from the SFA or the SPFL in as much as they will not do anything that upsets their biggest, most powerful members.

Maybe you're right, I just cant help thinking that if it gets bad enough they'll cut off an arm to save that ever-so-lucrative body.

The Treasurer

Maybe you're right, I just cant help thinking that if it gets bad enough they'll cut off an arm to save that ever-so-lucrative body.

You'd like to think so but unfortunately it would be a hefty fine at worst for the like of England.

hmmn maybe we should get the Hibs fans to write a letter to Uefa and FIFA saying that Scotland should get an automatic place at their tournaments in future. They clearly need a better quality of drunk football fans for PR purposes. Also it may be our best chance of qualification...

Archived