We're selling thousands more season tickets than Aberdeen...

Section Q

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/queues-outside-football-grounds-just-8171453

This must eventually have an effect on our ability to attract better players.

Interesting comment on the oil downturn having a bearing on the town's economy.

It will yes, but we need to keep supporting the club and with a new stand coming, gradually increase the amount of St holders.

The Jambos clocked up 13,500 season-ticket holders late on Friday afternoon. 

Is that it? Mad Budge oot

::troll:::'>

Hibs could push over 10000 STs and just think had they not won the cup you'd be lucky if they sell 6000.  

Sheep are deluded tardis dwelling arseholes!

They just want to be like hibs for some unknown reason.

the stone rose

Article suggesting we are now pricing Aberdeen out when it comes to wages.

joondalupjambo

But are we selling them to folk who want to start getting behind the team and creating an atmosphere at the home games regardless of how the team are performing? 

I think/sure Aberdeen had a Ticket  package last yr consisting of 10 games which was reasonably priced, many took up the offer and AFC counted then in there ST sales

Its fair to say the Sheep are toiling to attract punters or Officials would be telling all  what numbers were being shifted ..... wonder what Aberdeens av home support would be without the Celtic games

Jambof3tornado

A grand more a week? Good, if its affordable.

Phil Dunphy

I'm not surprised a club thats smaller than Hearts aren't selling as many season tickets as Hearts.

kingantti1874

I think/sure Aberdeen had a Ticket package last yr consisting of 10 games which was reasonably priced, many took up the offer and AFC counted then in there ST sales

Its fair to say the Sheep are toiling to attract punters or Officials would be telling all what numbers were being shifted ..... wonder what Aberdeens av home support would be without the Celtic games

It was a 6 game block.. The best excuse is that fewer away fans travel, conveniently forgetting that the old form get a far bigger allocation than they do at tynecastle and that Inverness, Ross county and the Dundee clubs are all closer..

Nookie Bear

Everything is in place for us to take this club to the next level.

It is now up to the management team to realize this and grasp the opportunity with both hands.

I'm not surprised a club thats smaller than Hearts aren't selling as many season tickets as Hearts.

This guy gets it. That season established our position back in the premier league.

This season is about putting the sheep back in their pens and establishing dominance over the rest.

Jambof3tornado

Everything is in place for us to take this club to the next level.

It is now up to the management team to realize this and grasp the opportunity with both hands.

What is the next level though? 3rd best behind the old firm? Even with a new stand we cannot get near them wages wise. We should be going out to win the league every season but actually achieving our goal is something altogether different.

What would this coming seasons targets be?

What is the next level though? 3rd best behind the old firm? Even with a new stand we cannot get near them wages wise. We should be going out to win the league every season but actually achieving our goal is something altogether different.

Keep building, it's all we can do.

20 points behind the league winners.

10 points

5 points.

However small the steps we take are as long as we are always moving forward.

Not all seasons work out in football, always too many variables to predict the outcome but the correct mentality of hard work and a desire to win every game will help.

I think Aberdeen as a club will feel the effects of the failing oil industry. The city is already showing signs of change. I don't know how "ring fenced" their funding is for the development of the new stadium. Forty years of oil related wealth/income coming to an end must mean some sort of adjustments for the town and surrounding areas. Interesting times...!!

The White Cockade

However many season tickets we sell we will always be miles behind the Old Firm financially

So in my opinion the only way we can really challenge is to assemble a squad with decent quality

but most importantly the correct tactics and a real close team spirit - aka 1986

To be honest i'm not sure we have that bond between the players at the moment - player turnover

and an increasing number of foreign players being the main reason imo

I'd hope we finish above Rangers this coming season but once they re establish themselves again

we are chasing third in the future most likely

We have to get the mentality right and target more Cup wins and European runs which will both bring

in more cash and raise our profile hopefully allowing a higher standard of player to become affordable

Having said all that in my opinion we probably had our best chance of winning the league last season

as Celtic were dire and Aberdeen beatable but we just weren't consistent enough probably came a year to soon

as we were just out of the Championship

If Celtic are as bad next season then who knows but you would imagine Rodgers will improve them

The target should be to win the league. 2nd would still be great. Anything less than 3rd (well fourth), disappointing, and anything less than 4th, unacceptable.

I would also hope to win a cup, or at least get to a semi final.

LarrysRightFoot

People were arguing on another thread Aberdeen have more income than us.

This is one of the reasons I find it hard to believe as we consistently have bigger crowds then them and sell more season tickets than them.

Buffalo Bill

People were arguing on another thread Aberdeen have more income than us.

This is one of the reasons I find it hard to believe as we consistently have bigger crowds then them and sell more season tickets than them.

At the last set of accounts, Aberdeen's turnover was given as around ?13M. Ours was about ?7M.

Our new stand will allow us to get even bigger crowds and high turnover.

I'm not sure what it all equates to wage bill/player budgets though. 

The target should be to win the league. 2nd would still be great. Anything less than 3rd (well fourth), disappointing, and anything less than 4th, unacceptable.

I would also hope to win a cup, or at least get to a semi final.

This.

At the last set of accounts, Aberdeen's turnover was given as around ?13M. Ours was about ?7M.

Turnover is not always the best guide......for example Aberdeens turnover included the club shop etc which ours did not..........however it does show the higher income that results from being in the top league re TV money,sponsorship and the influence qualifying for the group stages in Europe can bring in terms of income

Hibs have sold 8800 season tickets and Aberdeen are still some way short of that especially as they have amended their pricing structure for next season....but they still want to include the 6 match package in their figures

i wish jj was my dad

A grand more a week? Good, if its affordable.

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if this is true.  

We need to be challenging at the top of the league to attract bigger crowds. If we just accept mediocrity then we'll be lucky to fill 75% of the stadium. But if we put in a decent challenge and kill teams off after we take a one or two goal lead then we'll attract more supporters and fill the place every week.

Buffalo Bill

Turnover is not always the best guide......for example Aberdeens turnover included the club shop etc which ours did not..........however it does show the higher income that results from being in the top league re TV money,sponsorship and the influence qualifying for the group stages in Europe can bring in terms of income

Hibs have sold 8800 season tickets and Aberdeen are still some way short of that especially as they have amended their pricing structure for next season....but they still want to include the 6 match package in their figures

Interesting, thanks.

Aberdeen also has a proposed move to a stadium that is about six miles outside of Aberdeen which sounds horrendous.

8800 is a good effort from our wee neighbours actually.

Wonder what it would have been but for the SC win ?

In all honesty they should absolutely romp the Championship next season. The difference in resources between them and the rest is immense.

kingantti1874

8800 is a good effort from our wee neighbours actually.

Wonder what it would have been but for the SC win ?

In all honesty they should absolutely romp the Championship next season. The difference in resources between them and the rest is immense.

I wouldn't say the difference in resources between hibs and Utd is immense to be honest..

SwindonJambo

I wouldn't say the difference in resources between hibs and Utd is immense to be honest..

Don't forget that United have a manager who did very well with meagre resources at Raith Rovers last season. H1b5 have a new manager whose only success came when he had a massive resource advantage over all of his opponents.

Falkirk with Houstie still around will cause them bother too.

I can easily see the neeburrs spending a 4th season down, with no Cup win to buoy them, a massive fall in ST sales followed by huge shrinkage.

Don't forget that United have a manager who did very well with meagre resources at Raith Rovers last season. H1b5 have a new manager whose only success came when he had a massive resource advantage over all of his opponents.

I can easily see the neeburrs spending a 4th season down, with no Cup win to buoy them, a massive fall in ST sales followed by huge shrinkage.

I reckon Dunfermline may surprise a few people too.

jambo-in-furness

We can only hope.

LarrysRightFoot

For the last season we sold over 13k season tickets. Sold out almost every home game. Got over ?1m for the sale of Sow. Over ?1m from FoH. I think our sponsorship deal that allowed StC on our shirts would have been higher than theirs. I would feel pretty sure we had a lower wage bill than them.

Over us in terms of income would be their 2nd place compared to our 3rd. Better corporate and in house shop.

I cannot see that matching us so it to be interesting to see last seasons accounts like for like.

FarmerTweedy

This guy gets it. That season established our position back in the premier league.

This season is about putting the sheep back in their pens and establishing dominance over the rest.

It's important to remember that we still have a decrepit old main stand and limited hospitality facilities, plus are building a cash pot to help pay for a new main stand, so despite significantly higher season ticket sales are probably not yet in a much stronger position than Aberdeen financially.

Add in the fact that we're still quite early in the squad rebuilding process, and we really shouldn't be thinking we have a great right to be wiping the floor with them in the coming season.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be targeting them, but it shouldn't necessarily be seen as failure if we don't quite get ahead of them next season.

Nookie Bear

Keep building, it's all we can do.

20 points behind the league winners.

10 points

5 points.

However small the steps we take are as long as we are always moving forward.

Not all seasons work out in football, always too many variables to predict the outcome but the correct mentality of hard work and a desire to win every game will help.

Yep, that's what I meant by the next level.

Also want us to target regular appearances in the Europa League group stages.

stirlingshirejambo

I personally don't believe that

They are just guessing

Also how come it says we are a million better off selling 3000 more season tickets and another million for having 3000 extra average crowd

Surely that counting same number twice

Eh we have 13500 season tickets and 3000 walk ups

They have 10500 season tickets and 3000 walk ups

We have made a profit of 2-3 million this season and it's going towards the new stand. Once the new stand is up and if the backing of the fans continues, we will be be able to afford a wage budget much higher than Aberdeen.

fabienleclerq

It's important to remember that we still have a decrepit old main stand and limited hospitality facilities, plus are building a cash pot to help pay for a new main stand, so despite significantly higher season ticket sales are probably not yet in a much stronger position than Aberdeen financially.

Add in the fact that we're still quite early in the squad rebuilding process, and we really shouldn't be thinking we have a great right to be wiping the floor with them in the coming season.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be targeting them, but it shouldn't necessarily be seen as failure if we don't quite get ahead of them next season.

Good post, it also should be remembered the more money you spend doesn't guareentee better performances. We need to spend wisely and get the best out of what we have spent on.

Lots of complaints by Aberdeen fans regarding their Hearts supporting ticket office manager re the new pricing structure they have for next season.

He has made many changes such as no early bird discount and less benefits to one of their clubs set up for fans

I wonder who he is ?

kingantti1874

Lots of complaints by Aberdeen fans regarding their Hearts supporting ticket office manager re the new pricing structure they have for next season.

He has made many changes such as no early bird discount and less benefits to one of their clubs set up for fans

I wonder who he is ?

Excuses excuses.. Not need to buy a ST when it's so easy to pick and choose matches.. That's the root of it for them

isn't the Aberdeen 'first phase' running to the 18th? They'll likely announce something then.

Caspian Primrose

The only negative of selling so many STs is that the management will now think we actually enjoyed the utter trash served up to us last season and convince themselves they're doing a great job.

Excuses excuses.. Not need to buy a ST when it's so easy to pick and choose matches.. That's the root of it for them

They also include the six game package in their season ticket numbers

fabienleclerq

The only negative of selling so many STs is that the management will now think we actually enjoyed the utter trash served up to us last season and convince themselves they're doing a great job.

They are doing a great job.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/queues-outside-football-grounds-just-8171453

This must eventually have an effect on our ability to attract better players.

Interesting comment on the oil downturn having a bearing on the town's economy.

In recent seasons Aberdeen's Corporate revenue has been massive in comparison.

For Category A games they've been able to charge Calcutta Cup prices.

That's probably going to be hit harder

stirlingshirejambo

Just out of interest in recent seasons what have been their category A games, Celtic maybe Dundee United?

They're a one club town with the majority of their support sure to be affected in some way through the decline of the offshore energy industry. Can't imagine their corporate department and sponsorship being immune from the downturn.

It was a 6 game block.. The best excuse is that fewer away fans travel, conveniently forgetting that the old form get a far bigger allocation than they do at tynecastle and that Inverness, Ross county and the Dundee clubs are all closer..

Oh aye, Inverness and Ross County are renowned for their huge traveling supports.

County brought 321 and 264 in their two visits last season. Inverness took 217.

I think you'll also find Dundee is closer to Edinburgh than it is to Aberdeen.

Celtic bringing a bigger support to Pittodrie than Tynecastle is offset by Aberdeen bringing a far bigger support to Tynecastle than you bring up north.

Archived