Spurs sign Dos Santos

Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago

Inital 4.7m fee according to SSN.

Why so cheap? I havent seen him much but i thought he was supposed to be the next big thing? :confused:

Barce are having a complete overhaul. They want an almost entirely changed squad next season I heard. Clubs will know they want rid of their players so they'll know massive bids won't be nessecary.

the voice from above
Inital 4.7m fee according to SSN.

Why so cheap? I havent seen him much but i thought he was supposed to be the next big thing? :confused:

I heard he wasn't too popular with the fans as he likes himself a bit too much and likes to enjoy himself a bit too much :booze: and they don't want a repeat of the Ronaldinho scenario... They have their new love child in the form of Bojan.

Dos Santos = Mini-Ronaldinho :sad:

Bojan = Mini-Messi :)

vegas-voss

Could be really interested in the EPL this although i would expect the top 3 to stay the same there could be a real chance of Tottenham of Man City breaking into the top 4.Got to feel sorry for Moyes though as despite all his hard work Everton look like getting left behind.

NoseLikeMahe

He has the smallest ears I've ever seen.

Which is unlikely to have impacted on the transfer fee, I accept. :)

Sexton Hardcastle

it will have add ons. It could rise to 8.6m and it says they get 20 % if sold within 2 years and 10% of any future sale. So if he does become good and go to man united etc barce will pocket a healthy sum.

Superb signing for them. Spurs are building together a pretty decent squad and I can see them signing a couple more. For me they are the most likely to break into the top four, if they get their defence sorted.

I remember seeing the guy at Murrayfield and although it's difficult to judge on a pre-season match, he looked to have a lot of talent.

Dos Santos is overated.

If he was that good Barca would have kept him.

Hes a decent player but highly overated.

He is only 19.

True, but I think the perception people have of him(not on here but in general) is a bit OTT.

Will be quality in the future but he has the likes of Fabregas, Anderson etc who are his age range and who are all better techincally than him so hes got some work to do to stand out.

Will fit in well for Spurs but no clue who he will replace.

True, but I think the perception people have of him(not on here but in general) is a bit OTT.

Will be quality in the future but he has the likes of Fabregas, Anderson etc who are his age range and who are all better techincally than him so hes got some work to do to stand out.

Will fit in well for Spurs but no clue who he will replace.

Aaron Lennon?

Aaron Lennon?

Dos Santos is an attacking midfielder not a winger aint he? Sure Lennon plays on the wing and Dos Santos somethimes played behind Henry and Eto'o?

l/well gaz

:

Dos Santos is overated.

The guy's got talent,personally i think he wanted away from Barca as soon

as he heard he would be playing against IAN MURRAY,and didn't want to be overshadowed.:rolleyes:

I think Barca are after David Silva, plus Dos Santos did'nt have that great a season and the new contract he was offered was performance related. Over hyped wee primadona IMO, so he will fit in well at Spurs.

Dos Santos is an attacking midfielder not a winger aint he? Sure Lennon plays on the wing and Dos Santos somethimes played behind Henry and Eto'o?

Dos Santos is primarily a winger. Left footed too I believe.

Good signing

Dos Santos is overated.

Two words.....Cesc Fabregas!!!

Barca let him go and is now one of the best midfielders in the world.

i thought he was the best player in the friendly - i went back to all my non-jambo mates raving about him...looking forward to seeing more of him next season

Arsenal poached him though and exploited some sort of rule in Spain to get him/

But Fabregas was only 16 at the time and was told he wasnt going to get a game for Barca so Arsenal took the opportunity and took him on a free, Taylor he was not poached they followed the right procedures.

He will be a very good player just think hes rather ooveryped by certain people.

Barcelona play 4-3-3. All the time. That is all.

But Fabregas was only 16 at the time and was told he wasnt going to get a game for Barca so Arsenal took the opportunity and took him on a free, Taylor he was not poached they followed the right procedures.

He will be a very good player just think hes rather ooveryped by certain people.

Don't think Barca fans would agree with that

Kearney, have you ever actually seen Dos Santos play?

I get the feeling you're just doin' the usual blagging, TBH. He's an exceptional talent, and is only 19 years old. I don't think Barcelona would've let him go in normal circumstances, but it's a transitional period at the Camp Nou. Pep Guardiola seemed to be happy with his attacking options, with Krcik (a phenomenally brilliant young player. Aragones has no clue!), Messi and Henry, Eto'o.

TBH, i reckon if he has one good season at Spurs, he'll be following Carrick to Manchester United.

It was all done in correct procedure Taylor

He was signed before he could sign a contract at Barcelona, admittedly he wanted to leave but barca never got the chance to tie him down to make sure they got what they deserved for him.

If it was so above board I doubt Fifa would have been brought in to arbitrate on the transfer.:confused:

Kearney, have you ever actually seen Dos Santos play?

I get the feeling you're just doin' the usual blagging, TBH. He's an exceptional talent, and is only 19 years old. I don't think Barcelona would've let him go in normal circumstances, but it's a transitional period at the Camp Nou. Pep Guardiola seemed to be happy with his attacking options, with Krcik (a phenomenally brilliant young player. Aragones has no clue!), Messi and Henry, Eto'o.

TBH, i reckon if he has one good season at Spurs, he'll be following Carrick to Manchester United.

I have seen him play many times before, and I think hes a tad bit overated at his age. but he is only 19 TBF. Krcik is an awesome player but Dos Santos thought he was better than what he was.

Was talking to a Barcelona supporter last week about him(yes there is 1 in Dumfries!) and asked him about Dos Santos being linked to Spurs and he was happy he was going just like alot of Barca fans.

Not just saying hes overated as I support Arsenal aswell as Hearts but i think hes a tad bit overated by people but he will do well.

He was signed before he could sign a contract at Barcelona, admittedly he wanted to leave but barca never got the chance to tie him down to make sure they got what they deserved for him.

If it was so above board I doubt Fifa would have been brought in to arbitrate on the transfer.:confused:

F?bregas started playing club football at FC Barcelona. During his youth career, he was played mostly as a volante (defensive midfielder), yet he was also a prolific scorer, sometimes scoring more than 30 goals in a season.[4] However, he did not play a first-team game at the Camp Nou.[5] Sensing that he would have limited opportunities at Barcelona,[6] he decided to join Arsenal,

Thats Wikipedias view on it :)

Fabregas was on a youth contract with Barca and Arsenal had a Spanish scout on the look out for players and seeing that Fabregas was only on a youth contract and Arsenal assured him of first team football he took it.

Would Fabregas have played over 250 for Barcelona if he was still there instead of Aresnal buying him?

Really doubt it.

Hmmm he had just turned 16 at the time was he expecting to be in their first team at that age? It was a dodgy deal, Arsenal got hammered for doing the same with Merida and either him or the club got sued. The agent for both players is the same money grabbing .

I have seen him play many times before, and I think hes a tad bit overated at his age. but he is only 19 TBF. Krcik is an awesome player but Dos Santos thought he was better than what he was.

Was talking to a Barcelona supporter last week about him(yes there is 1 in Dumfries!) and asked him about Dos Santos being linked to Spurs and he was happy he was going just like alot of Barca fans.

Not just saying hes overated as I support Arsenal aswell as Hearts but i think hes a tad bit overated by people but he will do well.

Yeah, i'm sure the Barcelona fan in Dumfries is a staunch supporter.

He's an exceptional talent aged 19. This means there will be a massive hype around him, it doesn't mean he's overrated as such. See: Messi, Fabregas, Rooney, Schweinstiger, Krcic etc.

Archived