Car accident, whiplash

Jambo83

On the way to work yesterday, a woman ran into the back of my car when I stopped at a roundabout. Didn't feel much pain at the time, but as the day went on my neck and shoulder blade started getting pretty sore.

Was at the Dr's this morning and she said my right shoulder is pretty tight and I have suffered some sort of muscle spam. Been told to give my 5's & golf a rest until it improves.

People have been telling me that i'll get a decent compensation claim, and her insurers (Sheila's Wheels) have said that they'll speak to me in 2 weeks, find out how bad the injury has been and then offer me compensation.

Just bought my first home not so long ago so ?? is understandably pretty tight just now. At first I was just relieved that they had taken full responsibility and I wasn't having to fork out my ?400 excess (young driver, under 25)

I don't want to go to the trouble of getting an injury lawyer, but what sort of compensation am I likely to receive?!

You should get yourself a lawyer in all honesty, you should be looking at something pretty decent.

Probably a couple of hundered quid if you are lucky - more if you suffer any loss of earnings.

Regarding your excess... expect to get raped. My neighbour hit my parked car one morning and although he admitted responsibility, I had to pay the ?400 excess upon completing of the repairs and then my insurance companies solicitors chased his insurance company to reimburse me the excess... In all the process from accident to receipt of excess being reimbursed is expected to take 20 weeks!!!! (i.e. i'm still waiting!!!). Total Joke. I say get as much money as you can outa the careless bitch!

Speak to a solicitor/lawyer, I was in an accident about 21 years ago, I was very lucky to walk away from it with only a few scars and concussion, I never claimed on my friends insurance as I thought I was claiming directly against him(nievity). I now wish I had sought legal advice/assistance I might have got a few bob.

Probably a couple of hundered quid if you are lucky - more if you suffer any loss of earnings.

Regarding your excess... expect to get raped. My neighbour hit my parked car one morning and although he admitted responsibility, I had to pay the ?400 excess upon completing of the repairs and then my insurance companies solicitors chased his insurance company to reimburse me the excess... In all the process from accident to receipt of excess being reimbursed is expected to take 20 weeks!!!! (i.e. i'm still waiting!!!). Total Joke. I say get as much money as you can outa the careless bitch!

I'm not having to pay my excess, her insurance company has already arranged the repair and courtesy car, they confirmed that their customer admitted full liability.

A girl at my work got ?3,000 for something similar a few months ago which I think is mental!! I'll be fairly happy with a good few hundred, don't like to be greedy :P

I'm not having to pay my excess, her insurance company has already arranged the repair and courtesy car, they confirmed that their customer admitted full liability.

A girl at my work got ?3,000 for something similar a few months ago which I think is mental!! I'll be fairly happy with a good few hundred, don't like to be greedy :P

get a lawyer, my sis in law was hit pretty bad in the back of her car the kids where affected to and she is going to have phsyio for a while,the other person is paying for it through her insurance, the reason i say get a lawyer is if you have any re percussions in the later years you will be fully compensated now.

Agree with a lot of the advice given. Be wary of the 'No win, no fee' lawyers though. They will take a large chunk of what you get. Stick with the legal department of your insurance company as they will take their not inconsiderable whack from her insurers. As has been already mooted, may take some time though.

If you don't go back to the docs and don't have any loss of earnings you will get between 2-5 hundred quid.

If you continually go back to the docs complaining and suffer some loss of earnings you will get 7-900 quid

if you have a genuine problem and you need physio time of work ,stress ,flashbacks ,fear of driving start having sezuires and all that stuff you could get 2-5 grand

best just be ok and get an easy 500 quid i say.

Archived