HONK AT A JAMBO!!!

Mr Sifter

When in your car, do you honk at any fellow Jambos you might see in the street? I do. Have done for years now. I give them the thumbs up, or the clenched fist, and nine times out of ten I get a smile back. Not always tho!

So I've decided to start this comprehensive list of all the JKB'ers who have cracked on to strangers, who happen to be Jambos.

So if you've never done this before, start now! And log your observations here. Your post should include.....

The date and time.

Where you were.

What the reaction was.

For example.....

Thursday 5th June - 4.00pm.

Honked at a Jambo on Old Dalkeith Road, just by Little France

The guy looked confused, but waved back anyway!!!

Hopefully if we can build up a list, fellow JKBers can come on here and find out who the hell it was that tooted at them yesterday!!!

Alternatively.........this might sink like a stone:p

Stupid Sexy Flanders

My mate did it in Prague, every time we walked past a group of Jambos he'd say "Alrite boys!". I suppose he was just being friendly but after a while I said "You don't have to say hiya to everyone!"

I wear a shirt & tie to work most days (like a lot of folk) and so wouldn't be recognised for the Jambo I am (I would wave, on the odd occasion that I'd be spotted in my Hearts shirt/scarf...which would only really be on matchdays). As it also tends to be kids that wear their shirts 24/7, this could possibly get someone a bad rep for honking and waving at kids!

Maybe we could develop a jambo 'walk' to make it easier to recognise each other?

I suggest something which looks aloof and superior to your non-Hearts supporting Edinburgh punters. You'd be able to tell Hobo's easier - nae socks, shoes that don't match, hungry & homeless sign, drinking from brown paper bag, hanging around public toilets, etc.

:)

maroonlegions

not long after the big cup win in 98 i was walking at the start of gorgie road wearing my cup winners t-shirt , this car came along and sitting in it were Neil Mcann and Jim Hamilton ,i just gave them a big grin and the thumbs up, they responded with a smile and a wave.:)

Dr. Bapswent

I suggest a big get together to allow all like minded jambos to meet.

We'd need a large area or stadium though. My estimate is that somewhere with around 17000 seats would be big enough.

Probably best to find one in the West side of town, somewhere like Gorgie, where there are a large congregation of Jambos.

Timing would be important, as many people work, and that kinda rules out weeknights. So id think the weekends are better.

Also, some people have kids, and others like to go out in the evening, and lets not clash with lunch, so early evening might be the best sort of time

So if ive got this right....

We could all meet up in somewhere like Tynecastle stadium, at about 3pm on a saturday.

Anyone up for it?

Pants Shaton
When in your car, do you honk at any fellow Jambos you might see in the street? I do. Have done for years now. I give them the thumbs up, or the clenched fist, and nine times out of ten I get a smile back. Not always tho!

So I've decided to start this comprehensive list of all the JKB'ers who have cracked on to strangers, who happen to be Jambos.

So if you've never done this before, start now! And log your observations here. Your post should include.....

The date and time.

Where you were.

What the reaction was.

For example.....

Hopefully if we can build up a list, fellow JKBers can come on here and find out who the hell it was that tooted at them yesterday!!!

What do you do when you see a tramp in a fluorescent yellow Hoborag?

Aim....???

Just kidding before anyone gets all narky about it.

maroonlegions
I suggest a big get together to allow all like minded jambos to meet.

We'd need a large area or stadium though. My estimate is that somewhere with around 17000 seats would be big enough.

Probably best to find one in the West side of town, somewhere like Gorgie, where there are a large congregation of Jambos.

Timing would be important, as many people work, and that kinda rules out weeknights. So id think the weekends are better.

Also, some people have kids, and others like to go out in the evening, and lets not clash with lunch, so early evening might be the best sort of time

So if ive got this right....

We could all meet up in somewhere like Tynecastle stadium, at about 3pm on a saturday.

Anyone up for it?

well going by the ST sales 9,000 is not to bad for a meet up and some pies dont know about if there will be any football being played yet, the players have still to decide if they will TURN UP.:107years::107years::rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
well going by the ST sales 9,000 is not to bad for a meet up and some pies dont know about if there will be any football being played yet, the players have still to decide if they will TURN UP.:107years::107years::rolleyes:

Cracking idea.

If there is going to be enough of us, we should probably organise some entertainment.

How about a sports event...?

Also,

If we all pick something distinctive to wear, we could all recognize each other better.

How about a scarf? A stripy one...Id pick Maroon and white but im open to suggestions.

A jambo walk. Wonderful :)

It would need to be distinctive - a Golum scuttle ?

Too much like the walk that Hobos use! ;)

I'd honk my horn.........just as he was passing under my bonnet:cool:

Rabbie_Burns

No honking from me alas, dont see many fellow Jambos down here in Cheshire... :(

markletissier
My mate did it in Prague, every time we walked past a group of Jambos he'd say "Alrite boys!". I suppose he was just being friendly but after a while I said "You don't have to say hiya to everyone!"

you should change your signature to start wearin maroon wearin maroon na na na na na start wearin maroon for me now!

maroonlegions
Cracking idea.

If there is going to be enough of us, we should probably organise some entertainment.

How about a sports event...?

Also,

If we all pick something distinctive to wear, we could all recognize each other better.

How about a scarf? A stripy one...Id pick Maroon and white but im open to suggestions.

true , hopefully most of us can meet up first at different boozers and who knows after a few bevies we can all join in a sing song at the said ground, would be good if every body wore the same colour of scarf and sports top , would be great if we could get most people to turn up in maroon and white eh ,but guaranteed there will be some plank who is too drunk and dressed from head to toe in black running around with a fecking whistle making and a*** of himself eh.:P

markletissier

only time it's been down to me was when we won the cup in 06 and i staggered down the road gettin peeped at with folk shoutin WAAAAAAAAY. got some folk singing with me and a few folk told me to **** off. but that's about it really.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
you should change your signature to start wearin maroon wearin maroon na na na na na start wearin maroon for me now!

Thumbs up for the top music knowledge! :fing10:

Colonel Kurtz

The date and time.

Where you were.

What the reaction was.

For example.....

You honked at me one bright saturday morning in captains road to tell me Burley had been sacked.

The next time ...drive on

You honked at me one bright saturday morning in captains road to tell me Burley had been sacked.

The next time ...drive on

That is true CK.......hopefully next time I honk you it will be to announce that we've just won the CL.......probably not tho eh?:wacko:;)

WEIRDO ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the fu would you know.........but honk honk anyway:p

I used to have a bad habit of smiling eagerly at people who were driving the same car as me...had to be the same colour too obviously, I'm not a weirdo... Or maybe I just act less like one now that I tend to use the bus instead. :)

But I love the idea of a Jambo walk. For those of us who don't drive much during the week, it would also be good to have some sort of greeting to exchange...just to check that we're not mistaking the 'Jambo walk' for something else. Some people just walk funny for the sake of it, y'see. Waving is too common, high fives are too cheesy...we need something specially designed for Jambo use only...

:rolleyes:many moons ago I was honked at by Alan MacLaren (whilst a Jambo) and got the thumbs up as HE shouted JAMBO!!!!!! This in a wee village in Lanarkshire(south) as he drove through (at more than 30 mph!!!):rolleyes:

The date and time.

Where you were.

What the reaction was.

For example.....

You've changed:);)

Captain America

Once was driving back from Oasis gig at SECC with Hearts scarf on parcel shelf, as drove along road spotted Stephen Simmons with his missus, at the time he was prob our worse player so i done the right thing and honked and shouted my usual Saturday afternoon chant to him.

" Your Sh*te Simmons"

Few months later he left which i take full credit for, anyone no if Scissor Sisters are touring and can do the same to Clum.

You've changed:);)

I am spendin too much time on my own in the cab these days big man. The thoughts that entertain you when you are on yer tod eh?:P

I honk at 2 sets of people

Jambos and tidy birds with big jugs :dribble:

Archived