Why don't we spend just a WEE bit of cash on players

Jambow7

And i dont mean 150k... ive seen we have exceeded our financial goals by a few million and yes i understand a lot of it is for the new stand but honestly, why are we desperate to unearth freebies?! Or boys thatll cost 150k?! I get that Souttar was an absolute steal and if they come at that price so be it but realistically he is worth more than that it was his age and position that made him cheap.

I dont see how we can all take about challenging when we as a club arent willing to spend a bit, its never going to happen. Why don't we even try loaning some young talent from down south?!

It just seems very downhearted that we the paying fans get freebies from the greek 3rd division or whatever haha. Would like to see us bid for players like McKay or the boy from Bristol we were linked to but its the lack of effort and ambition i sense we have.

JamboJohn1874 is back and using a fail safe account folks!!!!!

Can't believe people think im a hibby im just a young fan!

John Findlay

Well being young comes naivety. We don't have money for transfer fees. Even free and out of contract players don't come cheap. A footballers contract are very complicated pieces of paper. Negotiations can take weeks not just minutes or hours.

Well being young comes naivety. We don't have money for transfer fees. Even free and out of contract players don't come cheap. A footballers contract are very complicated pieces of paper. Negotiations can take weeks not just minutes or hours.

Im positive we set out to make 4m revenue and are running at 7m or something?! Surely we could fork out 500k?! I know its expensive i get it but i just dont see why we cant afford that step up and when will we??

John Findlay

Im positive we set out to make 4m revenue and are running at 7m or something?! Surely we could fork out 500k?! I know its expensive i get it but i just dont see why we cant afford that step up and when will we??

We won't. The club is no longer run on

Amatuer lines. Professional off the pitch as well as on it.

alwaysthereinspirit

What's the guy's name that the 500,000 is being spent on? Or is just spending it good enough.

What's the guy's name that the 500,000 is being spent on? Or is just spending it good enough.

Tom Farmer.

Jambo, Goodbye

When we have fully paid up the new stand and then followed that up by paying back Queen Ann, then and only then will we have an annual income stream that can go towards the playing side. The size of the player pool we can cast our net over will increase many times over.

Until then let's be patient.

RealMaroonCF

Typical youngster is my response.

Not happy with a new car, and flat, he wants all the top gear, to go out every weekend to tiger lily AND go flash holidays..... All on apprentice wages.

It's simple. One step at a time. You'll realise it's the best way one day. Ann knows , but then she's old, that's what comes with age, sense and experience

Ibrahim Tall

In days where the best players I'm the world are going for ?80m+ and fairly average players for ?40m the difference in quality been a player on a free transfer and one you're paying 0-500,000 is practically nothing. Assuming proper scouting etc of course.

Sow for example was free, Reilly wasn't - who made the bigger impact? Or Djoum and Kenny Anderson?

7th of February you joined this board! That user name stands out a mile! This thread reeks! Your contribution on the Conor Sammon thread about Fuller and De Vries is atrocious!

You're a hobo and you're not hiding it well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

And i dont mean 150k... ive seen we have exceeded our financial goals by a few million and yes i understand a lot of it is for the new stand but honestly, why are we desperate to unearth freebies?! Or boys thatll cost 150k?! I get that Souttar was an absolute steal and if they come at that price so be it but realistically he is worth more than that it was his age and position that made him cheap.

I dont see how we can all take about challenging when we as a club arent willing to spend a bit, its never going to happen. Why don't we even try loaning some young talent from down south?!

It just seems very downhearted that we the paying fans get freebies from the greek 3rd division or whatever haha. Would like to see us bid for players like McKay or the boy from Bristol we were linked to but its the lack of effort and ambition i sense we have.

We are spending "cash" on every player we sign. It's called wages. And for every player you pay ?200k transfer fee for that's one less you cannot afford to pay ?2k-?4k per week.

Fxxx the SPFL

We are spending "cash" on every player we sign. It's called wages. And for every player you pay ?200k transfer fee for that's one less you cannot afford to pay ?2k-?4k per week.

Out of curiosity anyone know roughly what we are paying players salary wise.

FarmerTweedy

Whether you're a hobo interloper or a seven year old, the rest of us can be thankful the club isn't run by people like you!

Yet commenting on De Vries and Fuller on another thread. Really I don't think so. There is a whiff of another place about you.

Who do you think we could get at 500k to make a difference ?

kingantti1874

Who do you think we could get at 500k to make a difference ?

Correct.. Ross McCormack went for ?11m.. To get a player with any pedigree your taking 7 figures plus a 5 figure per week wage bill.. That is not the reality of Scottish football..

Billy Walsh

The transfer fee isn't the only thing either. Factor in signing on fees, agent fees etc etc and all deals rack up eventually

Buffalo Bill

Jim Weir, Brian Hamilton, Gordan Petric, Mirsad Beslija, Juho Makela all cost money.

All were huddies.

But what the OP really fails to understand is the wage structure. Gone are the days of Hearts paying guys 5-10K a week. We now pay 1-2K a week. If you buy a player for ?500,000, he doesn't want to be paid ?1,500 a week.

The money we have in the pot just now will go towards the Main Stand. The Main Stand will allow us to generate more cash per year. In the near future, if all goes well, we can then move into the 4-5K a week bracket.

Livvyjambo

If we get money in and I expect we will I see us spending if the player is a shoe in to improve is . Not at 500k though

I've got a fool proof solution. Let's just get a few loan players from Celtic for a season then constantly change the team every year

I would much rather spend the 500k on the wages of a good quality free agent.

500k is a lot of money to take out of the wages pot just to pay a transfer fee for someone who will likely not be any better than what we have.

Put another way our better players are worth more than 500k so if it's not going to improve the squad why bother.

We will eventually. But for now, we need to grow in a sustainable way and not do a Rangers.

New stand is the priority as it'll bring in much more revenue (from seats to hospitality to corporate events) and we can use that to buy more expensive players.

I think the club are prepared to spend money on a player if they meet certain criteria (young, sell on potential, good prospect) but won't just spend money for the sake of spending it.

We did that with Souttar. Unfortunately some of our fans think we should do similar for a player like Hemmings who has already failed down in England's League One, is 24 don't equal value for money. If he's on a free I don't think we would hesitate one minute. 

FWIW i think Hemmings is a good player at this level and would love to have him at Hearts

7th of February you joined this board! That user name stands out a mile! This thread reeks! Your contribution on the Conor Sammon thread about Fuller and De Vries is atrocious!

You're a hobo and you're not hiding it well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that the word "wee" in the title is in capital letters also hasn't gone unnoticed.

Certainly an odd smell about this thread.

JamboJohn1874 is back and using a fail safe account folks!!!!!

:spoton:

What you doing up at 1.30am young man....:vrface:

Bazzas right boot

I think we would do and Ithink we will.

If a player comes available, then I think we would spend maybe around ?250k max, however it would need to be someone that is highly rated.

Think Souttar, or even a Mclean/ Mginn type signing, unfortunately these types of deals are rare as we can be out bid very easy if there is interest from down South.

Going to cut the OP a wee bit of slack.

Sheep are favs to sign Craig Slater from Killie - paying dev fee.

I feel we should be looking at this type of signing more, just like Soutar in Jan.

loveofthegame

Going to cut the OP a wee bit of slack.

Sheep are favs to sign Craig Slater from Killie - paying dev fee.

I feel we should be looking at this type of signing more, just like Soutar in Jan.

I don't disagree with that, but the OP talks about signings of ?150k not being sufficient. If he'd said that I'd have agreed with him but he seems to be talking about big money (for a club like Hearts anyway).

Hearts don't need to and shouldn't be paying money for players unless we're talking development fees for quality young footballers like Souttar.

When you consider the quality that can be signed for free, why pay over the odds, why pay a fee at all? Ozturk, Sow, Kitchen, Djoum all stand outs in the SPFL, were all free. Glad the way Hearts are going about there business these days. 

100's of decent players across Europe will find themselves on the scrapheap because of club cutbacks, wage restraints, creating headroom....etc especially now as we approach another transfer window. I'm sure that there are a few good un's out there waiting to be picked up. IMO much better to spend money on paying resonable wages than fees to clubs, agents....etc

We_are_the_Hearts

A ?500K player would command a yearly salary of ?200K............so a 3 year contract then means that player costs us ?1.1 million.

Nookie Bear

I don't like hibs, and I particularly do not ike their fans, but if they want to come on this board and contribute then do it...but have the bottle to say you're hibs and deal with the inevitable stick.

Good news our income will substantially increase in next few years with income from new stand, hospitality etc and we will be able to spend more on the player budget.

Of course being stuck in Championship for several years would be a different scenario but ww avoided that. I believe Hibs are still overspending - see how that goes.

Historically we've not done too well with buying players for large sums.

I think i'll take more freebies such as Ozturk, Rossi, Djoum, Sow..

Low risk signings and promoting the top youth players is what Hearts are about.

You're a young fan, but you start a thread at 1:05am, and start slavering about revenue and the likes.

Not buying it.

giphy.gif

kingantti1874

Good news our income will substantially increase in next few years with income from new stand, hospitality etc and we will be able to spend more on the player budget.

Of course being stuck in Championship for several years would be a different scenario but ww avoided that. I believe Hibs are still overspending - see how that goes.

Correct. Investing in infrastructure brings sustainable increased income..

The fact that the word "wee" in the title is in capital letters also hasn't gone unnoticed.

Certainly an odd smell about this thread.

Well, that and the 7 in the user name.  Reeks of fetid cabbage

You're a young fan, but you start a thread at 1:05am, and start slavering about revenue and the likes.

Not buying it.

giphy.gif

Doesn't help with the 7 at the end of his username.

Sometimes imposters' on here just don't think.

Doesn't help with the 7 at the end of his username.

Sometimes imposters' on here just don't think.

Told me to "do one" when I called him out a few weeks back. The cheeky young (Hibs f@#%&*g) whippersnapper.

Im honestly not a hobo, the 7 in my username is because it is my lucky number. I was an ex ST holder and im not really botgered if people believe me or not because to be honest if I was a Hobo I wouldnt have posted multiple times about how i rate Neilson and what they (RN AND CL)are doing and being passionate about it.

I maybe came across bad putting wee in capitals but all i meant was that with allthe positive feedback about us financially i just thought that would give us scope to spend more money on plauers. I totally agree that Oz, Djoum, Kit and Sow have been outstanding coups but sometimes I feel like we miss out on what i deem to be affordable players like Allan, Hemmings, El Bakhtaoui. Id love to see Stevie May etc. Im sure Aberdeen spend and just thought why cant we?

It's not about a hobo hoping we get back in debt Im honestly just wondering if we could spend the money as the club seems to be prospering loads.

I think it also looks good to flex ur financial muscle from time to time. Didn't think my fellow jambos could be quite hurtful but i understand how it looks and all i can do is apologise for that.

A hobo wouldn't take the time to write this, and if they would thats just 5AD 1IKE.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Im honestly not a hobo, the 7 in my username is because it is my lucky number. I was an ex ST holder and im not really botgered if people believe me or not because to be honest if I was a Hobo I wouldnt have posted multiple times about how i rate Neilson and what they (RN AND CL)are doing and being passionate about it.

I maybe came across bad putting wee in capitals but all i meant was that with allthe positive feedback about us financially i just thought that would give us scope to spend more money on plauers. I totally agree that Oz, Djoum, Kit and Sow have been outstanding coups but sometimes I feel like we miss out on what i deem to be affordable players like Allan, Hemmings, El Bakhtaoui. Id love to see Stevie May etc. Im sure Aberdeen spend and just thought why cant we?

It's not about a hobo hoping we get back in debt Im honestly just wondering if we could spend the money as the club seems to be prospering loads.

I think it also looks good to flex ur financial muscle from time to time. Didn't think my fellow jambos could be quite hurtful but i understand how it looks and all i can do is apologise for that.

A hobo wouldn't take the time to write this, and if they would thats just 5AD 1IKE.

Basically you don't have faith that RN and CL are competent enough to sign the right players, or you don't like their strategy overall. Tough tits! They are in charge, and will rightly be secretive about their plans.

How do you know we weren't in for Allan, Bakhtoui and Hemmings? Your frustration is based on a lack of information, not reality.

Rabbie_Burns

Very sad like...

Ferryjambo99

Because we can find very good players for free. A transfer fee doesn't necessarily mean the player is very good but we've shown we will spend money if there is a very good player but there's no point when we can good players for free

I'm sure it was reported we offered a deal to Hemmings at the start of the Championship season but he turned us down. After flopping in League 1 at Barnsley, I understand why we didn't pursue him again after we had signed Juanma and Reilly and already had Sow.

Levein wouldn't go near Allan after his antics at United when he was there. Demanding a move after a handful of apperances. That was a wise decision as he did the same at Hibs.

El Bakkatouri I'm sure we will have watched and if he looked good we may yet offer him a deal later on in the summer. Maybe just weighing up his options at this stage. Or alternatively maybe we weren't impressed.

Basically you don't have faith that RN and CL are competent enough to sign the right players, or you don't like their strategy overall. Tough tits! They are in charge, and will rightly be secretive about their plans.

How do you know we weren't in for Allan, Bakhtoui and Hemmings? Your frustration is based on a lack of information, not reality.

Well it would usually have been documented but never is!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Because we can find very good players for free. A transfer fee doesn't necessarily mean the player is very good but we've shown we will spend money if there is a very good player but there's no point when we can good players for free

Im not saying it does but players like Hemmings and May are different gravy

Well we should have plenty cash left over then as Robbie only thinks we need another 3/4 players to bring in.

Archived