Well Done AFC Wimbledon (NHC)

trago13

Delighted to see them promoted to League one in England today. Hopefully next season they stay in the division and MK get relegated.

Delighted to see them promoted to League one in England today. Hopefully next season they stay in the division and MK get relegated.

That would only be fair.

Jambos_1874

Would be amazing to see them "back" in the Premiership. I've been following their progress and their rise up the leagues has been impressive. Do they get reasonable attendances?

Stuart Lyon

Before the original Wimbledon was sold and became MK Dons I knew a guy called Charlie Addiman who was very involved in the club. He really put a lot of effort into it and I hope he is enjoying the resurgence of his beloved AFC Wimbledon.

Would be amazing to see them "back" in the Premiership. I've been following their progress and their rise up the leagues has been impressive. Do they get reasonable attendances?

Just checked a website and they get just over 4K. I'm sure that will increase as they progress. It's an all round good story as they are planning to move back into their home borough.

I'd also like to see MK to drop the Dons from their name as its really nothing to do with that club.

Better call Saul

Why do folk have an issue with MK !? What was the alternative for wimbeldon !

Don't get me wrong I don't understand why they have such an amazing 32 thousand seater stadium whilst maybe get an average of 8 thousand before being promoted it's worse than the echo dome stats.

chester copperpot

I'm assuming there's a lot of bad blood between the 2 sides since the move and split of the fanbase?

Not really took much interest in it tbh but looks like it might be a tasty fixture sometime soon.

Francis Albert

Well done Wimbledon. A pioneering example of fan ownership saving a club with over 100 years of history despite the money men's attempt to kill it.

Malinga the Swinga

Pretty poor show from AFC Wimbledon. Win at Wembley and they don't even bother invading the pitch at the end. Mustn't have been exuberant enough.

Dagger Is Back

Is that the same Lyle Taylor who was at Falkirk and Thistle? Scored 23 this season.

Looked a decent player

BelgeJambo

Why do folk have an issue with MK !? What was the alternative for wimbeldon !

Don't get me wrong I don't understand why they have such an amazing 32 thousand seater stadium whilst maybe get an average of 8 thousand before being promoted it's worse than the echo dome stats.

Wasn't it originally the English National Hockey stadium, so I am guessing it was minimal cost for them to do any development. On top of this I'm also guess that MK is a fast growing place

Is that the same Lyle Taylor who was at Falkirk and Thistle? Scored 23 this season.

Looked a decent player

Yes it's him.

frankblack

Well done Wimbledon. A pioneering example of fan ownership saving a club with over 100 years of history despite the money men's attempt to kill it.

They didn't save their club though - they created a new one.

Wimbledon FC is now MK Dons. The same as Livingston is the club formerly known as Meadowbank.

Francis Albert

Wimbledon FC is now MK Dons. The same as Livingston is the club formerly known as Meadowbank.

Francis Albert

jambo-fletch

I'm assuming there's a lot of bad blood between the 2 sides since the move and split of the fanbase?

Not really took much interest in it tbh but looks like it might be a tasty fixture sometime soon.

The MK Dons are pretty much a family club and don't really have a hooligan element at all. Afc Wimbledon fans have caused a bit of bother at the previous two visits to stadium MK. MK Dons haven't played at Afc Wimbledon yet, I'm sure they are in for a lovely welcome.

Francis Albert

of course they did. The real Wimbledon isn't the one in Milton Keynes.

Francis Albert

The MK Dons are pretty much a family club and don't really have a hooligan element at all. Afc Wimbledon fans have caused a bit of bother at the previous two visits to stadium MK. MK Dons haven't played at Afc Wimbledon yet, I'm sure they are in for a lovely welcome.

and if someone had moved hearts to east Kilbride or cumbernauld or Livingston I'd hope a real hearts would give them some welcome.

dinwoodie1

Big Akinfenwa released. 34 years old and built like a fridge but handy backup?

Captain Canada

He's definitely built for the Scottish game.

Well done to Wimbledon, would love to see them get up to the Premiership in the next few years. And win the FA Cup again.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Big Akinfenwa released. 34 years old and built like a fridge but handy backup?

He's a total bawbag.

Ibrahim Tall

and if someone had moved hearts to east Kilbride or cumbernauld or Livingston I'd hope a real hearts would give them some welcome.

Because picking fights with families is cool.

It's not MK Dons fans supporting their local team that killed Wimbledon it's the previous owners that ran them into the ground selling everything they could before trying to whore the club to every town and city in the British Isles without an EPL team.

By all accounts hate the team and its creation but anyone that trashes football grounds or attacks other supporters is a moron.

dinwoodie1

That he may very well be. Still might be a capable battering ram if needed. And if he turns out to be garbage you can just flay him living.

It's not MK Dons fans supporting their local team that killed Wimbledon it's the previous owners that ran them into the ground selling everything they could before trying to whore the club to every town and city in the British Isles without an EPL team.

Didnt they try to move to dublin as well?

scott herbertson

Didnt they try to move to dublin as well?

Yep - Sam Hamman planned to do that - they were even promising to fly Wimbledon fans over to Dublin free for games they were so desperatedesperate 

Thanks for reviving this thread Scott, an interesting read in hindsight

scott herbertson

Thanks for reviving this thread Scott, an interesting read in hindsight

It was the other one I revived

I  should avoid posting post pub it seems  :booze:

well done on th other one anyway :Blond-Moment:

frankblack

of course they did. The real Wimbledon isn't the one in Milton Keynes.

You are correct. The real Wimbledon is dead like Meadowbank.

AFC Wimbledon is a new club started by fans. Their fans deserve praise for getting them this far but they didn't save the old club.

scott herbertson

You are correct. The real Wimbledon is dead like Meadowbank.

AFC Wimbledon is a new club started by fans. Their fans deserve praise for getting them this far but they didn't save the old club.

They couldn't to be fair - it was moved by the owners to Milton Keynes. Shame on the FA for allowing that, not the fans who had no control of the situation, much like the position we were in in the latter years of Romanov

Better call Saul

I hope AFC finish next season ahead of MK.

The derby games next year will be carnage

I hope they don't ! afc fans are animals who wrecked as much as they could when they visited stadium MK then proceeded to look for decent MK Dons fans and pagger them ..arseholes .

I supported the original Wimbledon FC and there was no way we could save the club as the owners were determined to move and the FA sat by and watched. WFC finished in 2002 - even MK don't claim the old honours anymore.

I know there were some idiots who caused trouble at MK but the club has worked hard to root them out and ban them. It's not fair to say we are animals as I was there amongst the 22,000 at Wembley and the behaviour was exemplary.

What am I doing on here? I now live in Edinburgh and follow Hearts and Ed City when I can't get to see the Dons!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Matthew Le Tissier

I supported the original Wimbledon FC and there was no way we could save the club as the owners were determined to move and the FA sat by and watched. WFC finished in 2002 - even MK don't claim the old honours anymore.

I know there were some idiots who caused trouble at MK but the club has worked hard to root them out and ban them. It's not fair to say we are animals as I was there amongst the 22,000 at Wembley and the behaviour was exemplary.

What am I doing on here? I now live in Edinburgh and follow Hearts and Ed City when I can't get to see the Dons!

I remember when Wimbledon were near the end Saints took up almost 3/4 of the ground at Selhurst Park. We needed a win to stay up think the media dubbed it Dellhurst Park.

Glad AFC are moving on up MK are a joke of a franchise.

I remember when Wimbledon were near the end Saints took up almost 3/4 of the ground at Selhurst Park. We needed a win to stay up think the media dubbed it Dellhurst Park.

Glad AFC are moving on up MK are a joke of a franchise.

I remember it - the Saints fans were all wearing Fez hats!

Archived