Cyclists!!

Serge

Any motorists out there who hate cyclists watch this and get angry!

Any cyclists out there who hate buses, cars and pedestrians, watch this and feel smug...

I P Knightley
Any motorists out there who hate cyclists watch this and get angry!

Any cyclists out there who hate buses, cars and pedestrians, watch this and feel smug...

I'm a cyclist but don't hate buses, cars & pedestrians (or even cabbies & van drivers) - although many of them could do with a bit of awareness training.

1:00 to 1:40 are pretty much the start of my cycle route home from work - the bit where he just about gets taken out by a police Astra. There's no point in trying to tackle Oxford Street - certain death awaits.

Safe to say the majority of London cyclists are considerably less mental than what's depicted in this vid.

Stuart Lyon

Only on the pavement once. Much better than Edinburgh cyclists who seem to prefer the pavement to the road.

I P Knightley
No reflective clothing nor one hand signal :nono:

I saw him giving the Mini driver a hand signal.

Billy the Jambo

I fecking hate cyclists and after watching that hate them even more .I just wish one of the motorists knocked them flying when they were going through red lights or on the wrong side of the road .Now that would have been worth watching .If cyclists want to use the roads then they should pay road tax and have insurance .A few years ago my mate was giving me a lift and he knocked a guy of his bike when the cyclist went through a red light and he had the cheek to ask for my mates insurance details and claimed for a new bike .I would have told him to GTF if i was driving .Get cyclists of the road now

Dont have much time for cyclists either to be honest.

I wouldnt go as far as to say an all out "get them off the road" statement, but I would suggest that they should have to have some kinda training / licence before being allowed on the road - every other road user out there has to have an understanding of the rules of the road, what makes them any different?

They should also be made to pay some kinda tax for the priviledge, just like everyone else has to.

It should also be a requirement for them to have some kinda insurance as well, just like everyone else has to.

They should also be able to pick up driving / cycling convictions, just like everyone else can.

I reckon all road users with an engine should pay extra insurance to cover the damage inflicted on non polluting cyclists !!

Stuart Lyon

Non polluting? What about the showers they have (well some of them) when they get to work. The washing (well some of them) of cycle wear. The pollution they cause by blocking the road thus causing vehicles to slow down and emit more pollution.

Walking or cycling should be compulsory for all journeys under 7 miles; freeing up road space and improving the nations health in one easy stroke. :cool_shades:

The Old Tolbooth

Was I the only one hoping that the end of that clip would result in the cyclist being cabbaged by a London bus?

Smug tw@t!

I P Knightley

They should also be made to pay some kinda tax for the priviledge, just like everyone else has to.

It should also be a requirement for them to have some kinda insurance as well, just like everyone else has to.

They should also be able to pick up driving / cycling convictions, just like everyone else can.

I pay road tax - twice. OK, the car sits in the drive 5 or 6 days out of 7 but I'm still paying my share to ensure that there are decent roads & lighting or whatever the hell we pay that tax for.

Insurance is a good point - it ought to be available. I pay healthcare insurance that should cover any accident to me and the bike's covered by home insurance. There's nothing, though, for the eventuality that I carelessly ride into and damage a car or skelp a pedestrian.

I consider myself a careful but slightly aggressive cyclist (you have to be aggressive or you're toast) and feel that any near misses with other road users or pedestrians are 95% down to their carelessness. That said, I've seen plenty of other cyclists, like in this clip, who by their own risk-taking are likely to cause an accident and, under current regulations, are unlikely to be held liable.

As for the pollution. I'd like to apologise to anyone who suffered from my emission on New Oxford Street this morning at the traffic lights beside Morgans. Bad beer last night. Other than that, I don't have extra showers than I would using public transport - shower at work instead of at home in the morning not as well as...

...as for laundry, I'd like to make a further apology to anyone who's experienced my cycling gear by a Thursday or Friday...:o)

Professor.Arturo

Every one of them in that vid deserve to get creamed by a truck! sooner it happens the better!

ps. My sympathy would be with the truck driver.

- It's not a road tax - it's a vechicle tax.

- Don't think the money collected from the tax is actually ring fenced for using on the roads - have a feeling it goes into a pot with the rest of the money these ***** collect.

- There are bad cyclists and bad drivers - have cycled to work in the past but stopped - too dangerous and not worth the hassle to be honest.

- There are bad cyclists and bad drivers - have cycled to work in the past but stopped - too dangerous and not worth the hassle to be honest.

Difference being, that even the bad drivers have to have passed a test to be out on the road unsupervised.

Any mug can jump on a bike.

Boaby Ewing
I pay road tax - twice. OK, the car sits in the drive 5 or 6 days out of 7 but I'm still paying my share to ensure that there are decent roads & lighting or whatever the hell we pay that tax for.

Insurance is a good point - it ought to be available. I pay healthcare insurance that should cover any accident to me and the bike's covered by home insurance. There's nothing, though, for the eventuality that I carelessly ride into and damage a car or skelp a pedestrian.

Might have changed since I was a member, but I think joining the British Cyclist Federation covers you for that sort of thing.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/bchome/home.asp

Quite liked the tune on the vid.

Wish the black cab at the end had taken out two of them.

Anyone else see the boy almost get hid by the police car on or about 1min 28!?

How they didnt get chased I will never know.

As I cycle to work 2-3x a week (but am also a motorist) I have seen a fair share of idiotic cyclists AND drivers. Both seem to think that the rule to roads. Also, if drivers used their mirrors (like they are taught to do when undergoing driving lessons) then a few near misses I have had (much due to my own cautiousness as I know they wont bother their lassess asses to look in their mirrors) have been down to driver error. The lack of cyclists signialling is also a death wish.

I P Knightley
Anyone else see the boy almost get hid by the police car on or about 1min 28!?

How they didnt get chased I will never know.

Copper would've need to reverse back, get down the wrong die of 60m of road approaching a v. busy junction (more likely than not with a bendy bus coming at him despite any blues & 2s) and then hope to catch the cyclist somewhere on Oxford Street where it's difficult enough to get a bike down between the buses & pedestrians.

red21 - It's not a road tax - it's a vechicle tax.

It's the Road Fund Licence but I appreciate it's payable per vehicle. My point is really that I pay enough tax to these fekkers and can't think of a good reason for paying more just because I choose to cycle.

jamboinglasgow

As a driver and cyclist I like to think my cycling behaviour is a lot better than most of the people I see cycling around as:

-I dont go through red lights, they are red for a reason so I must stop

-I dont cycle on the pavement, a bike cant knock someone.

-I signial when turning, dont want a car to go into me.

-On cycle paths I slow down when going past pedestrians who have either not seen me or the space given to me is quite tight, too many just go flying past and if they had misjudged the gap they would knock people over.

- I say thanks to people who let me past when on a cycle path.

I respect and admire cyclists but they are jolly well annoying when driving

Doctor FinnBarr

I think their menaces! I remember a few years back a cycling organisation (SPOKES maybe) approached the Motorcycle Action Group in Edinburgh with a view to team up for protests etc. They were told in no uncertain terms to f off until their membership could understand the rules of the road (and obey them)!

:sterb032:

PresidentRomanov

I'm a car driver and a cyclist.

I use my bike when I'm going for a bevvy, as you can't lose your license for riding a bike ****ed :)

Was I the only one hoping that the end of that clip would result in the cyclist being cabbaged by a London bus?

Smug tw@t!

it's the only reason i watched the video till the end.

next time you will see them on youtube is gonna be a video of them looking like kebabs with extra chilli sauce splattered on oxford street, fingers crossed.:dribble:

Archived