Is Templeton any good?

Sydney

Maroon Mayhem

When I saw him a few times last year he certainly looks as if he's got really good balance and movement but he was very slight, time will tell id he bulks up.

Charlie-Brown

Yes he's a very good wee player, can sometimes be a bit too selfish but certainly has plenty skill - last time I saw him he still has to fully develop physically but the kid certainly has ability....maybe not a good analogy but Riordan was kinda similar regards build & physique at that age.

walton1983
Yes he's a very good wee player, can sometimes be a bit too selfish but certainly has plenty skill - last time I saw him he still has to fully develop physically but the kid certainly has ability....maybe not a good analogy but Riordan was kinda similar regards build & physique at that age.

He was released by Aberdeen as a youngster and played at Stenhousemuir. Talented player but physique against him. Would love to see him make it but have my doubts.

John Findlay

Keeps his attitude correct then he could possibly be a forward in the Donald Ford mould. Donald was not the bulkiest of a player. His footballing brain was second to none.

John

CornhillHearts

Nothing like Donald Ford, he has a chance and its a big year for him, he needs to fill out but.

According to a Raith Rovers fan he's very talented but, as others have said, lightweight. He started his loan spell with them well but then faded. The dip in his form coincided with him starting to wear yellow boots; a sign of bigheadedness? My friend did make the point that it's very difficult to play up front for Rovers due to the hopelessness of their midfield.

My friend did make the point that it's very difficult to play up front for Rovers due to the hopelessness of their midfield.

Sounds like ourselves!

Seymour M Hersh
He's fast and he's skillfill but he has the build of Zola Budd.

zola_budd_150x180.jpg

Surely the club can afford boots for him!!

I've not seen him but I ask those who have is he similar in physique to McGeady?

I would be suprised. Technically very good.

But hasn't impressed at Raith and with the way the club is that the moment with the development players it isn't that I can't see him being moulded into a first team plyer.

I'm afraid at the moment if you are to get into the first team as a young player then you will have to be really really good if you are going to stay. ie look at the likes of Elliot and Mole. They had decent ability but stagnated. Actually probably got worse.

Drylaw Hearts

I've not seen him but I ask those who have is he similar in physique to McGeady?

A 14 year old McGeady perhaps.

I've not seen him - is he going to make it?

Saw him play for Stenny in the Scottish cup against Preston Athletic a couple of years back,didn't really impress me at all,in fact I was talking to a Stenny fan and I said that if they had a centre forward they could have beaten Preston,I was kind fo taken aback when he told me that Templeton WAS their forward,I thought he was an attacking mid-fielder or a right winger at times.

Saw him play for Stenny in the Scottish cup against Preston Athletic a couple of years back,didn't really impress me at all,in fact I was talking to a Stenny fan and I said that if they had a centre forward they could have beaten Preston,I was kind fo taken aback when he told me that Templeton WAS their forward,I thought he was an attacking mid-fielder or a right winger at times.

Yeah was at that game. Did not impress me at all. Way to slight. Have seen him a few times since and he is still the same size.

Ivan Drago
I would be suprised. Technically very good.

But hasn't impressed at Raith and with the way the club is that the moment with the development players it isn't that I can't see him being moulded into a first team plyer.

I'm afraid at the moment if you are to get into the first team as a young player then you will have to be really really good if you are going to stay. ie look at the likes of Elliot and Mole. They had decent ability but stagnated. Actually probably got worse.

Am i correct in saying he didn't make the starting lineup for Raith in one of the play-off semi finals?

Was he injured? Because if not then i cant see him making it at Hearts if he's not even first choice for Raith...

Am i correct in saying he didn't make the starting lineup for Raith in one of the play-off semi finals?

Was he injured? Because if not then i cant see him making it at Hearts if he's not even first choice for Raith...

I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. He wasn't rated all that much at Starks Park (By the fans anyway).

Ivan Drago
I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. He wasn't rated all that much at Starks Park (By the fans anyway).

Its hardly a glowing reference. I know its a very simplistic way of looking at things and i don't know the actual circumstances, but thats 3 high profile youngsters we've sent out on loan now who haven't performed for whatever reason(s), which is worrying no matter how you look at it.

TBH when I found out Hearts were signing him I had to look about 3 times just to make sure it was the same player that I had seen.

Graeme Russell

Watched him play a couple of times against Brechin City last season.

Very slight figure but he is good on the ball and packs a decent shot when

he gets the chance. Think he lacks a bit of confidence but certainly needs

to baulk up a bit, makes twiggy look overweight.:)

Rawrrrrrrr

the raith fans where not overly impressed

Apparently too greedy, too weak and didnt bother when it didnt suit him

sounds like too many of our players, sadly I dont think he is going to have what it takes to step up to become a SPL regular

The talent is there though so maybe a decent manager will just about manage it

Ivan Drago
the raith fans where not overly impressed

Apparently too greedy, too weak and didnt bother when it didnt suit him

sounds like too many of our players, sadly I dont think he is going to have what it takes to step up to become a SPL regular

The talent is there though so maybe a decent manager will just about manage it

Perhaps its just attitude/lack of interest that are holding all our on-loan youngsters back?

Rawrrrrrrr
Perhaps its just attitude/lack of interest that are holding all our on-loan youngsters back?

Doubt it

I think most are just simply not good enough for FT professional football, Im sure there may be an exception (templeton most likely) but the likes of armstrongs, mclaughlin, pelosi etc should all be finishing there apprenticeships as sparkies and plumbers about now, not picking up a FT wage from us

Harsh but true

blondejamtart

Out of interest, Prancer - are there actually any of our younger players who you do actually rate? :angel:

Rawrrrrrrr
Out of interest, Prancer - are there actually any of our younger players who you do actually rate? :angel:

Yes but I am not going to delude myself that most of the average pish we do have will make it

Players with a chance imo (some have already made it)

Bjornson

Kelly - if he can get over injury

Rapnik

Brown

McGowan - As a centre half

Doherty - a bit older but if he can put his injuries behind him maybe

Husband

Glen

Eggert

Driver

Wallace

Elliot - Controversial I know but I reckon he has it

Templeton - make or break season needs to become more disciplined and a team player

The younger boys ( love, balatoni , wood etc etc) I havent seen enough of to share an opinion of.

Charlie-Brown
Yes but I am not going to delude myself that most of the average pish we do have will make it

Bjornson

Rapnik

Brown

Husband

Glen

Eggert

Driver

Wallace

Templeton - make or break season needs to become more disciplined and a team player

The younger boys ( love, balatoni , wood etc etc) I havent seen enough of to share an opinion of.

I would say our most promising youths are:

GK Bjornsson

RB J.Brown

LB M.Delands

CB McGowan (& Balatoni)

CB Rapnik

RM D.Thomson

CM McCallion (& J.Stewart)

LM Husband (& J.Woods)

RW Robinson (& Templeton)

CF Glen (& Love)

LW Visconte

GK Bjornsson

RB J.Brown

LB M.Delands

CB McGowan (& Balatoni)

CB Rapnik

RM D.Thomson

LM Husband (& J.Woods)

CF Glen (& Love)

LW Visconte

No Matt Park? Pity, I thought he was going to be decent.

Charlie-Brown
No Matt Park? Pity, I thought he was going to be decent.

He's slightly older than the kids I listed and I've only ever him seen him live once - looks decent enough but has had some injury & work permit problems.

Bjornson

Rapnik

Brown

Husband

Glen

Eggert

Driver

Wallace

No Pelosi??

Lochend Brazil
No Pelosi??

My workmate is a Raith fan and is involved with the board etc. He claimed that Pelosi fancys a crack at it down south and that he said that Templeton will not cut in SPL as he is to greedy and lightweight.

I had asked was Mrs Pelosi looking to move closer to Ashley and that my workmate replied by saying he said that he aint with her anymore.:P

GK Bjornsson

RB J.Brown

LB M.Delands

CB McGowan (& Balatoni)

CB Rapnik

RM D.Thomson

LM Husband (& J.Woods)

CF Glen (& Love)

LW Visconte

McCallion has been released.

Charlie-Brown
McCallion has been released.

Well there you go...the kid looked a skillful player so I'm surprised at that..how do you know this?

Rawrrrrrrr
Well there you go...the kid looked a skillful player so I'm surprised at that..how do you know this?

did he not have "issues" with the set up though

Charlie-Brown
did he not have "issues" with the set up though

I've no idea...did he? can you elaborate? :)

Rawrrrrrrr
I've no idea...did he? can you elaborate? :)

Well I had heard he was a bit of a ned whose social hobbies where at odds with professional football which caused the coaches and him to fall out

Charlie-Brown
Well I had heard he was a bit of a ned whose social hobbies where at odds with professional football which caused the coaches and him to fall out

ah okay - well that's a shame cos he seemed to be a decent player.....I remember when Ian Harty (currently an ageing striker in some SFL team) played at Hearts youths - the guy was really really talented and playing several years ahead of his age group but he came from a wild family clan notorius in the wishaw area and the chat was our then manager or coach sandy clark had him staying at his house on friday nights to make sure he wasn't out robbing cars or setting fire to chip shops etc. :wacko:

Archived