FoH New Stand Voting Result: 98% In Favour

kila

Will the 43 create badges with 43 on it and claim it was a fix and they won really and call for another vote if UK votes to leave EU ?

Surely the badges would say 1.14% on them.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't expect to see this question being an issue and it wasn't. Delighted that we're adapting according to our changing needs, and I'm excited to see what happens next.

People who are moaning about the 'no' voters need to get the **** over themselves to be honest.

Just a general point not aimed at anyone in particular.

Phil D. Corners

The only question is: What is best for the club?

It looks like 98.8% voted that way.

Let's look forward to a bright future.

Gigolo-Aunt

I'm always surprised at how much abuse FA gets for asking questions.  Asking questions is a healthy thing,

I'm always surprised at how much abuse FA gets for asking questions. Asking questions is a healthy thing,

I am not.

There is a lot of intolerant people on this board, as the abuse the 43 are getting shows.

Some is jest. A lot isn't, they are simply abuse.

Buffalo Bill

I am not "siding" with anyone. Just expressing my own opinions. I am disappointed you seem to object to that, from me and others.

No, I respect your right to an opinion. I respect the 43's right to theirs, and I respect your right to defend them, and your right to criticise the FoH. 

I'm simply expressing my opinion too.

Whilst I'm mocking the 43's reasoning, it's nothing 'personal' so to speak. The vote has been made and we move on.

Jambos1983

Would be interested to know the reasons why anyone would have voted against this to be honest. It's an absolute no brainer

132goals1958

Would be interested to know the reasons why anyone would have voted against this to be honest. It's an absolute no brainer

I would as well ---- Perhaps some of them inadvertently selected the wrong option. 

kingantti1874

I'm always surprised at how much abuse FA gets for asking questions. Asking questions is a healthy thing,

Of course, but not when you have an obsessive need to undermine everything FOH have ever done.. Other posters ask question in a fair balanced fashion and usually recognise the many many brilliant things which have been made possible by Ann budge and FOH.

I'll be polite here

and say it is his posting style that gets people's back up against him.

Francis Albert

Of course, but not when you have an obsessive need to undermine everything FOH have ever done.. Other posters ask question in a fair balanced fashion and usually recognise the many many brilliant things which have been made possible by Ann budge and FOH.

I've spent the best of a grand so far in undermining FoH. I thought donating money was a subtler approach than hiring a plane to overfly Tynie.

Francis Albert

I'll be polite here

and say it is his posting style that gets people's back up against him.

Where's that Kenneth Williams gif when you need it?

kingantti1874

I've spent the best of a grand so far in undermining FoH. I thought donating money was a subtler approach than hiring a plane to overfly Tynie.

Francis, honestly I'm not bothered what you say you've spent and btw I don't doubt you have.. Some of points you make are absolutely valid, some however have demostarted an almost compulsive need to criticise, genuinely in the years since FOH came together you could count the positive posts on one hand which is ridiculous really given the huge progress made overall, your like the boy who cried wolf .. The valid points are lost in the sea of crap.. I've no doubt you think your playing a role, but you've got the balance all wrong..

Anyway - I've been having this debate with you for years, not interested in doing it again.. Seems you can't teach an old dog new tricks - which is a shame.. Because occasionally you post something we should all be paying attention to..

Straightfromtheheart

No email for me either.but would have been a year from me. To see how far the club has come since the first FOH public meeting in the gorgie suite to on the way to owning our club with a refurbished stadium with increased revenue streams and in Europe.

Ive had the email telling me the result.

But i received nothing about the vote.

Unless i deleted it by accident

This

Hackney Hearts

I'm always surprised at how much abuse FA gets for asking questions.  Asking questions is a healthy thing,

There are quite a few people who ask questions - which is a good thing, as you say.

It's the positive spin from FOH that FA seems to be complaining about here.The problem with his posts, ironically, is they're full of unnecessary spin (of the negative variety).

There's a good chance that some 'fat fingers' also voted wrong way. I'd like to think further down the line Hearts can put in some safe standing areas as well. Budge doesn't appear to fancy it but once she's gone the fans will decide on that as long as authorities agree.

The 1.14%, your reasons please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunt them down, democracy is not welcome huh?

Hunt them down, democracy is not welcome huh?

No, much preferred Mad Vlad's dictatorship!

Francis Albert

Francis, honestly I'm not bothered what you say you've spent and btw I don't doubt you have.. Some of points you make are absolutely valid, some however have demostarted an almost compulsive need to criticise, genuinely in the years since FOH came together you could count the positive posts on one hand which is ridiculous really given the huge progress made overall, your like the boy who cried wolf .. The valid points are lost in the sea of crap.. I've no doubt you think your playing a role, but you've got the balance all wrong..

Anyway - I've been having this debate with you for years, not interested in doing it again.. Seems you can't teach an old dog new tricks - which is a shame.. Because occasionally you post something we should all be paying attention to..

Hesitate to respond because I know it will simply lead to more accusations of "negativity". And I never wanted a debate with you, let alone want to continue it after years.

Since I am not a public service broadcaster funded by licence payers and tax payers I have no obligation to be "balanced". It's not in any event a common quality on FoH.

Although I have quite often praised FoH (always ignored of course) I freely admit that I am far more often "negative" - if "negative" means questioning or critical. That is no doubt partly due to a contrary nature but also because I think there is never any shortage of praise and admiration for FoH (us). Not least from FoH Directors, from whom hardly any message is complete without reference to "the greatest fan movement in Scottish football history", "our achievenents will resound down future generations of Hearts fans" and the like. Personally I find that sort of self-praise a bit offpiutting. It's geat when when someone else praises you, less so when you are praising yourself.

Now here is a constructive thought (in some sense "negative" but nonetheless I think constructive). FoH 's prime objective since the CVA was agreed has been to increase membership and subscriptions. In this they/we seem to have singularly failed, with levels remaining (as far as one can tell) at around 8000 at an average of ?15 per month. Now to sustain that level is a great achievement (note - positive comment) and I have my doubts about how much room there is to improve on that (OK maybe negative, but my opinion). But if that remains the prime objective maybe some change of message and tone might help, (One of the very few posters who admitted to not backing FoH used to deride some of the self-aggrandising stuff). Maybe a better vision of what ownership will mean in practice would help (even many FoH members seem to be dubious about the benefits or indeed whether there are any). I don't know, but I for one could live without more "greatest fan movement in Scottish football history" stuff, let alone being expected to repeat it.

FarmerTweedy

I think because the voting method and that the email for some members ended up either in spam or stupidity filtered by the likes of Gmail, not everyone who wanted to voted.

They need to come up with a better system in house: log into the FoH website as a member and cast your vote there, as well as email reminders for those still to vote (unless someone explicitly opt out of voting that particular time). If they need help with that, they could ask if any FoH members would give their IT ability for free during the new stand and Bidco buyout phase (I would if asked).

Getting mobile numbersfrom members and texting reminders to them of any votes, or major news,would probably be a good idea. Might come at a cost to send the texts, but there are prices worth paying to get governance, etc,done correctly.

Will the 43 create badges with 43 on it and claim it was a fix and they won really and call for another vote if UK votes to leave EU ?

:illogical: 

Jamboelite

This should be a copy and paste job absolutely spot on.

colinmaroon

Hesitate to respond because I know it will simply lead to more accusations of "negativity". And I never wanted a debate with you, let alone want to continue it after years.

Since I am not a public service broadcaster funded by licence payers and tax payers I have no obligation to be "balanced". It's not in any event a common quality on FoH.

Although I have quite often praised FoH (always ignored of course) I freely admit that I am far more often "negative" - if "negative" means questioning or critical. That is no doubt partly due to a contrary nature but also because I think there is never any shortage of praise and admiration for FoH (us). Not least from FoH Directors, from whom hardly any message is complete without reference to "the greatest fan movement in Scottish football history", "our achievenents will resound down future generations of Hearts fans" and the like. Personally I find that sort of self-praise a bit offpiutting. It's geat when when someone else praises you, less so when you are praising yourself.

Now here is a constructive thought (in some sense "negative" but nonetheless I think constructive). FoH 's prime objective since the CVA was agreed has been to increase membership and subscriptions. In this they/we seem to have singularly failed, with levels remaining (as far as one can tell) at around 8000 at an average of ?15 per month. Now to sustain that level is a great achievement (note - positive comment) and I have my doubts about how much room there is to improve on that (OK maybe negative, but my opinion). But if that remains the prime objective maybe some change of message and tone might help, (One of the very few posters who admitted to not backing FoH used to deride some of the self-aggrandising stuff). Maybe a better vision of what ownership will mean in practice would help (even many FoH members seem to be dubious about the benefits or indeed whether there are any). I don't know, but I for one could live without more "greatest fan movement in Scottish football history" stuff, let alone being expected to repeat it.

I am doubling my DD as a result of this announcement about the Stand etc. 

Just for a bit of balance!

FarmerTweedy

All I can see is you making your usual sarky remarks when asked a reasonable question.

I have been offline for a couple of weeks so if you could oblige and answer a question in a reasonable manner it would save trawling through pages of waffle.

I am not sure why I am obliged to save you trawling through pages of waffle. But in short, the idea that the only way for the club to raise ?3m is to get a donation from FoH members is stupid. If we had voted agaisnst the club would have just given up on building a new stand?

You're probably right there, but the idea that the best way to raise ?3m, certainly from the point of view of what's most beneficial for the club, is to ask the FoH members to provide it over the next couple of years, delaying the purchase of the club for a while, is most definitely not stupid, far from it in fact.

The only alternative you seem to have been able to come up with is a vague plan to somehow find 100 fans that each have 30 grand kicking around that they'd be happy to lend to Hearts for an unspecified period of time for a 5% per annum return, with all the risk inherent in lending to a football club, particularly one that was in administration a couple of years ago. That's an alternative that not only has no guarantee of being an actual option, but also would come with an annual cost of ?150k to the club in interest alone, never mind legal costs involved in setting up such an arrangement.

It's unlikely the club would have given up on the idea of building a new stand if the vote had been a no, but only an idiot would think it would be a simple and straightforward case of just getting ?3m somewhere else and carrying on regardless. Only an idiot would think other possible sources of that funding wouldn't be likely to come at a significant cost. Only an idiot would think there wasn't at least a possibility that the benefactors putting up a significant amount of the funding for the project would reconsider putting their money in if the FoH members weren't also willing to back the project. Only an idiot wouldn't think a result of 'no' wouldn't at least have a significant possibility of delaying the whole project, potentially costing the club millions of pounds in lost revenue and otherwise avoidable maintenance costs.

FarmerTweedy

See my previous post. The club would have had no difficulty in raising ?3m. It would have cost more, but would have been affordable, and it wouldn't have delayed fan ownership. We have rightly voted for a better option but the Thatcherite "TINA" is nonsense. Oops I've now accused FoH of being both Stalinist and Thatcherite. Must be some sort of record.

All of the stuff in bold is pure conjecture on your part. There's no guarantee at all that the club would have been able to raise the ?3m no problem, although I'd imagine it's highly likely they'd have managed to. It's also not absolutely guaranteed that it would cost more, although I think it's extremely likely it would. It's also not guaranteed that it would be affordable, although that's such a subjective term that it would be pretty much impossible to argue otherwise in any circumstances.

Good turnout ie. amount of people voting

happy days

If you compare that to say other elections then the percentage of people who are eligible to vote and the ones that do vote is roughly the same across the board. So yeah decent turnout. 

John Findlay

The results in. It won't change. Let's get the stand built and move on.

Unknown user

I'm happy with the vote and the result but I'm also uneasy that they felt the need to spin this.

I don't like spin, it's a basic disrespect to people because it's attempting to manipulate their thinking.

I don't like that they've turned to spin, it shouldn't be Them and Us, WE are the bloody FoH and I want things clearly and honestly laid out, downside included.

As others have said this is a bit of a worrying precedent, there are likely to be more controversial issues where spin might make a difference to the result and I definitely wouldn't be happy at all if that was the case.

So aye, happy with the result, reservations about the way the info was presented.

I'm happy with the vote and the result but I'm also uneasy that they felt the need to spin this.

I don't like spin, it's a basic disrespect to people because it's attempting to manipulate their thinking.

I don't like that they've turned to spin, it shouldn't be Them and Us, WE are the bloody FoH and I want things clearly and honestly laid out, downside included.

As others have said this is a bit of a worrying precedent, there are likely to be more controversial issues where spin might make a difference to the result and I definitely wouldn't be happy at all if that was the case.

So aye, happy with the result, reservations about the way the info was presented.

Nice post, exactly where I am!

Tommy Brown

I obviously spend too much time on here or on the wrong threads.

I was completely unaware of a vote...oops.

Was there a thread on here? Should I have an email?

Yes, I subscribe.

Edit:

Just checked, got an email on 18th May, fud!

MacDonald Jardine

That's where I am too.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean we can't fill the corners at a later date?

Yes sorry. A wee typo

Archived