The Rangers post-cup sideshow

Jammy T

All roads lead to Gorgie

Nobody is saying it was rangers fault and hibs are 90% to blame for the shameful scenes but the sectarian singing is an issue that has to be highlighted and needs condemning as well. There would be more respect for rangers if they also made a condemning statement about that but the silence is deafening on that so far anyway !

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bobskeldon

Nobody is saying it was rangers fault and hibs are 90% to blame for the shameful scenes but the sectarian singing is an issue that has to be highlighted and needs condemning as well. There would be more respect for rangers if they also made a condemning statement about that but the silence is deafening on that so far anyway !

I agree that Sevco should have condemned the sectarian singing! BUT and it's a big but, I didn't hear Hearts condemning the sectarian singing in the Heart's end at Parkhead this season (or any season for that matter). 

One thing in all this, I'm glad that we have Ann Budge at our club. If our fans act stupidly she doesn't waffle or excuse, but acknowledges it and takes action. Hibs and Rangers officials on the other hand...

bobskeldon

One thing in all this, I'm glad that we have Ann Budge at our club. If our fans act stupidly she doesn't waffle or excuse, but acknowledges it and takes action. Hibs and Rangers officials on the other hand...

Sometimes...see above post!

Nelly Terraces

Am I the only person who's finding this whole saga popcorn crunchingly hilarious? Hoping the fallout lasts for a while yet.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I agree that Sevco should have condemned the sectarian singing! BUT and it's a big but, I didn't hear Hearts condemning the sectarian singing in the Heart's end at Parkhead this season (or any season for that matter). 

I wonder if that was coming from the so called young team which the club has dealt with strongly. If it is some old bigots involved then I wish they would stop associating with our club and I would hope the club would ban anyone of their twisted logic !

Fortunately I don't have to vote for tinpot MSPs, but are they MSPs of a 'parish' and not constituencies like proper MPs?

Nothing tinpot about MSPs but they do as you say represent a constituency. A parish is represented by a minister or a priest. This farcical mud slinging from the huns will continue to amuse us until the transfer klaxon sounds. I'm almost sick of popcorn.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Cut The Crap

Am I the only person who's finding this whole saga popcorn crunchingly hilarious?

No.

Jambothump

Surely when Rangers DIED and reincarnated as ZOMBIE SEVCO they then have a clean slate, no? Or is that reserved for when it suits people?

Yes the club/company died leaving massive debts, their contemptible support remain, with no recognition of their previous wrongs.

Both clubs have come out it looking bad, which is pleasing.

Hibs for me take the majority of the blame, but Rangers certainly weren't blameless. 'He started it' doesn't cut any ice with bairns, let alone middle aged men.

bobskeldon

I wonder if that was coming from the so called young team which the club has dealt with strongly. If it is some old bigots involved then I wish they would stop associating with our club and I would hope the club would ban anyone of their twisted logic !

Unfortunately it wasn't just some wee laddies! At the 0-0 game it felt we were back watching a game in the 1980s. The bile was being sung loud and proud

by a hundreds of fans of all ages including a father and child near us. AB must have heard it, it was very audible!!!  

Am I the only person who's finding this whole saga popcorn crunchingly hilarious? Hoping the fallout lasts for a while yet.

Many of us are loving it my friend. 

Lincon Premier

Too many Huns without bus fares on here. No matter how wrong Hibs fans were to invade the pitch, I still see many trying to take Sevco's side. So to be clear I hate Celtic, Sevco, Hibs and Aberdeen but not necessarily in that order. However many are jumping on the bandwagon defending a club with the most vile supporters in the country. The statement is a deflection from what their own fans did, and without video evidence I still don't believe their players were assaulted. TV pictures show Sevco players leaving the pitch, none of whom look any the worse for wear. What I have seen is a Sevco blazer kicking out at a passing Hibs fan.

Too many willing to attack Hibs without any evidence. Yes they should not have invaded the pitch, yes they should be punished for that, but which set of fans did it in excitement and which did it to cause trouble?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Unfortunately it wasn't just some wee laddies! At the 0-0 game it felt we were back watching a game in the 1980s. The bile was being sung loud and proud

by a hundreds of fans of all ages including a father and child near us. AB must have heard it, it was very audible!!!  

I know there is a lot of provocation when it involves celtic but that is sad to hear . People need to grow up and support us for the right reasons and help grow the support rather than put people off !

Ron Burgundy

Too many Huns without bus fares on here. No matter how wrong Hibs fans were to invade the pitch, I still see many trying to take Sevco's side. So to be clear I hate Celtic, Sevco, Hibs and Aberdeen but not necessarily in that order. However many are jumping on the bandwagon defending a club with the most vile supporters in the country. The statement is a deflection from what their own fans did, and without video evidence I still don't believe their players were assaulted. TV pictures show Sevco players leaving the pitch, none of whom look any the worse for wear. What I have seen is a Sevco blazer kicking out at a passing Hibs fan.

Too many willing to attack Hibs without any evidence. Yes they should not have invaded the pitch, yes they should be punished for that, but which set of fans did it in excitement and which did it to cause trouble?

You won ,enjoy your day in the sun, stop trolling message boards.

Nothing tinpot about MSPs but they do as you say represent a constituency. A parish is represented by a minister or a priest. This farcical mud slinging from the huns will continue to amuse us until the transfer klaxon sounds. I'm almost sick of popcorn.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Thanks

ROFL at 'the Parish of Govan' then. PMSL.

Poor wee Govan parishioners.... I'm sure they'll feel better after a wee prayer.

It's brilliant.

And let's face it it's been a great way to focus on something other than Hibs winning the ****ing thing.

No doubt some Hibs fans were hell bent on causing trouble, making a charge towards the Rangers end. Fact.

Aye right - now toddle off sonny.

King of the North

It's great isn't it. I hope Rangers are successful in their bid to have hibs kicked out of Europe, the seethe over the road would be tremendous.

bobskeldon

I know there is a lot of provocation when it involves celtic but that is sad to hear . People need to grow up and support us for the right reasons and help grow the support rather than put people off !

Be careful, there may be trouble ahead! Supporting any of my views and/or being critical of our own support

is not the done thing because bigger boys do it more!

Craig Gordons Gloves

Turns out the Vanguard Bears are crowdfunding to pay the legal fees of any hun that gets charged after invading the pitch

Turns out the Vanguard Bears are crowdfunding to pay the legal fees of any hun that gets charged after invading the pitch

The amount they are crowdfunding for? ?1690.

noidletalk81

The above statement to me is a statement that gives the message we are Rangers. We are the people. You will bend to our will.

It is the statement of the bully and the underlying threats behind it are a disgrace.

Let Rangers provide proof beyond doubt that they had six players and staff physically and verbally assaulted. To date I have not seen proof that is beyond doubt. This is to deflect from the bad behaviour of their own fans. In the letting off of flares. Singing songs that are un-appropriate. One which clearly calling Alan Stubbs a sad f e n I a n basted. Rangers regardless of what some may think they are not the total innocents they want to portray.

Having said all of the above. They are less guilty than Hibernian FC.

Hibernian FC supporters were beyond the pail yesterday and those in charge of that club have been totally useless in condemning the actions of thousands of their supporters yesterday and to the many who went looking for a fight and got one.

Hibernian FC deserve all that will be coming their way and I personally hope it is severe, very severe. Dempster and Petrie have totally mucked up their response to this and lukewarm/insipid doesn't come close to describing their actions or rather lack of them.

However Rangers must not be allowed to drive any investigation and the SFA should tell them in no uncertain terms no more inflammatory statements.

The SFA have to step upto the mark here and take charge of this situation immediately. If not then Rangers and their media friends will be running this and that is totally unacceptable.

Great post.

Hibs should and will get hammered for the pitch invasion and approaching the Rangers end, but the witch hunt they are independently conducting without any evidence is utterly shameful for any professional establishment to behave...especially when they are calculatingly fabricating reality.

We shall be kept waiting a long-time for any evidence of 'attacks' on their players...because it's all fantasy land illusion!

Kenny Miller's wife has even branded them lairs, after they claimed he was punched twice and knocked to the ground. Lee Wallace was also alleged to have been left with cuts and bruises, yet is seen walking off the park and shaking hands with Stubbs...looking perfectly fine.

Perhaps they should just concentrate on the truth of the events, including a healthy proportion of their support that felt compelled to respond to the taunting with physical violence...something they have done rather well over the decades.

On a side note, I never thought I would say it but kudos to the Sun for being the only rag to highlight the two Rangers supporters that attempted to abduct the young laddie. Who knows where he would have ended up.

Ron Burgundy

Great post.

Hibs should and will get hammered for the pitch invasion and approaching the Rangers end, but the witch hunt they are independently conducting without any evidence is utterly shameful for any professional establishment to behave...especially when they are calculatingly fabricating reality.

We shall be kept waiting a long-time for any evidence of 'attacks' on their players...because it's all fantasy land illusion!

Kenny Miller's wife has even branded them lairs, after they claimed he was punched twice and knocked to the ground. Lee Wallace was also alleged to have been left with cuts and bruises, yet is seen walking off the park and shaking hands with Stubbs...looking perfectly fine.

Perhaps they should just concentrate on the truth of the events, including a healthy proportion of their support that felt compelled to respond to the taunting with physical violence...something they have done rather well over the decades.

On a side note, I never thought I would say it but kudos to the Sun for being the only rag to highlight the two Rangers supporters that attempted to abduct the young laddie. Who knows where he would have ended up.

You're still gutted that the huns beat your beloved Timothy in the semi.

No attacks on players?

What a tit.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

Couldn't have worked out much better for any neutral.

tartofmidlothian

It's great isn't it. I hope Rangers are successful in their bid to have hibs kicked out of Europe, the seethe over the road would be tremendous.

And they let St Johnstone in.

Great post.

Hello, this is 2016 calling. Look on social Media, you tube, anywhere you like and you'll see Rangers players and fans being assaulted. I don't really give a shite, but the truth is out there.

ToadKiller Dog

The comments attributed to Kenny Millers wife ,we're they not proved to be faked .

I see attempts are being made to put up smoke and mirrors with conspiracy theories etc .

Also now attempts to turn it into a Rangers v Celtic spatt .

I believe the Orc players were attacked not beaten to a pulp ,but even a push is an assault and workers deserve the right to do their job without fear of assault .

Of course if it didn't happen it will easily be found out with the police investigation .

Simple truth is a large minority of Hibs fans behaved in a way which has brought the game into dispute ,they will face punishment ,some will do jail time

Hibs as a club will lose out financially

The Orcs were no angels either hopefully they also will face charges from the sfa for the chanting and the minority who went on the pitch in response to the Hibs players also getting a knock on the door from the plods .

Coburg Hearts

Hello, this is 2016 calling. Look on social Media, you tube, anywhere you like and you'll see Rangers players and fans being assaulted. I don't really give a shite, but the truth is out there.

Personal insults are against forum rules.

Kidding :-)

ILoveYouRudi

Out curiosity, if Rangers had seen out the game and won 2-1, do you think some of their fans might have invaded the pitch themselves? I have no idea personally.

Personal insults are against forum rules.

Kidding :-)

Ha Ha

Genuine question - do you have links to clear evidence of the players assaults? You are right - in today's age there should be evidence all over the place.

The Lee Wallace incident looks about the clearest from what I have seen but its just photo stills. In some respects they reminded me of the Rudi - Lennon gob photo that he was slated by the press for...which we all denied as being conclusive of anything and probably photoshopped.

Genuine question - do you have links to clear evidence of the players assaults? You are right - in today's age there should be evidence all over the place.

The Lee Wallace incident looks about the clearest from what I have seen but its just photo stills. In some respects they reminded me of the Rudi - Lennon gob photo that he was slated by the press for...which we all denied as being conclusive of anything and probably photoshopped.

Sorry but I feel you are letting personal bias get in the way of the truth

If this had been say Inverness players on the receiving end I doubt you or 99% of those who for some reason seem to doubt the reports would be 'living in denial' and that's what you are doing.

noidletalk81

The question should be more directed at the 'fact' that why in the advanced multi-cultural age of 2016 are 'we' the only club outside the bigots from Glasgow that seem compelled to indulge in sectarian behaviour?? It's an issue a 'healthy' percentage of our support don't want to address, for the simple reason they wish to continue on with this perverse urban legend that we are a traditional Loyalist fanbase.

TheTeamForMe

I'm glad that Hibs won. I wanted The Rangers to win because I thought the world would end if the wee team won. It hasn't and I'm glad that the wee team has stopped The Rangers from winning it's first ever SC and also kept them out of Europe for next season. The Rangers is a vile club and an embarrassment to Scotland and if they ever make it to a final again I will be wanting their opposition to win whether it's Hibs,Celtic or the Sheep. The sooner The Rangers die the better!

The question should be more directed at the 'fact' that why in the advanced multi-cultural age of 2016 are 'we' the only club outside the bigots from Glasgow that seem compelled to indulge in sectarian behaviour?? It's an issue a 'healthy' percentage of our support don't want to address, for the simple reason they wish to continue on with this perverse urban legend that we are a traditional Loyalist fanbase.

Put a number on your healthy percentage please.

HeartOfWestLothian

Out curiosity, if Rangers had seen out the game and won 2-1, do you think some of their fans might have invaded the pitch themselves? I have no idea personally.

Doubt it since they didn't do it against celtic in the semi final which would have been a more emotional win for their supporters. 

noidletalk81

If you wish to direct me to the link proving the Rangers players where indeed 'attacked', then fire away. Out of the countless videos and images I have viewed thus far, there is nothing. So i'll continue to call it the obligatory hun bullshit until I see tangible evidence...I presume I will be waiting.

noidletalk81

Put a number on your healthy percentage please.

Impossible to place a specific number on it, but certainly much more than the 'minority' shite that is peddled on here and other platforms.

ILoveYouRudi

Doubt it since they didn't do it against celtic in the semi final which would have been a more emotional win for their supporters. 

Yeah but that's where you start wondering if the security/police thought that there wouldnt be as much potential trouble at a vermin-Rangers final as an OF semi final. How wrong they were.

HeartOfWestLothian

If you wish to direct me to the link proving the Rangers players where indeed 'attacked', then fire away. Out of the countless videos and images I have viewed thus far, there is nothing. So i'll continue to call it the obligatory hun bullshit until I see tangible evidence...I presume I will be waiting.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sport/football/7166497/Watch-Hibs-fans-attack-Rangers-keeper-Wes-Foderingham-after-pitch-invasion-at-the-end-of-the-Scottish-Cup-final.html

noidletalk81

You're still gutted that the huns beat your beloved Timothy in the semi.

No attacks on players?

What a tit.

Timothy! Haha! Nice to see your cognitive impairment still has you firmly locked in to futile mode, such a pity laddie!

If your claiming players where indeed 'attacked' then let's see them then.

Impossible to place a specific number on it, but certainly much more than the 'minority' shite that is peddled on here and other platforms.

A majority of Hearts fans wish to be seen as being Loyalists? Do you actually believe that?

HeartOfWestLothian

Yeah but that's where you start wondering if the security/police thought that there wouldnt be as much potential trouble at a vermin-Rangers final as an OF semi final. How wrong they were.

I think the game was classed as category C so the police knew there was the potential of trouble. I don't know why there wasn't more stewards and police at trackside when the final whistle went, you would have thought they would be on standby. Hopefully it all comes out though, embarrassing for our game this. 

ILoveYouRudi

I've tried to be impartial about this and didnt go steaming in when I heard reports of "6 Rangers players + Weir assaulted by Hibs fans", but there is definitely footage of a Hibs fan swinging (admittedly not necessarily making contact with) Lee Wallace, that can be found here: https://twitter.com/JackMcKelvie/status/734086007717519360

There is also footage of Wes Foderingham being shoved in the back by one mutant as he ran past, which is here: https://twitter.com/Wilf1872/status/734129185904599040

I would personally question whether either is worthy of the wall-to-wall, riot-watch coverage we've been getting in Scotland over the weekend. But the point remains, it's a disgrace that any Hibs fan would do that kind of thing in their moment of 'glory'.

noidletalk81

A majority of Hearts fans wish to be seen as being Loyalists? Do you actually believe that?

I never mentioned 'majority', I clearly stated the mere 'minority' that is perpetually claimed on here is complete and utter pish, it's much more than a small few. Those that get hot and bothered by such truth are simply a reflection of the problem we have with this scum element...and they are scum in true sense of the word. Anyone that deliberate wishes to associate their pseudo-religious or fraternal organisational agenda to our proud club should be castrated!

If our fans had been allowed to invade the pitch in 2012 after our 1-5 victory do you seriously believe that none of the Hibs players would have received a slap or two? Conversely if the Hibs had won that game and gained access to the pitch would Rudi have escaped unharmed or even, alive? The blame for this lies predominantly with the SFA who were in charge of security for the cup final and failed miserably to stop the encroachment. And finally, If no invasion had taken place would Rangers get punished for the flares and the sectarian singing? 

Archived