mourinho new man u boss

Ferryjambo99

kingantti1874

I've never rated Mourinho, I find that he builds up fans expectation with his big mouth & more often than not cannot deliver, and when he has delivered it has been through expensive purchases, but the main point is that he couldn't win the champions league with Chelsea with the blank chequebook given to him.

I sincerely hope that Man United plummet even further than they already have

More often than not does not deliver? That is a truly bizarre comment given statistically he is in the top 2 managers of all time for delivering success and Has won the title at every club he's been at and only finished outside the top 2 in the league twice..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More often than not does not deliver? That is a truly bizarre comment given statistically he is in the top 2 managers of all time for delivering success and Has won the title at every club he's been at and only finished outside the top 2 in the league twice..

He also has the highest win rate on top flight English football ever. Even including last season.

You mean a guy who had infinite spending power for every single one of those games done well?

I am shocked.

He'll come in, spend a fortune, get a tune out of those players for 2 seasons, they'll get fed up with him and he'll be punted.

gashauskis9

He'll come in, spend a fortune, get a tune out of those players for 2 seasons, they'll get fed up with him and he'll be punted.

This. The guy's bought every trophy he's ever won.

He didn't at Porto. And in comparison to other Champions Leagie teams, he didn't at Inter either.

As for the others, he perhaps did, but he had big spending rivals too. Like it or not, that is the market he is in, one which many managers have failed in.

He won the UEFA cup and Champions League with Porto.

Also won the Champions League with an ageing Inter team.

The Internet

Common misconception for the reasons stated above. He gets the best jobs because he's the best around. I don't like him, I think his antics at Real Madrid showed him up for the twat he is, but you can't argue with his record.

It's like the people who knock Guardiola because he had amazing players to work with at Barca. They don't realise they were third and miles off the pace the year before he took over and turned them into one of the best teams of all time.

He didn't at Porto. And in comparison to other Champions Leagie teams, he didn't at Inter either.

As for the others, he perhaps did, but he had big spending rivals too. Like it or not, that is the market he is in, one which many managers have failed in.

Spot on. So many people say that he buys success but he is at clubs that give him a remit of instant success, not to build for the future necessarily. Man utd fans talk about the class of 92 and quite rightly but even in that great team, they did buy a lot of players. Not in the millions of pounds bracket all the time but a fair few of that great time were bought

Pistol1874

Stinking rich boss gets job at stinking rich club who play in a stinking rich league who employ very well paid to stinking rich players. Put the great one up here at a run of mill no budget club then let's see how great he is, or pick any of the cheque book managers put them up here and let's see how they cope. Jealous no.......but as Scotland is part of the same land mass let's see a more even distribution of cash please.

Same with mainland Europe. The Lichtenstein and Andorran leagues are chronically underfunded compared to Germany, France and Spain. Not on.

kingantti1874

Bought every trophy he's ever won? Other than the fact that's not true I struggle to think of a big team around Europe not spending hundreds of millions..

I don't recall him spending money at inter? I could be wrong.

Same with Porto, I'm sure he did, but it wouldn't have been vast sums of money.

Unknown user

You mean a guy who had infinite spending power for every single one of those games done well?

I am shocked.

If its that easy and that's all that's happening, the guy with most money to spend would win every competition every year.

It's not enough to have access to transfer fees - look how many managers haven't matched his achievements in the same jobs with the same funds

Never rated Mourinho :lol:

To be fair, I thought Fergie was over rated.

me neither, just heard him on radio say that he would like to forget the last 3 years now that he has a big club in his hands,

Archived