Tom and Jerry, Sylvester and Tweety Pie

jambothommo

jambothommo

Was listening to the game last night fully supporting Fakirk and must say I nearly hit the roof and scared the neighbours when that injury time goal went in, with no time for the Hibbees to save it. But shortly after the interviews had finished and the broken Stubbsie had said his piece with some class it must be said, I started to feel a little sadness. Not so much for Hibs, but for us as Jambos. Older readers will remember Tom and Jerry, and Sylvester and Tweety Pie. The cats would spend every episode trying to kill or maim their much smaller inferior prey. But if they ever did truly get their hands on their prey, that would be the end of the story. For without the prey - their "bitch" in modern parlance - there is no edge or spice to the story.

So I must say I ended up the evening feeling a bit like Tom in the Night Before Christmas having just turfed Jerry out into the freezin cold. Snuggled up in front of the roaring log fire, feeling great because he was having a great time, had achieved his lifetime mission. He knew the little mouse couldn't possibly survive out in the cold. He'd achieved his lifetime goal. Suddenly he's filled with remorse. There will now be no more plotting and scheming, chasing the mouse round the house. He gets up and goes outside, finds the mouse, and to his relief he manages to revive him. And within hours they're back to hating each other again and life goes on as we know it.

Personally I'd have seen Hibs come up and 'Hibsit' in the Cup final. That would have kept the normal way of things going.

But I fear the wee mouse might actually freeze to death now, and things might never be the same around this house again.

@VladMagic

Was listening to the game last night fully supporting Fakirk and must say I nearly hit the roof and scared the neighbours when that injury time goal went in, with no time for the Hibbees to save it. But shortly after the interviews had finished and the broken Stubbsie had said his piece with some class it must be said, I started to feel a little sadness. Not so much for Hibs, but for us as Jambos. Older readers will remember Tom and Jerry, and Sylvester and Tweety Pie. The cats would spend every episode trying to kill or maim their much smaller inferior prey. But if they ever did truly get their hands on their prey, that would be the end of the story. For without the prey - their "bitch" in modern parlance - there is no edge or spice to the story.

So I must say I ended up the evening feeling a bit like Tom in the Night Before Christmas having just turfed Jerry out into the freezin cold. Snuggled up in front of the roaring log fire, feeling great because he was having a great time, had achieved his lifetime mission. He knew the little mouse couldn't possibly survive out in the cold. He'd achieved his lifetime goal. Suddenly he's filled with remorse. There will now be no more plotting and scheming, chasing the mouse round the house. He gets up and goes outside, finds the mouse, and to his relief he manages to revive him. And within hours they're back to hating each other again and life goes on as we know it.

Personally I'd have seen Hibs come up and 'Hibsit' in the Cup final. That would have kept the normal way of things going.

But I fear the wee mouse might actually freeze to death now, and things might never be the same around this house again.

Bit early for the mushies isn't it?

Captain Bubblebeard

I am fine with this. They were desperate to see us out freezing to death only a few seasons ago, with no remorse. Tragic endings can be funny too...

This is where I'm at. Almost 70 now and all my life I've looked forward to derby day and banter with my Hibs minded in laws. They are broken now and I fear that the club might not survive another year in the championship. I guess I'm too soft for most on this board.

Feeling sorry for them?

Is this why we let them go through all the way to the Final of the Scottish Cup after leading 2-0 with 10 minutes to go?

Nah, no mercy! They were dying to see us die and now they're dying.

More misery next week please.

After last night there will never be forgiveness in my heart.  For the first time in my life I watched on Internet a Falkirk Hibs game.  Three times I let out unbridled shouts of glee, all fo Falkirk goals. When the game finished , my wife as she knows well not to interrupt during a game I am watching came through and said so the Hearts won a game, I said they weren't playing it was Falkirk who won, I almost felt really ashamed that my shouts, screams, and obvious pleasure would be expended on someone else and not Hearts.

colinmaroon

As I've posted elsewhere, 5 years in the Championship - - -

at least, maybe 7.

jambo-in-furness

As I've posted elsewhere, 5 years in the Championship - - -

at least, maybe 7.

Not likely

They'll probably get relegated again.

WorldChampions1902

They weren't just happy to 'dance on our grave', they wanted to dig it (e-mails et al).

Zero sympathy, zero tolerance and now for them, ground zero beckons.

Delicious.

They weren't just happy to 'dance on our grave', they wanted to dig it (e-mails et al).

Zero sympathy, zero tolerance and now for them, ground zero beckons.

Delicious.

Well said, I hope they die slowly and painfully.

WorldChampions1902

Well said, I hope they die slowly and painfully.

I share your sentiments.

However, I disagree.

They must not die.

They must live on.

Cash-strapped......in front of ever-dwindling 'crowds'.......bitter in-fighting........living from hand-to-mouth.........on life-support from their much discredited Ponzi Scheme.........praying to be tied with The Famous in every cup for ever in the hope of a big pay-off and a chance to make some spurious claim to 'bragging-rights".

That is their destiny. Sadly.......it won't last for ever. To quote THEM when THEY tried to bury US, "THEIR Grand-children will now support The Famous.

Delicious.

I share your sentiments.

However, I disagree.

They must not die.

They must live on.

Cash-strapped......in front of ever-dwindling 'crowds'.......bitter in-fighting........living from hand-to-mouth.........on life-support from their much discredited Ponzi Scheme.........praying to be tied with The Famous in every cup for ever in the hope of a big pay-off and a chance to make some spurious claim to 'bragging-rights".

That is their destiny. Sadly.......it won't last for ever. To quote THEM when THEY tried to bury US, "THEIR Grand-children will now support The Famous.

Delicious.

Nah - let them die. Relegated another 2 times and in admin within 5 years. F... them.

This is where I'm at. Almost 70 now and all my life I've looked forward to derby day and banter with my Hibs minded in laws. They are broken now and I fear that the club might not survive another year in the championship. I guess I'm too soft for most on this board.

I really do miss the derby day........the thing that turned my dislike into hate mode was the now famous relegation party ,they can rot for me now, we can find another derby ,can I put forward the mighty Falkirk(only 25 miles), every time we can play ,we can have a united kept you doon PARTY

FTH

Doctor FinnBarr

I really do miss the derby day........the thing that turned my dislike into hate mode was the now famous relegation party ,they can rot for me now, we can find another derby ,can I put forward the mighty Falkirk(only 25 miles), every time we can play ,we can have a united kept you doon PARTY

FTH

Its only 12 for me, much nearer than the Echodome, that'll do me fine.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Really good post, I enjoy a nice analogy.

Also, the thought of another new year "derby" against Kilmarnock fills me with despair.

I want to feel sorry for them but the total lack of empathy from them at the highest level when we were in trouble is something I will never forgive or forget.

They've made their bed and they can lie in it.

I have another grieveance against them.  I wakened this morning with a pulsating hangover which they directly caused.  Not the first time it's happened either, in fact it's happened a great deal.

Not really complaining about that though. :2thumbsup:

ming the merciless

But I fear the wee mouse might actually freeze to death now, and things might never be the same around this house again.[/quote

O

Outstanding post.

ffs

Stewart MacD

This for me, similar vintage too. I might even excuse them winning the Cup, just to keep it out of Ibrox filth's hands. (might, it's a big call!))

Ryan Jarman

I might feel sorry for them if the fans bothered to turn up and support their team in dead throws but no, they have shite home support and the ones that do turn up are deluded slavers.

They lap up all the pish that Cummings, Stubbs etc come out with (Zingers, Teams fear us, win the treble...). Talking a good game is great but with no spine to back it up then you are eternally setting yourself up.

They are where they are because of no one but themselves. They deserve no sympathy.

Get them to ****

I P Knightley

The analogy doesn't work. 99 times out of 100, the mouse handed the cat his arse on a plate. We're Jerry; they're Tom.

jambothommo

The analogy doesn't work. 99 times out of 100, the mouse handed the cat his arse on a plate. We're Jerry; they're Tom.

Youre missing the point. Its irrelevant whether we're Tom or Jerry. The story only holds your attention if theres Tom and Jerry. Can you imagine no more New Year derbies against the Hibbees? Ever? FFS theres Japanese prisoners of war who are more rationale about their enemy than some Jambos. (The fact that many Hibs fans are sad bitter loser feckers doesnt change the point. Its the loss of future opportunities to ram it up them im going to miss.)

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Can you imagine no more New Year derbies against the Hibbees? 

Yes, and it's bliss.

buzzbomb1958

I share your sentiments.

However, I disagree.

They must not die.

They must live on.

Delicious.

Me and my grandchildren love this

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Yes, and it's bliss.

Seriously? Our new year derby this season was away at Kilmarnock. I went to it. It was shite & boring.

Archived