Turkish player

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Apparently we are after a Turkish player who plays with Galatasary. He is not quite ready for the first team so they are looking to loan him out to get experience to get him ready.

Jambo 4 Ever

Apparently we are after a Turkish player who plays with Galatasary. He is not quite ready for the first team so they are looking to loan him out to get experience to get him ready.

Where did you hear this?

We_are_the_Hearts

Where did you hear this?

All I can say is they work at Tynecastle

If it's true, it'll probably be possible to narrow it down fairly easily. Presumably he'll need dual nationality if he's to get a work permit. Can't be that many young Turkish players at Galatasaray falling into that category.

Dalstonjambo

As long as we also sign players who are ready for the first team.

I think he means he isn't quite ready for the galatasary first team. Which means he'd be more than capable of playing for us I'd imagine.

peter_hmfc

Apparently we are after a Turkish player who plays with Galatasary.

:seething:

Is this the zap knight poster?

Galatasaray did have about 12 youngsters out on loan last season including Italian, Swiss and Canadian teams. So it's not outwith realms of possiblity.

But if this poster is the zap knight/Romanov guy may as well forget about it

We_are_the_Hearts

Galatasaray did have about 12 youngsters out on loan last season including Italian, Swiss and Canadian teams. So it's not outwith realms of possiblity.

The Zap Knight poster is on the striker thread saying we are in for Hogo Rodalega  :2thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Loan signings don't float my boat. Levein did say he didn't like them either

AlimOzturk

Not the same poster

Rudolf's Mate

The Zap Knight poster is on the striker thread saying we are in for Hogo Rodalega :2thumbsup:

Was it him :rofl: It was such a long time ago that I'd forgotten who started that gem.

Pans Jambo

Was it him :rofl: It was such a long time ago that I'd forgotten who started that gem.

What? Was the 'Zap' thing a complete fabrication??? Who'd have thunk it?

Bungalow Bill

I saw a Turkish looking player and what looked like their agent in the directors box on Saturday. He didn't look like a development player to me though.

We_are_the_Hearts

I think he means he isn't quite ready for the galatasary first team. Which means he'd be more than capable of playing for us I'd imagine.

Yes that's what I meant. He will be first team for us if it happens.

Bungalow Bill

I saw a Turkish looking player and what looked like their agent in the directors box on Saturday. He didn't look like a development player to me though.

Just had a look on the Galatasary website, and unfortunately the English version of the page is still under construction. Was hoping to view the profiles of their youth/reserve team to see if I could recognise the (assumed) player I saw on Saturday.

Totally agree.

Should only be used if we are struggling with injuries.

They were also in a restaurant on Dalry Road Saturday night.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

Not sure Saturday would have made much of an impression on him!

Bungalow Bill

They were also in a restaurant on Dalry Road Saturday night.

Did you see them? The guy I saw was wearing a long sleeve blue (lightish) top, it actually said 'Maradonna' on the back.

I guess he could have been a relative of Ozturk's, I don't know why I've just thought of that scenario!

Did you see them? The guy I saw was wearing a long sleeve blue (lightish) top, it actually said 'Maradonna' on the back.

I seen levein and a couple of other guys wearing suits. I was walking past the restaurant and they were sitting at the window. Didn't want to stare in at them having dinner [emoji38]

I know, Rudi was shite his first season here

;)

My apologies OP about the mistaken identity!

List of Galatasaray players out on loan this season.

No. Position Player
? Turkey GK Alperen Uysal (on loan to Gaziantepspor until 30 June 2016)
? Turkey DF Emre Can Co?kun (on loan to Giresunspor until 30 June 2016)
? Turkey DF Salih Dursun (on loan to Trabzonspor until 30 June 2016)
? Brazil DF Alex Telles (on loan to Inter until 30 June 2016)
? Turkey MF Jem Paul Karacan (on loan to Bursaspor until 30 June 2016)
? Turkey MF Birhan Vatansever (on loan to Bergama Belediyespor until 30 June 2016)
? Switzerland MF Blerim Dzemaili (on loan to Genoa until 30 June 2016)
No. Position Player
? Turkey MF Furkan ?z?al (on loan to Kayserispor until 30 June 2016)
? Turkey MF O?uzhan Kayar (on loan to ?anl?urfaspor until 30 June 2016)
? Switzerland MF Endo?an Adili (on loan to FC Wil until 30 June 2016)
? Portugal MF Bruma (on loan to Real Sociedad until 30 June 2016)
? Argentina FW Lucas Ontivero (on loan to Montreal Impact until 31 December 2016)
? Turkey FW Berk ?smail ?nsal (on loan to Giresunspor until 30 June 2016)
? Turkey FW Sercan Y?ld?r?m (on loan to Bursaspor until 30 June 2016)

Whose first team is he not ready for, Glatasary or Hearts? 

That could be read either way depending on who you mean by they.

fabienleclerq

Pretty obviously reads galatasaray's first team

Pretty obviously reads galatasaray's first team

Hearts are after a Turkish player who's not ready for the first team so they will put him out on loan. 

:stuart:

scott herbertson

Volkan Pala, 19 year old striker? 

s_251099_11502_2014_03_18_1.jpg?lm=0

would be funny if he was a friend of Ozturk

We_are_the_Hearts

Should have put their first team

Here's a list of players Galatasaray currently have out on loan with pictures:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/galatasaray-istanbul/leihspieler/verein/141

The one that seems to fit the bill most there in terms of "looking Turkish", being young enough to be considered "not ready for the first team" and being automatically eligible to work here because of his dual Swiss-Turkish nationality is  Endogan Adili. He seems to have been highly rated at some point although his recent CV isn't that impressive.

I'm inclined to think that this rumour might have come about after a "Turkish-looking player" was spotted at Saturday's game and someone put 2+2 together, although I could be wrong.

The one that seems to fit the bill most there in terms of "looking Turkish", being young enough to be considered "not ready for the first team" and being automatically eligible to work here because of his dual Swiss-Turkish nationality is Endogan Adili. He seems to have been highly rated at some point although his recent CV isn't that impressive.

I'm inclined to think that this rumour might have come about after a "Turkish-looking player" was spotted at Saturday's game and someone put 2+2 together, although I could be wrong.

That's the one that jumped out at me too. I didn't bother to check whether any of the other Turkish guys have an EU passport though. I agree with your last paragraph too.

CollyWolly

That's the one that jumped out at me too. I didn't bother to check whether any of the other Turkish guys have an EU passport though. I agree with your last paragraph too.

Swiss people don't have EU passports either I don't think. Therefore they wouldn't have the automatic right to work here

Swiss people don't have EU passports either I don't think. Therefore they wouldn't have the automatic right to work here

They don't but they have a right to residency. No work permit or visa required.

Switzerland isn't in the EU but it is part of the single market, like Norway and Iceland, so he would have the right.

Bungalow Bill

adili_BIDIM.jpg

What about him?

Nah wasn't him. He had a slightly darker complexion. Hair was fairly slicked too.

Nah wasn't him. He had a slightly darker complexion. Hair was fairly slicked too.

Sure he wasn't Greek looking?

Bungalow Bill

Sure he wasn't Greek looking?

I thought Turkish but if someone was to say Egyptian, I wouldn't have argued with them.

Any of these, by any chance? I wouldn't have thought many of them would be within our range.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/galatasaray-istanbul/startseite/verein/141

Don't think so. I'm really hoping this guy signs now whoever he is!

fabienleclerq

Hearts are after a Turkish player who's not ready for the first team so they will put him out on loan.

:stuart:

I'm reading he's not ready for galas first team and they want to loan him. Not sure why there's confusion.

Me neither.  I think it's fine to bring in a loanee in the January window if there is a position we need strengthening, or maybe someone we have a realistic chance of signing at the end of the loan if all goes well.

I heard he is a bit of a jessie and in cold weather wears gloves and a baklava.

Seriously, I hope someone from the club has actually watched him in real life.

Archived