Old HMFC games on Hearts.tv

Deans Jambo

Deans Jambo

Got to give a huge thumbs up to whoever made the decision to show 70/80's games on Hearts.tv. I'm lovin the games from the 80's as i started go to the matches about 82/83.

Brings back so many memories- how in the early days my Dad used to take us to the wing stand for safety and we'd be their so early we'd get the front row. From they seats i remember things such as 'the shed' lighting fires to keep warm in the winter and when Robbo scored late against Rangers in a 2-2game and the thousands of fans that had gathered at the Mcleod street exit going nuts! Then as i got older we'd go in the Mcleod street end and wander round to the benches to sit and i'd stare in aw at 'the shed' especially after we'd scored.

I also remember the nerves i used to feel when the Old Firm were in town with their thousands of travelling fans invading Gorgie. My Dad would park the car in the Haymarket area to allow my Mum to go to the shops while we went to the game and we'd have to walk up Dalry/Gorgie listening to their chants and on occasions hear the sirens whizzing by.

What made me chuckle while watching the Celtic game was the chant 'Your gonna get your fu**in heads kicked in' after Celtic score as i remember the chant every time an away team scored. But i used to hate it as i new i still had the long walk to Haymarket to endure!

Also gid to see Craig Levein play a blinding game against Rangers as a right winger!!

Guest JamboRobbo

Agree mate. there was a thread on it the other day too. It's great to see Hearts making an effort for the fans like this. Great memories.

Guest JamboRobbo

The Rangers game they put on today was a brilliant watch. Levein on the right wing was outstanding!

Guest jambomickey

they were great years watching hearts, we had a passionate board and a manaer who picked the team and chose the tactics and players who played for the badge

Deans Jambo
The Rangers game they put on today was a brilliant watch. Levein on the right wing was outstanding!

And should huv scored a hat trick!!

Archived