9000 ST Renewals

Guest JamboRobbo

Dr. Bapswent
That's a shocking drop. In any way it's tried to be painted.

As JR puts it. Considering the circumstances, thats a decent number.

Charlie-Brown

It would seem JKB polls actually ARE an accurate cross-section of the Hearts support and representative - various polls on here suggested a renewal rate of between 60%-70% which has proven to be true.

As JR says I too hope that loyalty is rewarded. However, that said, under normal circumstances I would say 9000 is cracking numbr of STs.

ST stats are bit hard to gauge as a result of the Burley-era. How many fans who didn't renew are long standing ST holders now totally disollusioned and how many are just the glory-hunters who have disappeared again??

Patrick Bateman

If by some miracle a credible manager is appointed and a couple of decent signings are made, it will probably return to *close* to last seasons.

The cynic in me still thinks it will be Frail with a bunch of 3rd rate Kaunas clowns though.

As JR says I too hope that loyalty is rewarded. However, that said, under normal circumstances I would say 9000 is cracking numbr of STs.

ST stats are bit hard to gauge as a result of the Burley-era. How many fans who didn't renew are long standing ST holders now totally disollusioned and how many are just the glory-hunters who have disappeared again??

I think that will be quite a high number IMO, more than one season wonders.

Fair play to everyone that has bought.

I still believe it sends the message to Vlad that he can continue to shaft the life out of the football side of the club, but there you go

I'd imagine it is a rounded up number, but even still good figures

A proper manager and we'll sell out again IMO.

I dont believe there are another 4500 season tickets to be sold without a manager though, so we'll see what happens, but no matter how it is dressed up if we dont sell 13,500 season tickets this year it is a downward and backward step in the context of the Romanov era.

And to justify a higher capacity stand and stadium we need to be increasing demand year on year not reducing it

It would be interesting to compare the sales and stages of figures at relevant times in the close seasons since Vlad's arrival

chester copperpot

I still haven't renewed, and am a bit sceptical about doing so. I may just buy each game individually this season. Yes I'm losing my seat that I've had since the Wheatfield opened, but I feel I need to make this stance.

I want to renew, I just want some sign from Knobheid that he has taken on board the fans concerns and appoints a manager.

MackaysCentreSpot

2,000 down on the renewal figure of last season.

But as many have said after last seasons performance then 9,000 season tickets renewed is a cracking number.

I am sure we will up that figure considerably by the time the season kicks off. :)

Hilary Briss
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1324030,00.html

Not bad given the circumstances - about 66% of last seasons total? Plenty loyalty shown by a lot of fans. Let's hope that loyalty is rewarded.

I would guess it will get to more than that. I've not renewed yet for me & my son but will be doing so at end of the month......my brothers the same. I am sure there will be a few in that boat along with some new punters.

wait till there is a good manager in place (if we actually get one) and that number will surge to last year's levels.

2,000 down on the renewal figure of last season...

Did we only sell 11,000 ST's last year?

Guest JamboRobbo

Really? Historically it would've been, but even the hobos have sold more than that (I think )

chester copperpot
I did give in unfortunately yes, for family reasons.

Wife nipping the heid aye. :rolleyes:

Fourcandles
2,000 down on the renewal figure of last season.

But as many have said after last seasons performance then 9,000 season tickets renewed is a cracking number.

I am sure we will up that figure considerably by the time the season kicks off. :)

IMO it only goes to show what the number could potentially be..............if we were ever successful on and off the park.

:o

IMO it only goes to show what the number could potentially be..............if we were ever successful on and off the park.

:o

The fact we are not that successful on the park has no bearing to me in not renewing,I'm just pig sick of the way the club is and has been run into the ground ,the way everyone has been treated from the fans,the players,coaches,managers and even board members who were all respected in scottish if not european football.

This is not the HMFC I once supported(as I have stated on many a time),Vlad IMO has brought nothing but shame and embarrassment to this once proud club,I don't want to be a part of this.

Just hope to god that the whinging b****** behind me hasn't renewed!

Where do you sit,I done some whinging and shouting last season.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Good point, surely we're looking at around 12,000 at least, hope so anyway.

I fully understand why some people are not renewing but having renewed myself I want as many other people suffering along with me as possible!

Mind you, looks like the Tynie Arms will be just as busy as usual!

Bring on the new season, cannae wait.

I think it will be more 10k 10.5k, unless a manager (a real one) and perhaps one or two decent signings are made.

I didn't renew, but if VR gets in a decent manager and lets him have control of footballing affairs, then I will purchase a ST for the forthcoming stadium. If not then I will attend the games that I can but won't pay for an ST. I am sure that there are plenty of fans out there with the same intentions as myself. VR's interference has led to this and it's only him that can change it.

Era Macaroons
wait till there is a good manager in place (if we actually get one) and that number will surge to last year's levels.

Whilst it is a big one, there is another reason why some people have not renewed which I havent seen posted yet.

THE MAIN STAND

Fear of not getting a seat this year if a new stand was built this summer must have put a good few hundred (poss more) on last seasons tally.

Whilst it is a big one, there is another reason why some people have not renewed which I havent seen posted yet.

THE MAIN STAND

Fear of not getting a seat this year if a new stand was built this summer must have put a good few hundred (poss more) on last seasons tally.

Eh?

Fear of not getting a seat meant people didn't renew? :wacko:

Fxxx the SPFL
The fact we are not that successful on the park has no bearing to me in not renewing,I'm just pig sick of the way the club is and has been run into the ground ,the way everyone has been treated from the fans,the players,coaches,managers and even board members who were all respected in scottish if not european football.

This is not the HMFC I once supported(as I have stated on many a time),Vlad IMO has brought nothing but shame and embarrassment to this once proud club,I don't want to be a part of this.

You are correct in what you are saying with regards to the shame and embarrassment part but had knobheid not come in and purchased Hearts we would quite possibly not be in existance. I supported Hearts through the bad board managements and pish teams of the seventies the only games I missed were for financial reasons. I may be stupid call me what you like but I will still support and back the team whoever is in charge, everyone of course is entitled to their own opinions.

:sad:

Pants Shaton

It probably is 9000 but they do have form in massaging such figures in their favour (as do many other clubs)

Walter Bishop
Are hearts not notorious for miscounting?

To be fair i was told that as of last Friday there was just over 8,000. I think we may be getting the truth for once!!!

John Findlay
You are correct in what you are saying with regards to the shame and embarrassment part but had knobheid not come in and purchased Hearts we would quite possibly not be in existance. I supported Hearts through the bad board managements and pish teams of the seventies the only games I missed were for financial reasons. I may be stupid call me what you like but I will still support and back the team whoever is in charge, everyone of course is entitled to their own opinions.

:sad:

Ray we are two of a kind. Naturally you are the better looking.

John

Where do you sit,I done some whinging and shouting last season.

Up with the prawn sandwich brigade in upper N!

Era Macaroons
Eh?

Fear of not getting a seat meant people didn't renew? :wacko:

No Isa, listen up...

Last year....talk of a new main stand being built this summer....so this coming season will have reduced attendance if games kept at Tynie (which they probably would be)

So, if you bought a season ticket last year, you would be able to renew this year....therefor no problems getting to watch The Hearts.

but hey presto....no new main stand.....and fear of 'missing out' removed

oh but mibi a new stand next year....na heard it all before.

Catch ma drift? now aff tae the Marksman wi ye ;)

I did some moaning last season in Upper N.

But the guy in front of me was much the same so it couldn't have been you.

Absolutely mate. Couldn't agree more . Have seen far poorer teams and performances but imo. it's about not being able to invest any faith, emotional energy, belief or dosh in a club that is being toyed with subject to the whims of an egotistical numpty who knows hee haw about football. He has taken a way the passion I have for the club by turning it into a farce.

9000 ?! Must have sold nearly 1000 in the last 24hrs then (aye right).

Definetely a message sent to Romanov so well done to all those who continue to hold off (that is not to offend any who have renewed as it an individual choice).

I hope my ?450 or whatever is in Hearts bank account by August the 9th but no manager still means no renewal !!

JamboJimmyB

Personally 9,000 is 9,000 to many in my opinion as this has nothing to do with loyalty, it is about self-respect and pride.

Romanov has reduced HMFC to a shadow of the club it used to be and yet 9,000 fans are supporting his actions by commiting their cash to the club until May 2009. What is even more ironic is that the majority of those fans probably agree with me.

How hard would it have been to send a clear message and buy tickets on a match by match basis !

The reality is that 9,000 plus a few more before July coupled with the away support will swell the attendances to 12k or more. The board will be smarting that this is more than acceptable considering last season.

Ask yourselves honestly, how many games did you enjoy at home last season ? Me, Rangers 4 -2 and possibly Aberdeen.

Also ask yourself honestly do you think anything significantly positive will happen between now and the start of the season.

Don't expect any decent signings until the club has off-loaded a few more high earners and expect to see the better players leave at the first opportunity (who can blame them).

I hope I am wrong but like a lot of you I renewed last season in the hope that Romanov would have learnt from his mistakes and bring in a decent manager. What does he do, he contrives to make things even worse.

I have sinced realised that he does not give a toss about the fans and why should he when they will flock back in their thousands.

To have any change of success in the SPL you need a manager that understands the style of play, you need a bunch of players (some with quality) that are prepared to play for the shirt and work as a team, you need one or two strong personalities/leaders on the park.

With the exception of a couple of quality players, we have none of these and in fact Romanov actually goes out of his way to ensure that this will always be the case.

The reality is that 9,000 plus a few more before July coupled with the away support will swell the attendances to 12k or more. The board will be smarting that this is more than acceptable considering last season.

- 9,000 is a rounded up figure

- If no manager is forthcoming then there will not be many more renewals

- If no manager is forthcoming next season will be as bad if not worse than last

- We will therefore be bottom 6 again and with little to play for

- Some who have renewed 'because its what they do' will start stayingy away from games again

- Add that to those who are anticipating paying walk up most weeks who will then have the choice not to go

= Crowds of under 10K await if we don't appoint a manager

I'm suprised its as high as that. All things considered that a very good number.

Would be interesting to know how many where renewed when McGee was coming?

People who renewed because of speculation deserve to be conned

People who renewed because of speculation deserve to be conned

I speculate that you are a Hearts fan....

...doh!

No Isa, listen up...

Last year....talk of a new main stand being built this summer....so this coming season will have reduced attendance if games kept at Tynie (which they probably would be)

So, if you bought a season ticket last year, you would be able to renew this year....therefor no problems getting to watch The Hearts.

but hey presto....no new main stand.....and fear of 'missing out' removed

oh but mibi a new stand next year....na heard it all before.

Catch ma drift? now aff tae the Marksman wi ye ;)

Well if you had said that first time round...:confused:;)

Cut The Crap

By any measure, 9000 renewals represents a solid endorsement by the Hearts support of the way VR is running the club.

And that quite frankly baffles me. :confused:

By any measure, 9000 renewals represents a solid endorsement by the Hearts support of the way VR is running the club.

And that quite frankly baffles me. :confused:

I renewed. I don't fully endorse the way the club is run.

Still nearly 1/3 down on sales from last year which to me says a lot.

But the thing about figures and stats is that they can usually be interpreted in more than one way.

I just want to watch Hearts.

I did give in unfortunately yes, for family reasons.

Did you also pay the extra ?30 or ?40 (or whatever) by not renewing early?

Ach well, that wasn't me,section B lower,TBH if there are any of the supporters that sat near us still going they will probably be glad we are not there,after all the shouting and much moaning we did.

Archived