William Hill query.....

RoyCropper

RoyCropper

Logged into my William Hill account this morning to find ?200 sitting in there which hasnt been won through gambling. In my 'bonuses' section, it is listed as 'balance adjustment cancelled.' When I log in on my laptop its down as a 'manual adjustment.'

Never heard of anything like it before and cant find anything online about it.  

Anyone had this before or know anything about it? Scared to ask incase them incase they want it back :)

KineticBeat

Step 1. Withdraw

Step 2. Cancel account

Step 3. Create a new account on another betting website

CollyWolly

Hills did a similar sort of thing with me last season.

I had 5 X season long accumulators at an average of ?30 each which all went down at the end of the season. Well down, not even close. When the last outcome was known they returned the stakes for all of them in free bets. All in the same day. I ended up betting short odds on favourites hoping to convert some of into withdrawals cash. Ended up with ?17 which I blew the next day. That tells you all you need to know about my betting abilities.

AlimOzturk

Yep withdraw it and use another website. If it is a bonus then lay it off using matchbook or betfair on close odds.

might have been that u get ur stake back or something if a certain event happens during a game or some kind of promo i would phone them to double check if u withdraw it which i doubt it will even let u do if its bonus money it would be reversed at some point 

peter_hmfc

Take the money ffs :rofl: .

Why does this need to be asked?

CollyWolly

Take the money ffs :rofl: .

Why does this need to be asked?

Because they have his credit card details and deep down in their terms and conditions, they can probably take it back if they fancy.

Sooperstar

Because they have his credit card details and deep down in their terms and conditions, they can probably take it back if they fancy.

Nah, not a chance they can just take money out of his account. Withdraw the money or use it to bet, certainly don't ask them why it is there.

i bet big on a game in serie b last season in the play offs and it lost and they made a mistake and paid me out anyways because they didnt realise about the away goal rule then 30mins later they took it straight back and it put my betting account into minus becuz i withdrew it and i had choice to reverse the withdrawl or have account closed

Der Kaiser

Give it to Hearts towards the new stand. We can't have something that is completely bought and paid for all clean and legal surely?

IronJambo

Logged into my William Hill account this morning to find ?200 sitting in there which hasnt been won through gambling. In my 'bonuses' section, it is listed as 'balance adjustment cancelled.' When I log in on my laptop its down as a 'manual adjustment.'

Never heard of anything like it before and cant find anything online about it.

Anyone had this before or know anything about it? Scared to ask incase them incase they want it back :)

Get it all on Trump for president right now!

TheTeamForMe

It's happened to me on b365 a few times now, they've never pulled me up though, you'll be fine! Congrats!

CollyWolly

Nah, not a chance they can just take money out of his account. Withdraw the money or use it to bet, certainly don't ask them why it is there.

Personally I wouldn't say a word and I'd probably withdraw it. However, you can guarantee that mistakes like this are covered in the t&c's

bajthejambo

Hills paid me out on bet I had cancelled. ?400 it was worth. I withdrew it and never heard anything back about it. It was a treble on the nags and there was a non runner, I cancelled the bet and included a different horse. Two original selections won, so they paid the double on the original bet. I'm sure you'll be fine.

If it's in bonuses, don't you have to roll it over a certain amount before being able to withdraw?

And by a certain amount, I mean 15 times.

Archived