Driver on Burnley Radar

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Burnley ready to up bid for Driver to 750K according to Express this morning.

Actual Headline was for 1.5Million double bid for Driver and Riordon!

chester copperpot
Burnley ready to up bid for Driver to 750K according to Express this morning.

Actual Headline was for 1.5Million double bid for Driver and Riordon!

Heard this on the radio this morning too. Fire sale about to commence perhaps.

Seymour M Hersh
Heard this on the radio this morning too. Fire sale about to commence perhaps.

Maybe not. I doubt Driver is a big earner and I also doubt ?750k is anywhere near Vlad's valuation. He also fits the young and via the academy direction in which we appear to be heading .

The Future's Maroon

I was informed yesterday by someone on another forum who does find out info (and he posts on here) that its all a load of tosh, Driver doesnt want to leave and Hearts do not want to sell him?

Dinnae start with yer 'source' capers either,?!!! coz I dont know his source....but he has been correct on many a thing in the past....more recently McCann going to Falkirk a fair while before the press said anything....I tend to believe him when he makes a statement.

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe not. I doubt Driver is a big earner and I also doubt ?750k is anywhere near Vlad's valuation. He also fits the young and via the academy direction in which we appear to be heading .

The direction we are heading, and have been heading for some time, is to sell anyone that is sellable and to rid ourselves of the High Earners.

I think Driver will go as will Berra and Wallace.

Nade, Kingston and Goncalves will more than likely follow and there will probably be permanent deals concluded for Makela and hopefully Beslija with other Clubs.

Elliot also wants away and Basso is not happy either.

Micheal Stewart is not a certainty to stay.

Tall and McCann have gone and Pospisil left in January.

Velicka, Kanchelskis and Bennyuseless have also left.

And if a new Manager gets his own way he will probably ofload No.28, Zaliukas, Miko and Chesny.

I think we are about to see the biggest turnaround of players within the space of a year an SPL team has ever known.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If we sell for ?750K I would be worried. Driver was our best player last season.

I think we are about to see the biggest turnaround of players within the space of a year an SPL team has ever known.

The sad thing is, its badly needed. :(

Simple rule of thumb...

If the players are models advertising strips for the new season they won't be sold.

Hence no Jos?.

Therefore I think we will keep Andy and still be stuck with Berra and Chesney.

I saw Driver being asked if he was going to Burnely. His response was along the lines of ' you tell me , you probably know more than me'. He was (almost) joking but I didn't get the feeling there was anything in it.

MackaysCentreSpot
I saw Driver being asked if he was going to Burnely. His response was along the lines of ' you tell me , you probably know more than me'. He was (almost) joking but I didn't get the feeling there was anything in it.

Said the same thing when the rumour was on the go that Rangers were after him.

Are you going to Rangers...' you tell me ,you probably know more than me'.

The last time I spoke to him, he said that he was going nowhere. I really hope this is the case.

Here is the but and its a big BUT.............would a player really say if they were going elswhere or if they are looking to go elsewhere.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Andy Driver can't go!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Salvatore's Tash
I was informed yesterday by someone on another forum who does find out info (and he posts on here) that its all a load of tosh, Driver doesnt want to leave and Hearts do not want to sell him?

Dinnae start with yer 'source' capers either,?!!! coz I dont know his source....but he has been correct on many a thing in the past....more recently McCann going to Falkirk a fair while before the press said anything....I tend to believe him when he makes a statement.

I'm sure if Hearts appoint a good well known manager and are going to progress...Driver would be delighted to stay, however if we don't which is looking more and more likely your mate is wrong!!!

Gorgie Boy II
I'm sure if Hearts appoint a good well known manager and are going to progress...Driver would be delighted to stay, however if we don't which is looking more and more likely your mate is wrong!!!

What do you know like? All this nonsense about Driver being delighted to stay if we get a manager - you think you know everyone and everything ?

Clerry Jambo
If we sell for ?750K I would be worried. Driver was our best player last season.

I agree with the bit in bold Geoff - we all know the reasons for players sold previously but selling one of our young up and coming players like Driver at this stage goes against everything this regime state they are all about:mad:

Salvatore's Tash
What do you know like? All this nonsense about Driver being delighted to stay if we get a manager - you think you know everyone and everything ?

Ok then, if you were an up and coming footballer wanted by other clubs would you want to play at Hearts and have a season like that one just gone?? All I am saying is that like Berra, Driver would want to do his best in the game! Bottom half of the SPL again and would anyone want Driver this time next year?

santaisajambo

I spoke to both andy and his dad recently and obviously brought this up, both seemed fairly receptive to moving to burnley even though his family is settled up north. Reason: he earns peanuts at hearts which is old man certainly does not appreciate. Look at pinilla for example, how do you think this makes other players feel?

Also owen coyle has been talking it up saying that he intends to make andy his main man,play every week, etc. etc.

My opinion is if hearts accept a half decent offer he would go no worries!

MackaysCentreSpot
I spoke to both andy and his dad recently and obviously brought this up, both seemed fairly receptive to moving to burnley even though his family is settled up north. Reason: he earns peanuts at hearts which is old man certainly does not appreciate. Look at pinilla for example, how do you think this makes other players feel?

Also owen coyle has been talking it up saying that he intends to make andy his main man,play every week, etc. etc.

IMO I would doubt his old man discussed Andy's financial situation with you.

I could see him wanting to go for 2 reasons, the first of which is that he would be returning to his home area (but that of course depends on how well settled he is here): secondly he might see it as a better way of catching the English selectors' eye. I would want twice as much as ?750k for him bearing in mind his potential and the fact that Burnley will be hoping to hit the jackpot with the sale of Lafferty.

frankbroxup

Appears to stack up.Who is the biggest asset to the club Driver or Panilla ?

Then consider the lesser asset earns 5-6 times the wages and doesnt play.

Could only be the Coyle factor

Why would anyone in there right mind swap Edinburgh for Burnley ?

More likely to be Istanbul apparently.

Ryan Gosling
Appears to stack up.Who is the biggest asset to the club Driver or Panilla ?

Then consider the lesser asset earns 5-6 times the wages and doesnt play.

Could only be the Coyle factor

Why would anyone in there right mind swap Edinburgh for Burnley ?

More likely to be Istanbul apparently.

Well you would know.

Archived