scottish_chicP

scottish_chicP

Just started catching up on this on Fox. Seen it advertised during The Walking Dead and a few friends have recommended it. Anyone else watch it?

Fruitmachine76

Probably my favourite Stephen King book, read it three times. Simply awesome.

I'm still undecided after the first two episodes of the TVs series how I feel? I think James Franco is pretty good, but they've changed a few things from the book and I'm not sure how I feel about that. And of course the 50s setting looks nothing like it did in my head when reading the book!

It's not a patch on the book, but film and tv adaptations rarely are. I'll watch it all the way through and then probably read the book again. Have you read it? It's soooooo amazing!

Maiden Gorgie

I've seen the whole series online.

Brilliant stuff, could have done so much more though as they only covered half of what is in the book. The book is a must read IMO.

Loved the book. Looking forward to seeing the series at some point as they filmed some of it in our village.

And he's not praying

Best book I've ever read.

The TV series, whilst very decent, was never going to be as good.

Carl Fredrickson

The book was a "cant put down". 

The TV show was very disappointing. By only making a few episodes, far too much of the book was left out. 

Mac_fae_Gillie

only seen 1st double episode, others on sky plus but was great opening with possibilites galore for future,

Strong cast and production if u do nothing else watch the beginning.

A Boy Named Crow

Having been burned by the screen adaptation of Under The Done, I won't be going near this! Absolutely fantastic book though

scottish_chicP

I haven't read the book but sounds like I need to give it a go. I've seen the first 2 episodes but have enjoyed what I've seen so far!

Nookie Bear

Having been burned by the screen adaptation of Under The Done, I won't be going near this! Absolutely fantastic book though

That was horrendous, wasn't it?

I'm liking 11.22.63 so far. The book is incredible and I suppose you have to hope that the tv production doesn't mess too much.

Fruitmachine76

Couldn't agree more re Under the Dome. Horrendous horrendous tv show, can't believe I watched until the first episode of series 3 before jacking it in!!

Under the Dome is another fine Stephen King book.

Fruitmachine76

I haven't read the book but sounds like I need to give it a go. I've seen the first 2 episodes but have enjoyed what I've seen so far!

Definitely pick up the book, it's incredible. If you're enjoying the tv series you'll love the book.

Jamborossco

ive been enjoying the series, going to buy the book, been told its one the best books that stephen king has wrote

Couldn't agree more re Under the Dome. Horrendous horrendous tv show, can't believe I watched until the first episode of series 3 before jacking it in!!

Under the Dome is another fine Stephen King book.

At least you jacked it in! I watched the whole thing!!

The fact there wasn't any necrophilia was ridiculous imo.

TV adaptations are always shite.

I loved the book.  Like actually loved it.  Some of King's books endings seem a bit rushed and anti-climactic (Here's looking at you, The Stand), but 11.22.63 was a different story altogether.  

Not sure I want to watch the series after the trainwreck that was Under The Dome.

I think it was always going to be difficult to distill such a long and detailed book into a TV series. I'll watch it at some point, but have no expectations of it matching the quality of the book - I don't think that was ever possible. 

I've attached a couple of pictures of Hespeler, Cambridge from when they were filming (I have my own photos but, for easier posting I've pinched them from some websites). It was a pity they had to take down the retro  shop signs - the main street looked great with them up!

store-fronts-500x329.jpg

imgp87481.jpg

I loved the book, haven't seen the TV series. I'm a massive King fan, however very few, if any of his books have translated well to film.Maybe it's because of poor production, direction, screenplay, budgets etc. For my money nothing can beat your own imagination! A book can stimulate that farbetter than a director's take on it.

A lot of the horror in King's books (IMO) is generated by the awfulness of his characters everyday lives.

Archived