Nazareth - the band, not the place

Say What Again

Say What Again

Any fans on here?

With them being Scottish, I'm pretty sure there must be at least one.

I've just stumbled upon them this week and am really liking the stuff there is on on YouTube.

It's kind of a bizarre route for me to take to find them. I've always liked Joni Mitchell and was getting YouTube clips for a mate when i found their cover of 'This Flight Tonight'.

Very different from Joni's obviously but I like it.

Anyone care to point me in the direction of an album worth getting? ;) Some of the 'shops' ;) have loads and I don't want to 'buy' all of them just yet ;)

:)

Try, Razzamanz, Hair of the dog, also the live album Nazz. all good stuff oh and one of their first albums Loud And Proud.

Guest sparrieheid

Dunno about their albums but I know they still tour. I'll ask Lee their drummer for any info next time he's in my local.

I was in a pub a few years ago and Dan McCafferty was playing a few numbers on his guitar, ended up having a blether with him and getting totally smashed with him fir the rest of the night. Was a top bloke and had some good tales to tell of when the band were pretty big in America, like Guns n Roses going along to most of their gigs before GnR made it big.

They played in the Liquid rooms in February. Released a new album called the news. Lots of good albums, Malice in wonderland is one of my favourites. Have a look here for tour dates and stuff. http://www.nazarethdirect.co.uk/ they tour all the time it seems.

the Stevie Agnew band plays in the Blind poet . He is Pete Agnews son but sounds like McCafferty when he does some Naz covers.

Guns n Roses covered one of their songs on that covers album they did.

It was Hair of the Dog and the Album was the Spaghetti Incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qarSpuJ6SE0

A less than perfect Live performance by Nazareth is here

I saw them in Glasgow in the late 90s they rocked, seriously

Corrie Jambo

The are playing at the new Alhamhambra Theatre Dunfermline (the opening night) on Saturday 7/6 doors open 7pm and I am looking forward to seeing them again. Tickets are priced at ?17.50.

They are a great live band and inspired bands like Guns 'n' Roses and AC/DC. I saw them at the Odeon on Clerk Street in March 1980 where they were supported by Saxon and they were brilliant.

Great songs like Love Hurts, Razamanaz, Hair of the Dog, Telegram, My White Bicycle and This Flight Tonight will all get blasted tomorrow.

portobellojambo1

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but while us oldies are getting all sentimental for the times when rock was rock, s h i t was s h i t, life was easy etc. etc. this remains a classic blast from the past, which helped shape me into the fine upstanding citizen I now am -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHw9b4BBV9Y

hmfc_steve
Apologies for hijacking the thread, but while us oldies are getting all sentimental for the times when rock was rock, s h i t was s h i t, life was easy etc. etc. this remains a classic blast from the past, which helped shape me into the fine upstanding citizen I now am -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHw9b4BBV9Y

Alvin Lee and Ten Years After... that was a band

PontiusPilate

If you ever see a pished guy holding a half eaten fish supper and singing Broken Down Angel badly, that is not me.

Corrie Jambo

I'm an old bu**er too but I will be getting the old "air guitar" routine going tonight.

Can wait for it...who wants to see Portugal v Turkey anyway

Robbos Right Peg

I knew Darrell Sweet the original drummer who sadly passed away in 1999. Still remember getting well blootered in Toronto after the band played the arena where the Maple Leafs play. Such are memories

grumpyjambo
I'm an old bu**er too but I will be getting the old "air guitar" routine going tonight.

Can wait for it...who wants to see Portugal v Turkey anyway

How was the gig?

Say What Again

Cheers for all the pointers guys.

I've surprised myself by how much I've taken to them so quickly.

Even the '75 cover of Love Hurts (the year I was born)

Archived