Tribute Acts

Pans Jambo

Having a discussion over a few beers about tribute bands/acts & how some of them have similar but funny names to the real acts. Had a laugh but struggling to remember them all.

We got:

Neil Daimond = The REAL Diamond

Status Quo = Status NO

Oasis = Oasish

Shirley Bassey = Shurely Bassey

Arctic Monkeys = Antarctic Monkeys

Any more? & can we make some funnies up???

Over to you JKB...

I saw a flier for Gallus Cooper once.

There's a Ska band, I don't know if they're a tribute to anyone in particular or whether they realise what they've done with the name: The Skatonics.

GlasgoJambo

Saw a poster yesterday listing all the tribute act gigs coming up in Glasgow. Some I recall

The Smyths

The Southmartins - a tribute to the beautiful south and Housemartins

ACDC UK

Definitely Mightbe

Elvana - the world's finest elvis fronted tribute to Nirvana

The Doors = LA Doors

The Jimi Hendrix Experience = Are You Experienced?

The Beatles = The Bootleg Beatles

Iron Maiden = High On Maiden

Led Zeppelin = Zoso

AC/DC = Live Wire

There's a Ska band, I don't know if they're a tribute to anyone in particular or whether they realise what they've done with the name: The Skatonics.

There's a local Ska band who do covers, called The Skababs, who are bloody good, as well as having a great name. :thumb:

All roads lead to Gorgie

The Rangers

This is the right answer!

It is very difficult listening to the set list of songs to tell the difference between them and the former group they are trying to emulate.

I saw a flier for Gallus Cooper once.

I'm going to see these next month. They're playing Bannermans.

I'm going to see these next month. They're playing Bannermans. I was gonna form a Ramones tribute band called The Shamones but someones beat me to it.

Fitzroy Pointon

Theres a Micheal Buble tribute act who does the pub circuit in Renfrewshire called Mick Bubble.

Theres a Micheal Buble tribute act who does the pub circuit in Renfrewshire called Mick Bubble.

Christ! The real one is bad enough.

Worst venue in Edinburgh.[/quote

I was there last night. Thought it was okay

Worst venue in Edinburgh.[/quote

I was there last night. Thought it was okay

Its just a tunnel of clang.

What sort of prices are people prepared to pay to see a tribute act. I was planning to see the Australian Pink Floyd, but when they are asking for 30-50 pounds it is taking the piss a little. Don't forget a tribute act is a karaoke night where the act can actually perform.

What sort of prices are people prepared to pay to see a tribute act. I was planning to see the Australian Pink Floyd, but when they are asking for 30-50 pounds it is taking the piss a little. Don't forget a tribute act is a karaoke night where the act can actually perform.

This.

I would rather see the originals where they are still performing either solo or in the original band, but for tribute acts to charge more than 20 quid is a joke.  These bands are little better than wedding singers.

What sort of prices are people prepared to pay to see a tribute act. I was planning to see the Australian Pink Floyd, but when they are asking for 30-50 pounds it is taking the piss a little. Don't forget a tribute act is a karaoke night where the act can actually perform.

Well worth it imo. Cracking night and not a cheap show to put on.

Generally I'd agree with you though.

Nookie Bear

Proxy Music

There's an all girl Led Zeppelin tribute act called Lez Zeppelin.

Used to be a reggae Led Zeppelin act called Dread Zeppelin. Had one really cool album.

Oh, and apparently there is a Mexican Morrissey act called Mexissey?

Daft as Punk.

Basically just a couple of guys in helmets pressing play on a bunch of daft punk tracks.

Archived