Points record intact

Perth to Paisley

Probably forever.

Unless Hibs dazzle the Championship next season with their flair and swashbuckling.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Mildy pleased. No biggy though, we should be troucing the championship.

Mildy pleased. No biggy though, we should be troucing the championship.

Disagree.

The Championship last season was the strongest it's ever likely to be, and winning it and setting a marker like we did is great for the club/fans/record books.

Rangers couldn't match it despite inferior opposition and a bigger budget.

SwindonJambo

Disagree.

The Championship last season was the strongest it's ever likely to be, and winning it and setting a marker like we did is great for the club/fans/record books.

This, with bells and whistles :)

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Disagree.

Yeah, it was an achievement of sorts given the circumstances; I just don't believe it ranks among our best tbh.

Still we're all entitled to our opinions I suppose.

Disagree.

and a better team and management ;) it makes our title grab all the more impressive.

queensferryjambo

Well I am very pleased that our record stayed intact.

I await all the 'cool cats' saying how they aren't bothered :)

mattyw_1874

I think it's great that it's stayed in tact. The fall and revival of our club will be told to further generations of jambos for a long time. Getting promoted in a record breaking fashion is something we should be proud of.

Son Of Anarchy

I think it's great that it's stayed in tact. The fall and revival of our club will be told to further generations of jambos for a long time. Getting promoted in a record breaking fashion is something we should be proud of.

Absolutely spot on. Great season, record points total in hardest ever championship.

Bowmans_Boot

I must admit that I dont give much of a **** if any club beats our "record haul" in the championship. We are a top league, rather than lower league club, we got out of it easily but that is it over for me.  I didn't even particularly celebrate when we won it, to be honest, it was more satisfactory than celebratory. 

merseysidejambo

I must admit that I dont give much of a **** if any club beats our "record haul" in the championship. We are a top league, rather than lower league club, we got out of it easily but that is it over for me.  I didn't even particularly celebrate when we won it, to be honest, it was more satisfactory than celebratory. 

Aww did your big team no beat our total.  Of course you don't care.

Stephen Muddie

Aww did your big team no beat our total.  Of course you don't care.

lol Bowman is a bloonose

what is with this crap on here anyway? Seriously boring chatter if I may give my opinion.

While I'm semi-satisfied that the points total looks safe for, er, ever, it's the sort of thing that Hubz fandans boast about (or used to lol)

:blink:

Mr Brightside

I must admit that I dont give much of a **** if any club beats our "record haul" in the championship. We are a top league, rather than lower league club, we got out of it easily but that is it over for me. I didn't even particularly celebrate when we won it, to be honest, it was more satisfactory than celebratory.

It's nice to have the record points total. Like you I never bothered celebrating winning the Championship, I was just glad we got out of it.

Not only did we achieve it with Rangsrs in the league, but also Hibs, and remember, they were the best footballing side in Scotland at the time.

Not something i give a single **** about if truth be told, the important thing was getting out the league never to return, i enjoyed the season but i want to put that behind me never to be thought of again.

I must admit that I dont give much of a **** if any club beats our "record haul" in the championship. We are a top league, rather than lower league club, we got out of it easily but that is it over for me. I didn't even particularly celebrate when we won it, to be honest, it was more satisfactory than celebratory.

That's because of how easily we coped with the league. If we won it on the last day of the season at Hibs' or Rangers' expense, there'd be mass celebrations.

chester copperpot

Disagree.

Spot on. Instead of Hearts, Rangers have faced St Mirren so its been a much easier league.

Im not sure if Rangers have got maximum points against them but this makes our achievement a lot bigger.

Hibs will win every game next year though by 3 goals at least so this thread is futile.

Disagree.

100% this.  

Spitonastranger

You let your team die :toff:

.... As is says on the tin

Big deal.

Whilst the team did fantastic to get us back where we belong, the whole scenario that resulted in our relegation was hardly our finest moment, and TBH a bit of an embarrassment.

Buffalo Bill

I think we held the record attendance for the 'First Division', or even lower league football for a long time (about 19,000 v Dundee, circa 1978) until The Rangers were formed in 2012.

I'm not that bothered about the points record. Just glad we got in and out of that league in just seven months; hopefully never to return.

maroonlegions

Big deal.

Whilst the team did fantastic to get us back where we belong, the whole scenario that resulted in our relegation was hardly our finest moment, and TBH a bit of an embarrassment.

Feck me, seriously , what kind of jambo pisses all over anything that results in success for Hearts, winning that league and  the manner in which it was done  at the FIRST  time of asking was glorious.

Considering were we where the season before it was an achievement well worth the celebrations and joy displayed and felt by all at the club, thank feck you are in the tiny majority of those that belittle  that achievement.. FTH HHGH 

Did you go to all those AWAY  games that season??  

I think we held the record attendance for the 'First Division', or even lower league football for a long time (about 19,000 v Dundee, circa 1978) until The Rangers were formed in 2012.

I'm not that bothered about the points record. Just glad we got in and out of that league in just seven months; hopefully never to return.

Just as you mentioned we held the record crowd attendance for many years, people in years to come will comment on the points record from time to time.

As someone mentioned previously, to get from where we were to champions and promotion in such a short time was some achievement. I'm glad we have the points record to go with it.

letsalldothebeattie

Can't see it being broke for a while now. We broke Hibs record from 98/99 next season depending on if Hibs are in it will be a tough one United possibly Killie, Hibs, Falkirk, Raith, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Morton that's a league that everyone will beat everyone and nobody will get close to the record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son Of Anarchy

13010906_1113510205358182_22366799162390

:verysmug:

As someone who supported Hearts home and away during our "yoyo years" those stats bring me great pride indeed :smug:

I'm delighted our points record still stands. Looking back at the final table though I'm a bit disappointed we never scored a hundred goals.

Feck me, seriously , what kind of jambo pisses all over anything that results in success for Hearts, winning that league and  the manner in which it was done  at the FIRST  time of asking was glorious.

Considering were we where the season before it was an achievement well worth the celebrations and joy displayed and felt by all at the club, thank feck you are in the tiny majority of those that belittle  that achievement.. FTH HHGH 

Did you go to all those AWAY  games that season??  

Was at every home game and 9 away games - why?  Do you need to attend all Away games to express an opinion?

Bowmans_Boot

You let your team die :toff:

The reality is that I helped to do the exact opposite, and continue to do so, but on you go.... 

BRAVEHEART1874

Wow PHM that don't care about hearts record really hmm more like it's because sevco never beat or even equalled our points total ;) never mind they won the training cup bet you all had a wee buckfast shandy that day eh?

Wow PHM that don't care about hearts record really hmm more like it's because sevco never beat or even equalled our points total ;) never mind they won the training cup bet you all had a wee buckfast shandy that day eh?

What a stupid post.

PsychocAndy

As someone who supported Hearts home and away during our "yoyo years" those stats bring me great pride indeed :smug:

b6ef05717d1b7c3fc25ba0fa06cb6268.jpg

alwaysthereinspirit

Big deal.

Pretty $#!te post.

We had just escaped administration; we had gone an entire year under a 'no new signings' moratorium; we had no money; we had a very young team; we had a new and untested head coach; and we were faced with the strongest Championship in years.

Despite all that, we won the Championship so handily that the phrase "did a Hearts" appeared in the Scottish sporting vocabulary.  For those who say that it was only the Championship, you can only play the hand you get dealt, and in the Championship was where we were.

I'm proud that we hold the points record for the Championship, and I hope the record stands for many years.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/13010906_1113510205358182_2236679916239097276_n.jpg?

oh=72a2beac25ae8f3ecb0c0e3d96cd8c25&oe=5774F0E0

Dundee the season before won the league with 62 points shows how unbelievably well we did and may never be equaled

:verysmug:

Not well enough to impress some of our members unfortunately.

As others have said it was an amazing achievement considering the teams in the league and our situation post administration.

It certainly isn't something to feel"meh" about in my opinion.

Rangers did very well this season

A decent total.

Hearts achievement is still underestimated partly due to the love in with Hibs and meltdown of Rangers taking most of the publicity.

Not only did we achieve it with Rangsrs in the league, but also Hibs, and remember, they were the best footballing side in the WORLD at the time.

Ftfy lol

Feck me, seriously , what kind of jambo pisses all over anything that results in success for Hearts, winning that league and the manner in which it was done at the FIRST time of asking was glorious.

Considering were we where the season before it was an achievement well worth the celebrations and joy displayed and felt by all at the club, thank feck you are in the tiny majority of those that belittle that achievement.. FTH HHGH

Did you go to all those AWAY games that season??

This.

I'm pleased our points record is still there. Difficult league and whilst it was dreadful to get relegated, I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and the feel good factor about the club.

Rangers could quite easily have eclipsed our total but it makes it all the more impressive they haven't with us not there.

Looks like our goals tally isn't under threat from Rangers either unless they have a couple of big wins.

It's crazy how little credit Neilson and the players get for that. Hibs gained plaudits this year for apparently playing an attacking style but we scored nearly double the number of goals last season as they have this season, and we didn't even have a free-scoring striker like Cummings or Waghorn. 

Archived