Thompson today

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Thought he was brilliant today.

Letvthe tackles fly, talked to the players and never through cards about like confetti.

Punished the correct fouls, that broke up up and play, but let the game flow like it should.

Showed that every missed tackle isn't a booking and controlled the game with sense and communication.

Why can't every game be the same?

Because they're the old firm, and the rules are more leniant for them, it allows the game to be 'fiesty'.

The problem is that the same standards aren't applied to other clubs, who end up with yellow and red cards for the same kind of challenges which go unpunished in OF games. And given that this is professional sport we're talking about, where margins can be extremely fine, the difference made by (non-) suspensions can be crucial.

He was never going to book a Celtic or Rangers player unless he absolutely had to.

He is still a shit referee. Not the shittest, but still shit.

There were at least 5 stick on bookings that he let go. It shouldn't matter at what stage of the game the fouls are committed or which 2 teams are playing, a booking is a booking.

Add to that his inexplicable call to overrule his linesman (leading to Rangers' 2nd goal) when he couldn't possibly have had a clear view of the incident and I'd say he had a poor to average game.

Phil Dunphy

Understandable.

An Old Firm referee isn't usually as keen to ruin a 'spectacle' like an Old Firm game, where they have no issue doing it in other league games.

There were at least 5 stick on bookings that he let go. It shouldn't matter at what stage of the game the fouls are committed or which 2 teams are playing, a booking is a booking.

Add to that his inexplicable call to overrule his linesman (leading to Rangers' 2nd goal) when he couldn't possibly have had a clear view of the incident and I'd say he had a poor to average game.

That throw was everything that's wrong with officiating in this country. Referees making decisions they can't possibly see better than their assistant. How often do we come home from a Hearts match and slag assistant refs because they waited on Collum, Thommo etc making the call and then clearly following a wrong decision?

They're miked up are they not...?

Assistant: Celtic throw.

Thommo: You sure?

Assistant: One hundred percent.

Job done in two seconds!

Other than that, officials were fine IMO.

This. 

Guy rightly booked for jersey pulling (tame stuff , but that is the LAW) - but brutal tackles (from both sides) go unpunished. He made it up as he went along.

And fair play to the Sky commentator who mentioned the number of booking Johansen has picked up in Euro games. That tells it's own story about how lenient Scottish refs are.

And he's not praying

His performance was similar to 19/05/12 in my opinion.

Agreed.

It's the refereeing differently of 'lesser' games that annoys.

Seymour M Hersh

Once again his performance underlines and confirms (as if that was required) that everyone outside the OF are cheated by the officials because (in their own words, Willie Young) the OF are refereed differently.

Bazzas right boot

Once again his performance underlines and confirms (as if that was required) that everyone outside the OF are cheated by the officials because (in their own words, Willie Young) the OF are refereed differently.

This is frustrating, if every game was Refereed this way it would be good, but they're not.

Craig Thomson had an absolute shocker in the vermin cup game at Tynecastle. His failure to clamp down on their shocking challenges possibly cost us the cup this season.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Mini using Tapatalk

The Treasurer

Never watched the match so I can't comment on the ref's performance.

However I'm sure I've read somewhere a senior referee being quoted that they do referee OF games differently from other matches.

The media just accepted this statement, when they should really be asking WHY

Thought he was brilliant today.

Letvthe tackles fly, talked to the players and never through cards about like confetti.

Punished the correct fouls, that broke up up and play, but let the game flow like it should.

Showed that every missed tackle isn't a booking and controlled the game with sense and communication.

Why can't every game be the same?

The reason is (as confirmed by Dallas) OF games are refereed more leniently.

I guarantee Hearts players (or any other teams for that matter) would have got a bundle of cards.

I though he refereed the game very well but couldn't help feel frustrated that the same level of common sense and leniency isn't shown in every game across the country on a weekly basis.

colinmaroon

The problem is that the same standards aren't applied to other clubs, who end up with yellow and red cards for the same kind of challenges which go unpunished in OF games. And given that this is professional sport we're talking about, where margins can be extremely fine, the difference made by (non-) suspensions can be crucial.

Absolutely and, don't they know it.

the big show

Halliday got away with s good few dodgy challenges.

And so did Brown who again quite easily could have seen red . 

Archived