Alloy wheel help

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

Going to be doing a shed load of over time during the summer and with the money i want to get a new set of wheels for my car but i havent got a clue and dont know any decent web sites to look at.

The car in question is a Seat Leon Cupra, it has the Cupra R body kit on it and it currently has 17's on it. I was thinking off putting 18's on the car as was thinking 19's would be too big.

Was looking to pay up to ?800 for wheels and tyres so does anyone know what type i should go for?

Cheers

Personally I would stick with 17" or 19". I had a pair of WolfRace 5 spoke 17" on my old pug (recently upgraded to a Golf GT) which were pretty decent. I think 18" are a bizarre size and as such new tyres cost a fortune compared to 17" and 19". Keep in mind what the wear on the tyres is going to be, I had Yokohoma "street racing" tyres and they lasted me 3 years before swapping them with the rear tyres (front wheel drive car). I would do some research to see what alloys look good on the car (cringeworthy I know but try max power sites etc for some images).

Anyways... why would you want to change the alloys!? I though the Leon Cupra came with good alloys!?

there is a site out there that lets you see a mock up of you car with the alloys they offer on it, have a search, I cant find the link sorry.

Goose Baxter
Personally I would stick with 17" or 19". I had a pair of WolfRace 5 spoke 17" on my old pug (recently upgraded to a Golf GT) which were pretty decent. I think 18" are a bizarre size and as such new tyres cost a fortune compared to 17" and 19". Keep in mind what the wear on the tyres is going to be, I had Yokohoma "street racing" tyres and they lasted me 3 years before swapping them with the rear tyres (front wheel drive car). I would do some research to see what alloys look good on the car (cringeworthy I know but try max power sites etc for some images).

Anyways... why would you want to change the alloys!? I though the Leon Cupra came with good alloys!?

The wheels that are on the car the now are pretty smart but i just think it would look nicer with better ones. I was thinking that wheels that go on an audi or VW would look smart on the car as well obviously without the badges on them.

It was either wheels or i get the car re-maped to go faster and give it that wee bit more power.

The wheels that are on the car the now are pretty smart but i just think it would look nicer with better ones. I was thinking that wheels that go on an audi or VW would look smart on the car as well obviously without the badges on them.

It was either wheels or i get the car re-maped to go faster and give it that wee bit more power.

Would need to watch the offsets etc on the wheels.

Goose Baxter

In english please? what are offsets?

winchester 73

I would let your motor insurance company know if you are going to change

the alloys. There may be additional premiums to pay as you are modifying the vehicle. Better wheels makes the car more likely to get knicked so your premiums may go up. Failure to do this often ends in tears. Trust me.

Goose Baxter
I would let your motor insurance company know if you are going to change

the alloys. There may be additional premiums to pay as you are modifying the vehicle. Better wheels makes the car more likely to get knicked so your premiums may go up. Failure to do this often ends in tears. Trust me.

Car gets kept in a garage mate, but i understamd what you mean, i wouldnt tell my insurance about the wheels as my insurance is sky-high at the moment anyway.

Goose Baxter
Keep saving and buy a Cupra R ;)

I wanted to mate honestly, they cars are amazing, bit i am just going to have to get it remaped to make it faster than the Cupra R. the insurance for that was ?800 more than what i am paying now because off my points.

That will be my next car i think, dont like the new Cupra model.

Destruction Derby

I got mine from skidz in falkirk, quite good price wise, have bought 2 sets from there, 15's for my wee fiesta then 17's for my new astra sports hatch.

;)

Wouldnt be an issue in this instance.

Archived