What Changed?

maroonedinbriz

maroonedinbriz

For 15 to 20 minutes Aberdeen were ripping us apart. What did Robbie do to the team to change things round?

The Internet

They just had a good start. For me the game changed when Juanma won the ball over in their corner and drove at them, winning a free kick. Seemed to give us a boost and we never looked back. 

For 15 to 20 minutes Aberdeen were ripping us apart. What did Robbie do to the team to change things round?

I think it was as simple as we started to match them physically. First 15 minutes we were 2nd to every ball and made it easy for them. Once we got in and about them we started to dominate the game.

For 15 to 20 minutes Aberdeen were ripping us apart. What did Robbie do to the team to change things round?

Good question

The team just got a bit sharper in pressing them and we started to keep possession

They rely on quick balls forward. They all came off early albeit helped by bizarre defending. But we started to a. stop the quick balls better b. defend better, more decisive

But its still curious. Like Aberdeen only bothered when it was easy for them and it clicked. When it got harder McGinn and Hayes especially don't seem so bothered to work hard. They seem easily discouraged. Just Logan that kept going all game. Will have to look a sheep forums over weekend to see what they are saying.

Credit to Hearts for fighting and working hard to take control.

Good question

The team just got a bit sharper in pressing them and we started to keep possession

They rely on quick balls forward. They all came off early albeit helped by bizarre defending. But we started to a. stop the quick balls better b. defend better, more decisive

But its still curious. Like Aberdeen only bothered when it was easy for them and it clicked. When it got harder McGinn and Hayes especially don't seem so bothered to work hard. They seem easily discouraged. Just Logan that kept going all game. Will have to look a sheep forums over weekend to see what they are saying.

Credit to Hearts for fighting and working hard to take control.

I think you're right. I got the impression Aberdeen lost all faith and hunger after failing to capitalise on their good start. From the moment Hearts crawled into the game, Aberdeen shrank into their shell and had already run out of ideas. Undoubtedly they have some very good players but there's something missing from them somewhere. Even Hibs looked more threatening in attack.

Carrick1874

For 15 to 20 minutes Aberdeen were ripping us apart. What did Robbie do to the team to change things round?

Nothing, the players for me anyway reacted to the crowd getting so much behind them.

scott herbertson

I'm pretty sure McInnes will have said to them to come at us all guns blazing, given our lack of training this week, illness and a reshuffled defence. It worked, but we soon settled. Almost every ball from them was londg and down the wings and we covered that better and better as the game went on, whereas they couldn't get a gripof the game in midfield and we gradually started to dominate there, cutting off their supply. I think Robbie set out the team right and they played with intelligence and application - job done

stirlingshirejambo

Nothing, the players for me anyway reacted to the crowd getting so much behind them.

What was their half time warm up all about

2 minutes right in front of their fans in the Hearts half with Hearts getting ready for kick off

Was it to whip their fans into a frenzy

Was it to form some bond with their fans

Whatever it was it didn't work

Shit warm up routine

Shit second half from them

We owned then

Augustyn put his boots on the  right feet

:laugh: and I just thought we were slow to get out of second gear. Or did we realise Dauda wasn't selected in the starting line up so that gave the forwards a extra bit of confidence.

I thought we started slowly and wondered if the illness had taken its toll. Once we had the header cleared off the line the team seemed to get a massive lift and maybe adrenaline took over. Whatever it was, we dominated Aberdeen afterwards.

Another excellent performance and another really enjoyable game to watch between 2 good teams.

Brussels Hearts changed bars after a losing streak

How ironic it was called Celtica

Aberdeen weren't that great in the first 15 we were just awful and were defending like a Sunday league team. Once we got a grip we were the better team by a mile.

Augustyn put his boots on the  right feet

This.... I don't think the regular changes we keep making in defence help.... It took a while for the guys to get used to playing as a unit.

Sometimes it's nothing to do with the players or the tactics. 

What actually happened was that a boy near me in the Main Stand went for a pish on the half hour mark and again on the hour mark, resulting directly in two Hearts goals. 

After the second goal, he returned to his seat to a standing ovation.

Surprised this wasn't mentioned in the match report.

No big scientific reason.

I think it was simply the players eventually working to get themselves into the game. The start we made wasn`t Neilson`s fault.

That`s football, its not always a tactical or formation reason.

Notorious BIG

Footballs a confidence game, Aberdeen started well and fast which knocked our confidence at the start of the game, Took us 20-25 minutes to get our foot on the ball and win the midfield back after that we managed the game well

Jambof3tornado

We doubled up on their wide men, meaning they had to go punt ball. Plus Djoum and buaban got more involved.

Aberdeens front three pressed our back 4 for the first 20mins. It rattled us , we made mistakes and we started playing it long.

Kitchen and bauben slowly but surely got us back into it. It was sheer will and heart though. That was the most satisfying part of our game.

Second half I thought the Dons lost their composure and started bickering with each other. We kept our cool and went into the lead.

It was a cracking game though. Aberdeen have been the best team I have seen at Tynie this year on all 3 visits.

gowestjambo

Once we realised that standing watching them run rings round us was not working, we started to remember how to play football!

Delighted with the result, but the way we continually allow the opposition the initiative from kick off needs to be changed.

As the home team we should start with correct attitude. If Aberdeen had got a second goal in their 15 minute spell of dominance it may have turned out to be a copy of our first home game against them.

Pants Shaton

We started fighting for every lost cause - closing down, winning 2nd balls.

Juanma worked harder than usual but was still getting pelters from teammates when he failed to do the chasing/took days to get back from offside.

Nicolson switched to the right.

I think this was a key moment, logan was marking sam well and causing bother when he tried to get foward, it all started to change after he switched wings.

Bazzas right boot

Got to remember there are two teams, how the other team plays has a an impact, they won't roll over and let us win.

They are a good side and started well, could have blown us away, they never. We held on and then pressed our game on them.

They started very high tempo and pushed up all over the park, we made mistakes , however you can't do that for a whole half, never mind the whole game, their tactics seem to be blow us away early then see the game out, never worked for them this time.

I think Souttar was also uncomfortable at RB for the first 20, but then got to grips with the game.

Djoum an Bauben along with Kitchen then got a foothold and we kicked on.

We started off playing three at the back with Souttar slightly advanced into midfield. They played with 3 up top, Church & two wingers. That meant there was no spare bodies at the back hence we just kept on playing it long and it kept coming straight back. Nicholson on the left, left him unsure whether to track back and defend or stay advanced as a "winger". We kept on getting exposed. We eventually twigged and reverted back to 4 at the back and looked a lot more settled. 4-1-3-2.

avhudtheteeshirt

What was their half time warm up all about

2 minutes right in front of their fans in the Hearts half with Hearts getting ready for kick off

Was it to whip their fans into a frenzy

Was it to form some bond with their fans

Whatever it was it didn't work

Shit warm up routine

Shit second half from t

We owned then

Not keen on your poetry, but I know it is supposed to mean more when it doesn't rhyme.

So hey ho.

I always find it takes a bit of time to get things together after a dose of the shits and suspect it was down to that

chester copperpot

My personal opinion was that we were shaking off the effects of the skitters and finally realised 'haud on here, we feel actually awrite' then had a go at them.

I was still nervous the last 10 when Robbie went defensive but it all worked out alright I suppose.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Maybe a wee reminder that "Neilson's tactics" aren't always the root cause when things aren't going well. If the players aren't at it, tactics become pretty irrelevant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The new look defence figured out who was to do what when the ball was wide and stopped them running at our full backs. Aberdeen then resorted to long balls at four centre halves.

scott herbertson

We are a better team than the Sheep, simples....

We have a winner, folks

Maybe it was the players !!

It's football it happens ......

Archived