?170,000

amadjambo

Did we really only pay ?170,000 for Souttar.

:rofl:

We have absolutely robbed Utd blind on this one.

:pleasing:

I was ****ing delighted when we signed him. Living up in Dundee, he was literally the only player they went on about. He is an absolute unit. Never stops, and you just don't get past him.

We'll get ?1 Million minimum for him :yas:

thought it was ?120k ?

Pretty sure I read they are getting 20% of any fee we get when we sell him 

Still ****ing bargain anyway

thought it was ?120k ?

Pretty sure I read they are getting 20% of any fee we get when we sell him

Still ******* bargain anyway

You might be right. ?120,000 is even more of a robbery. Incredible piece of business.

He's fantastic at timing tackles. A few times, Nicholson was doing his best to chase them back down the wing but they'd keep ahead of him. Then Souttar comes running over and their no longer a threat, sometimes taking the man out as he wins the ball perfectly. I think it was Souttar who headed the ball back to Alexander from what seemed like the 6 yard box calmly and composed.

Son Of Anarchy

Will only get better aswell. I was excited about getting Souttar than anyone else. All he needed was good team mates and atmosphere to shine. Hearts FC stalwart for years to come.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only flaw I can find with him is his throw-ins! I can live with that!

One of the most composed young defenders to play for us. Looks like he could be better than Berra and Webster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My MoM tonight sorry Juanma, Soapy never put a foot wrong even after Hayes nutted him. Speaking of that it seemed the only thing the ref got right with regards to consistency following the Oshinawa booking last week.

As has been said, in a vibrant positive playing side, he will flourish and we will reap the benefit.

He is a type of player I really would like to see spend his career at Hearts, we got him for very little money, he could make us a lot more, being with us and the success we could achieve, than a possible short term fix by selling on.

In interview John Souttar said it was ?120k

Maybe there are add ons

?120,000 :rofl:

e8f102c1b4add8f42422509e97f21d50.jpg

Our line-up for next season is a mouth-watering prospect with so many good players already on the books.

Cannae wait.

Is there a sell on fee? Utd would be maniacs for there not to be .

I've decided I'm going to get a shirt with Souttar printed on the back for 5's.

I play 2 or 3 times a week, so it should be enough exposure to wind up plenty of United fans :lol:

Captain America

Outstanding piece of business.

DOF & the manager deserve a lot of credit.

A mate of mine said the other week 'John Soutar is the player Danny Wilson thinks he is' Spor on.

Young Souttar is like a rolls royce when he gets going.

BobbyJenkins

A mate of mine said the other week 'John Soutar is the player Danny Wilson thinks he is' Spor on.

Souttar finds his man, Wilson more often than not found the touchline.

Arthur Morgan

This!

Did we really only pay ?170,000 for Souttar.

:rofl:

We have absolutely robbed Utd blind on this one.

:pleasing:

Good. The amount of Hearts players that we could have done with who played their best football at that wee club irritates the hell out of me!

Captain Price

I ****ing love Souttar.

Quickly becoming my favourite player at the club.

John Findlay

Tierney of Celtic can be picked for Scotland as of now. Then there is no reason John Souttar should not be picked too. Yes IMHO he is that good and if he keeps the heid then will only get better.

Ecce Romanov

Didn't he take the free kicks at DU? If it was him, he seemed to score quite a few

Outstanding player, think CB is certainly his best position and with a back 4 of Rossi,Ozturk, Souttar, Paterson, we will not lose many games next season.

Guess The Crowd

Good. The amount of Hearts players that we could have done with who played their best football at that wee club irritates the hell out of me!

Good point. I guess you're meaning Eamonn Bannon and Davie Bowman. It always irked me that the 1985/86 team might have been even better if we'd managed to hold on to them.

The only flaw I can find with him is his throw-ins! I can live with that!

And to be fair Geoff, how often do centre backs normally take throw ins?

Guy's quality!

Geoff Kilpatrick

And to be fair Geoff, how often do centre backs normally take throw ins?

Guy's quality!

Indeed. He's done well at RB and that isn't his position.

Indeed. He's done well at RB and that isn't his position.

Definitely not. I thought he had a good game yesterday but he's not a right back. I think Smith must've been recovering because I wouldn't have put Souttar to right back just to accommodate Augustyn.

gashauskis9

:spoton:

gashauskis9

If they've got 20% sell on, hopefully we have a hefty minimum fee clause.

To be fair to United, they've already developed him into a quality player, so it's only fair they get a decent wedge imo.

johnking123

He had a slow start to the game last night. But improved as the game went on. Never hid and put in some great challenges. What a player he will be if he keeps improving. Take note Jordan McGhee!

plastic_bas

Outstanding player, think CB is certainly his best position and with a back 4 of Rossi,Ozturk, Souttar, Paterson, we will not lose many games next season.

I really like Rossi but if he is our first choice left back next season we have had a bad summer of recruitment.

Back on topic, Souttar is an absolute steal and a gem of a player.

Ibrahim Tall

That we'd be annoyed if we sold him for ?1m today only a few months after signing him for ?120,000 shows how much we robbed United. :laugh:

He'll go to the very top in my opinion.

Arthur Morgan

I really like Rossi but if he is our first choice left back next season we have had a bad summer of recruitment.

Back on topic, Souttar is an absolute steal and a gem of a player.

Yeah I agree. After all, Rossi is a centre back, we need a good player whose natural position is left back.

i wish jj was my dad

He's been fantastic for Hearts and look very much like realising the potential he showed at Utd before they decided to become Celtic's feeder club.  Any national coach with an eye on the future would be getting him ready for the next set of qualifiers. But that wee Hibs/Celtic prefers Gordon Greer. Get the laddie in 

Darkwhisky7

At the end of the day Scotland failed miserably to qualify, yet again! If Strachan persists with the same players who failed us before without blooding young players like Walker and Souttar then we aint going to get any better, they ARE good enough to have an impact in the next couple of years.

Archived