Turned up and "had a go"

middie101

We actually turned up at Tim Park, and bossed most of the game so far. Going to get beaten but we've set up to attack! So fair play to Robbie!

Ferryjambo99

On another day we'd be winning but some sloppy defending and a lack of good finishing has cost us

And the result is a hit on the goal difference. Fair enough though, I understand folk would rather have a go and get a dull one than keep it tight and maybe nick a point.

glastonbury jambo

Yes id rather what was today than sitting back and shitting ourselves to try and get a draw, we played some good stuff at times.

There are plenty positives to take from this game and it's been a good game to show us and the management where we need to improve.

Djoum, Buaben and Kitchen look good and I'd be happy with that middle next season.

Oshaniwa might just be a left back after all but more improvement needed.

Souttar and Ozturk are next seasons partnership in central defence. No doubt.

We need a goalscorer. Doesn't even matter if he is a bang average player, as long as he is clinical in front of goal he would do. Let the others around him to the dirty work.

Yes id rather what was today than sitting back and shitting ourselves to try and get a draw, we played some good stuff at times.

Yeah, fair enough man. I wasn't being sarcastic. I understand why people feel that way. Fair dues.

If only we had sow or another decent striker I feel we'd have won today. But definitely alot of positives to take from this.

mahgrassyshoes

My only complaint aboug today is there were a few times in the first half where we won the ball in midfield and a player found themselves in between the celtic midfield and defence and we didn't drive at them. It's like we didn't have the belief we could attack them like that.

We dominated the first half. One of the best 45 minutes I've seen from a Hearts side at Parkhead.

indianajones

We were the better team today. Absolutely dominant. 

If Madden had the balls to send Scott Brown off for one of the two footed lunges early in the first half it may have been a different story. Saying that as soon as he was booked he virtually non existent. A joke of a 'footballer'. 

If only we had a prolific goalscorer. 

Agree with op. At least we had a go and played some good stuff in first half. Had we scored a second at any time think we would have seen them panic a bit. Have to take our chances though obviously.

Seen us play far worse at the Tattie Bowl.

I'd rather have been pish and got a point but.....

Credit to our boys today, played well in large parts and deserved so much more. Chin up lads.

Captain Sausage

No complaints from me on the first half performance. Thought we were a bit too laid back in the second half, but we created enough openings to win a couple of games.

Couple of fantastic strikes won Celtic the match, but thought we were by far the better team.

Half time pie

Think it demonstrated how badly we need a couple of quality strikers. I think we would have won if we were more potent up front and took the chances that went begging today.

Stephen Muddie

I predicted 3-1. What I didn't predict was a positive performance and lack of cutting edge preventing us taking at least a point.

Juanma and others to blame for that. Tactically not much to argue with I thought. Oshaniwa should not be playing though IMO

The Internet

Missed the game and feared the worst when I seen the score, good to read we at least had a go.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

We actually turned up at Tim Park, and bossed most of the game so far. Going to get beaten but we've set up to attack! So fair play to Robbie!

:cornette:

We should have played on the counter like last time. Robbie should have stuck to his principles in this match.

Fans are happy to lose as long as we 'have a go' laughable.

Never happy to get beat! But it's much better getting beaten 3-1 and putting in a decent show. Than getting beaten 1-0 in a gutless performance.

A_A wehatethehibs

Had the opportunities been buried the result would have been different. We look like we have real quality in all areas other than up front, even though juanma did well today he really should have taken that big chance at 1-1 you have to feel that sow would have put it away.

Not our day today but if we play that way we will have the beating of Aberdeen. Looks like all that remains this season is to tie up 3rd and see what areas we can improve on for next year which will be a tasty one with rangers back.

I think a better midfielder than Buaben, a better striker than Juanma and Paterson back in the team and we could have nabbed something

Hot since 86

We should have played on the counter like last time. Robbie should have stuck to his principles in this match.

not sure what the cornette is all about. That was much better than watching the boring shite that we normally plat at Celtic.

The approach to the game of trying to win the game and failing because you miss half a dozen great chances will bring more points than parking the bus and hoping Celtic miss 20 sitters

Was happier today than with our back to the wall last nil nil there.

So much better, can go to work on Monday in the Weej with head held high.

Full credit to Hearts today - a fantastic performance. Great tempo and an eagerness to push forward. Every player deserves credit today. Yes, some sloppy finishing and defending could have been tighter at times, but the heart was there and that matters most to me.  

Diadora Van Basten

Celtic were very poor. We did better than usual but I think a lot of that was down to Celtic.

Some of our positive play in the 1st half today was an absolute joy...bit deflated with the scoreline but the patches in the first half alone were cause for great optimism going forward into the future :)

I think a better midfielder than Buaben, a better striker than Juanma and Paterson back in the team and we could have nabbed something

I thought Prince had a really tidy match and took the ball forward well.

If we sat in, played on the counter attack, got battered for 90mins and beat by a couple of goals everyone would be banging on about Neilson's negative tactics - the guy can't win.

I'm glad we had a go. We've pretty much got nothing to play for this season and on another day, we could have been out of sight at half time

Thunderstruck

Next year, we'll go there and win! Didn't get the luck we needed today!

I fully expect to see Hearts back at Parkhead this season.

mahgrassyshoes

Until we start going to Parkhead believing we can take the game to them and beat them we'll never win there regularly.

Today was a big step forward in terms of performance and mentality. Continue to improve the squad and maintain that mentality and we can one day expect to challenge for the title.

Revert to going there and playing backs to the wall hoping to nick a point or a 1-0 victory and we'll continue to get beat there regularly.

That level of performance would best any other team in the league. Need sharpness up top to take more from Celtic though

All I could ever ask for.  Zero complaints, and I'm glad I dragged myself up at quarter past four to take this one in.

glastonbury jambo

Bwaaa ha ha ..erse alert.

And the result is a hit on the goal difference. Fair enough though, I understand folk would rather have a go and get a dull one than keep it tight and maybe nick a point.

Its about the future though and getting into the mentality we can take them on.

For future teams knowing past teams went there and competed.

We've played really well today, (certainly the first half)not just competing but dominating the ball, moving it superbly, good link play and really making them worry.

The next part is trying to marry it with being a good unit defensively when we lose the ball but we saw today we have a bit to go on that front.

But it's encouraging. The only thing I felt let down by was lack of urgency at 3-1. Celtic wanted the game to die and we got sucked into it a bit. We needed characters in there urging their team mates on and lifting the pace again....good stuff though even in defeat.

Its about the future though and getting into the mentality we can take them on.

For future teams knowing past teams went there and competed.

We've played really well today, (certainly the first half)not just competing but dominating the ball, moving it superbly, good link play and really making them worry.

The next part is trying to marry it with being a good unit defensively when we lose the ball but we saw today we have a bit to go on that front.

But it's encouraging. The only thing I felt let down by was lack of urgency at 3-1. Celtic wanted the game to die and we got sucked into it a bit. We needed characters in there urging their team mates on and lifting the pace again....good stuff though even in defeat.

It's all fair enough. I'd rather have the point/points personally, but there is a benefit in attacking and losing too, for future confidence levels.

come on mate, see the bigger picture.

If we want to progress it's performances like that we will need to produce to challenge or win leagues.

How old are you? I've witnessed all sorts of performances from Hearts and we still lost through there...a lot. What do you want? A hopeful 10 men behind the ball and still get beaten? That's worked well in the past eh?

Forwards thinking, belief we can take them on is what it's about for Hearts. Maybe next time we'll spank them if we play like that? Get in their heads and make them worry that we CAN dominate them.

PsychocAndy

Not downhearted today. A great team effort with everyone at least a 7 /10.

I've come to expect a dodgy ref performance and my only complaints today was Osh's 2 yellows and a lack of a red for Brown. 0-1 up against 10 men and the way we were playing, we would have hammered them.

MacDonald Jardine

The approach to the game of trying to winarrow-10x10.png the game and failing because you miss half a dozen great chances will bring more points than parking the bus and hoping Celtic miss 20 sitters

Well yes in the long run it will because you're not relying on what the opposition do.

Never happy to get beat! But it's much better getting beaten 3-1 and putting in a decent show. Than getting beaten 1-0 in a gutless performance.

Its also about seeing progress in building a team

Thought Buaben was good today, Juanma done ok as well, attitude seemed a bit better

Pleased with the performance in general. Quite happy to accept the odd defeat, if the overall performance is positive. With that kind of attacking mentality against St Johnstone and the like, we would be in aberdeens position at worst.

Still believe in Robbie, if only he took that positivity in to more games.

Even Juwon, in spells, looked ok - something that I grudge admitting. Awful touch at 1-1 in the Celtic box to put us ahead, but I can take a lot of positives from today.

2 or 3 decent signings away from challenging first/second next season IMHO.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

come on mate, see the bigger picture.

If we want to progress it's performances like that we will need to produce to challenge or win leagues.

How old are you? I've witnessed all sorts of performances from Hearts and we still lost through there...a lot. What do you want? A hopeful 10 men behind the ball and still get beaten? That's worked well in the past eh?

Forwards thinking, belief we can take them on is what it's about for Hearts. Maybe next time we'll spank them if we play like that? Get in their heads and make them worry that we CAN dominate them.

Celtic are a huge club with vastly superior resources and have better players. You don't go to parkhead and try to match them, if you will see results like today regularly. Csaba Laszlo had a very good record at Parkhead, you stop Celtic scoring by giving them no space and taking your chances when they arise. That is how you beat them regularly.

Celtic will almost always have a better squad than us and if we try to match them we will lose more than we win.

There are games we could have had a go instead of being cautious, this was not one of them. I'm disappointed today, more from Robbies naive tactics than the result tbh.

Celtic are a huge club with vastly superior resources and have better players. You don't go to parkhead and try to match them, if you will see results like today regularly. Csaba Laszlo had a very good record at Parkhead, you stop Celtic scoring by giving them no space and taking your chances when they arise. That is how you beat them regularly.

Celtic will almost always have a better squad than us and if we try to match them we will lose more than we win.

There are games we could have had a go instead of being cautious, this was not one of them. I'm disappointed today, more from Robbies naive tactics than the result tbh.

match them? On the flow of the game we were better.

When you go and try to match a superior team you normally fail to dominate the ball, keep it well, create chances and in turn take a battering and fall apart.

How can you not see that was progress today?

Will we get Csaba back for his cagey football and 1 win in last 8 games in the season we ended up stumbling to 3rd under him?

Ps... We didn't beat Celtic in that season under Csaba.

You do realise that only shocking finishing stopped the last game from being a cricket score.

Harry Potter

We dominated the first half. One of the best 45 minutes I've seen from a Hearts side at Parkhead.

This, and happy we had a go at them.

J.T.F.Robertson

Celtic were very poor. We did better than usual but I think a lot of that was down to Celtic.

Perhaps our display had something to do with theirs?

Archived