Silver 85/86 shirt

Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Guys, I'm just curious to know what this may be worth....

I have a signed, match worn away shirt from the 85/86 season. It's the number 2 shirt, autographed by Gary McKay, Walter Kidd and another one which I can't quite make out. It looks like the first name is Cammy. Maybe someone will be able enlighten me as to who it could be.

It was won in a raffle by a family friend after the season ended in '86 who then gave it to me. I was only 5 at the time and I've had it for over 20 years so I don't know what match it was last used in unfortunately. It's in good condition and has a couple of grass stains on it.

Like I said, I'm just curious to know what it's worth. It may not even be that rare for all I know. I'm not really looking to sell it, unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse of course. Everyone has their price and all that.

Thanks in advance.

Cat

maroonlegions
Guys, I'm just curious to know what this may be worth....

I have a signed, match worn away shirt from the 85/86 season. It's the number 2 shirt, autographed by Gary McKay, Walter Kidd and another one which I can't quite make out. It looks like the first name is Cammy. Maybe someone will be able enlighten me as to who it could be.

It was won in a raffle by a family friend after the season ended in '86 who then gave it to me. I was only 5 at the time and I've had it for over 20 years so I don't know what match it was last used in unfortunately. It's in good condition and has a couple of grass stains on it.

Like I said, I'm just curious to know what it's worth. It may not even be that rare for all I know. I'm not really looking to sell it, unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse of course. Everyone has their price and all that.

Thanks in advance.

Cat

:hobofish::P

Buffalo Bill

My silver strip has seen Hearts win the Scottish Cup.

I've made my piece.

Buffalo Bill

Fxxx the SPFL

The Cammy you are on about was Cammy Fraser who played in central defence/midfield I do collect all the old Hearts Strips so if you wish to sell it let me know how much you want, you can pm me.

:dribble:

Buffalo Bill

I've also made my peace! :confused::confused::confused:

Buffalo Bill

Cat Stevens
I've also made my peace! :confused::confused::confused:

Buffalo Bill

What I want to know is what was on the piece and was it nice?

Drylaw Hearts
The Cammy you are on about was Cammy Fraser who played in central defence/midfield I do collect all the old Hearts Strips so if you wish to sell it let me know how much you want, you can pm me.

Why would Cammy Fraser sign a Hearts jersey from the 85/85 Season ?

chester copperpot

I'd be interested in buying this strip, as my original one no longer fits me.

If its size FB, then I will buy it off you.

I P Knightley

"F" for Effin

"B" for Big?

- or the character in the Austin Powers sequel

It won't be Cammy Frazer,could be Kenny Black or Sandy Clarke/Jardine,that would make more sense.

Cat Stevens
It won't be Cammy Frazer,could be Kenny Black or Sandy Clarke/Jardine,that would make more sense.

rudi I've just text you a pic of the signature. Verify it.

rudi I've just text you a pic of the signature. Verify it.

Hope you got my text phone goosed.

CF played for Hearts in the late 70s very early 80s ,then somehow went to rangers,I think.

I notice alot of fans have got a hang up about the silver felly because of 86.

I don`t know why? Blame a strip for losing the league? As a retro top it`s quite smart.

I got one for the hols as it`s quite light and neat fitting.

Wear it with pride, if anything we still done ourselves proud that year.

FTH , 107, 22.

wheatfield to sheffield
I notice alot of fans have got a hang up about the silver felly because of 86.

I don`t know why?.

It was the best and most beautiful strip we ever had, and then we wore it that day at Dens (and at the cup final, but who cared about that) and so it was forever associated with glorious tragedy and always being the bridesmaid.

maroonlegions

well what ever you do dinnae try mix and matching it and take a photo in the mirror of yourself and post in on here.:rolleyes::P;)

It was the best and most beautiful strip we ever had, and then we wore it that day at Dens (and at the cup final, but who cared about that) and so it was forever associated with glorious tragedy and always being the bridesmaid.

I obviously know that WTS, but it`s as almost some Hearts fans are ashamed to wear it.

:rolleyes:

CF11JamTart

Does anyone know if the retro styley silver tops in Football Nation on Lothian Road are any good? In terms of look, feel, shinyness, etc?

Am tempted to shell out on one. For me, that shirt was part and parcel of that season, with it's incredible highs, and crushing lows.

OK, we ended up that season empty-handed, but it made us a "big player" again.

I had home and away tops that season. I reckon ma chucked them out during a house-move. I'me still spitting feathers. Even though they probably wouldn't fit anymore.... :(

TimeBandit

I really liked that strip...

Nearly got it in fact but as I fancied myself as a goalie at the time opted for the gold goalies top instead...

Pity I was a bit sh**.

Archived