El Hass

Captain Canada

Captain Canada

I don't know how to post a link but just read an article on El Hass with quotes from Neilson saying it's unlikely he'll feature for the first team this season.

Should we negotiate his release or keep the faith and hope he can stay injury free next season?

What is his current problem?

Few weeks ago he was playing youth development gaining fitness.

Captain Canada

The article says he's still struggling for form and fitness despite having played a number of games.

I think it's time to let him go. He never really had the chance to establish himself in a certain position anyway. In my view, he's not a striker and not a winger, so where does he fit in?

Jason Dufner

I would just put the focus on him staying fit and having a full preseason this summer. It's the last year on his contract so it is make or break for him.

I think he's definitely got ability and would give him this chance.

How long was his contract anyway ?

Its a real shame he has been cursed with injuries.

We have never had a chance to see how good he could have been.

Harvey Specter

I don't think we'll see him play for Hearts again. 

I'd love to be proven wrong and see him get a full pre season behind him, stay fit and hit the ground running next season but I just can't see it.

stirlingshirejambo

I'm surprised he made 19 appearances last season to be honest

Not made much of an impression

1 year left. Maybe if he can get back to fully fit in the summer and play some more U20 games. Sounds like he's had injury hell.

He's failed to meet his part of the contract despite being given ample opportunity to prove, improve and get to a standard of fitness required by professional footballers. He and the club will reach an amicable departure agreement.

It is very bad luck for the lad but for the same money we could bring someone in who actually plays for the first team. Not sure of his wages but maybe Zeefuik would be in the same ballpark?

Get rid wage thief no his problem he'd catch a cold in Spain. One of those unlucky players to be racked with injuries

1 year left. Maybe if he can get back to fully fit in the summer and play some more U20 games. Sounds like he's had injury hell.

Who's he going to shift out the team? Walker? Djoum?

Boys finished at Hearts. He'll be away to some no-mark European team in the summer.

If he has another year on his contract, I'd rather we didn't release him, since that would likely see us pay up the rest of his contract and get nothing back. Keep him, and give him a chance to get back to fitness. Not really got anything to lose by that.

Captain Canada

The club needs to be getting something in return. I do sympathise with his injury problems but he should be at a level now surely where he's on the bench and pushing for some first team action?

I think he's lacking confidence and motivation now and it would be best all round if he moved on sooner rather than later.

If he's burst for the rest of this season I'd be tempted to hang on and see how he does in pre-season. Releasing him now would cost more than giving him til the summer, if he's no good then, reach an agreement and bin him.

Bungalow Bill

Release, wasn't convinced by his contribution last season. Time to cut our losses.

Boys finished at Hearts. He'll be away to some no-mark European team in the summer.

Neither of them are strikers.. 

forgot all about him ! Would only release if he went without us paying up his contract.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Take him out back, and bury him in the memorial garden.

Shame for him, and us.

We've been more ruthless with others in the past, and it's just not worked with him. He needs to move away and get some games and confidence again.

:rofl:

luckyBatistuta

First step for me, would be to try and come to an agreement on a fee with him and just release him, so we can cut our losses.

Neither of them are strikers..

My understanding is that El Hass isnt a striker either. More an attacking midfielder. In any case, he did not impress whenever I seen him play & TBH Hes not been missed or will he likely be.

He'll have been out for a full year and given the fact he struggled to gain full fitness last season makes it very difficult for him to impress if he does play again.

Five to One

Real shame as one of the missing pieces right now for me is a creative midfielder behind the front 2. Only really Walker who can play in that role and he tends to drift wide (no bad thing in itself).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son Of Anarchy

If he has another year on his contract, I'd rather we didn't release him, since that would likely see us pay up the rest of his contract and get nothing back. Keep him, and give him a chance to get back to fitness. Not really got anything to lose by that.

Yip that's where I am

wattie exploited

he is crap !   has none sweet fa since   he can to hearts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!      :rifle:  :rifle:

waynefozzie

Nothing against the lad - I feel sorry that he had such injury problems - but let's face it: I've probably done more exercise than he has over the last two years. It will be a long road back. Hope he gets hi fitness back and his career kicks on, but I can't see any chance it's happening for him here.

yep

Couldnae make a cup of tea without ruling himself out for 5 months ffs, it's just not happening for him at Hearts, get the feeling he's a bit of a big pansy aswell.

alwaysthereinspirit

I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I want every new signing to succeed. Unfortunately he just had no luck. One injury after another.

TheMightyShed

We could do with a left sided creative attacking midfielder but not El Hass ... Too much of a risk assessment !!

.... and if I thought his wage burden in anyway contributed to the fact we failed to get in an actual left back in the Jan TFR window, I'd be going tonto...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel for the boy as it isn't his fault that he is injured but if the option is there to pay him off I'd take it and use the wage somewhere else.

There is no room for sentiment anymore. Imagine if he stayed clear of injuries next season and played a blinder (slim chance of both) and he had the chance of a move to a bigger club. Would he sign another contract with us as we had stuck by him? Would he feck.

I'm a firm believer in you can't miss what you've never had and sadly we've never had the opportunity to see if the boy has got it.

But surely people are forgetting the wonderful reverse pass he made last season?

Hearts took a risk in signing him in August 2014 as he had been injured at Sparta and had not played for months. .I assume his pay while injured is covered by insurance.  

He has a contract until summer of 2017 so lets hope that after regaining full fitness he comes back like a new signing.

Jambof3tornado

Yup, with well over a year to run he wont be simply upping sticks. Occasionally the risk you take bringing a player in with a history backfires.

Feel sorry as I thought he looked decent in short spells between injuries.

He will be away regardless of a his year remaining,when an employer doesn't want you a year is a long time to hang around.

Archived