Our Subs

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

I have noticed a trend in our subs, particularly  if we are winning.

The tend to be on the safe side, as you would expect, however is this giving our subs time to show what they can do, I believe not?

Reilly, when used as a sub pre suspension Junama was singled out for abuse as he was generally in-effective, I defended him saying he hasn't had a chance, and when he has we have generally been seeing out wins.

The ICT game highlighted this, the last 20-25 mins were boring as hell, good game management as we won but horrific on the eye, for me it also doesn't allow players like Cowie or Zannatta show their value as by this time our tactics seem to be defend deep and hit the ball as high and far as possible, leaving one man to chase and harry.

The crowd, get on their back and IMO the subs get nothing apart from their confidence shot and a little game time, which involve a few touches and running about and clearing the ball, or chasing the ball.

Now I am happy with us winning, however surely we can not only  maintain some attacking threat, but let our subs show what they have and have a go at what would be tired legs of the other teams defenders?

As a side note, this game management is a double edge sword, great game management if it works, but negative and uninspiring if it doesn't, and it relays on the other team being poor, but he ho it seems to be working, on the whole.

Reilly was seriously affected by this early on, and it was only when he got games v Aberdeen and Celtic he proved his worth, his sub appearances were ruining him.

Archived