the mod vote

eddie fenwick

eddie fenwick

in answer to baz saying he never knew jimmys 2nd name,his middle name was michael(just a wee bit trivia for you)

I P Knightley
in answer to baz saying he never knew jimmys 2nd name,his middle name was michael(just a wee bit trivia for you)

SOURCE??

It was me, not Baz

Seriously - where's this info? I'm more than happy to go home and dig out the album to read through the booklet/photo album again. It's at the top of the pile but I know that the 'story' is written autobiographically ("Schizophrenic? I'm bleeding Quadrophrenic") and the live tour in '96/'97 didn't add any dialogue.

I P Knightley
When the Magistrate calls him up in court in Quadrophenia.

"James Michael Cooper..."

About 2m40secs in.

You've got me there. I only watched the movie once and, apart from the bits with Leslie Ash, the memorable bit was where Sting asks the magistrate for a pen to write the cheque for the fine.

If it's the movie, it's not proper Quadrophenia trivia.

Phew!!

p.s. how the hell did you manage to find a Youtube link to such an obscure trivia question and so quickly, to boot? Very, very freaky!

18453740.jpg

You've got me there. I only watched the movie once and, apart from the bits with Leslie Ash, the memorable bit was where Sting asks the magistrate for a pen to write the cheque for the fine.

If it's the movie, it's not proper Quadrophenia trivia.

Phew!!

p.s. how the hell did you manage to find a Youtube link to such an obscure trivia question and so quickly, to boot? Very, very freaky!

18453740.jpg

I'm a librarian.

Information is my raw material. ;)

Plus I like Quadrophenia!

Once a mod, always a mod...

eddie fenwick
I'm a librarian.

its something inside,bury me a mod

I P Knightley
I'm a librarian.

A mod enjoying a rock opera about mods?? This could result a serious warp in the space-time continuum or, at best, me going home now with a sore head.

Which did you like first, the album or the movie? Everything about the album is perfect. It even has photos of girls without bras on.

eddie fenwick
A mod enjoying a rock opera about mods?? This could result a serious warp in the space-time continuum or, at best, me going home now with a sore head.

Which did you like first, the album or the movie? Everything about the album is perfect. It even has photos of girls without bras on.

wooty woo:cool:

I got the album for my 13th birthday. Went into Virgin on Princes Street with my Dad.

Not the original album though, you know the one in B&W, but the colour gatefold one with Night Train, Louie Louie & Green Onions on side 4.

Probably saw the movie before I heard the album. Only really listened to "The Real Me" and then side 4! Love the lot now. 5:15 rocks!

Everybody loves Baz

Eddie you're fecking loosing it mate :eek:

eddie fenwick
Eddie you're fecking loosing it mate :eek:

never had it in the first place(you know that)but i do agree that andys a batty boy:cool:

I P Knightley
I got the album for my 13th birthday. Went into Virgin on Princes Street with my Dad.

Not the original album though, you know the one in B&W, but the colour gatefold one with Night Train, Louie Louie & Green Onions on side 4.

Probably saw the movie before I heard the album. Only really listened to "The Real Me" and then side 4! Love the lot now. 5:15 rocks!

Mine is the B&W original album.

2 LP records: one with sides 1 & 4, the other with 2&3 so that you could play them on the old record players that dropped one record on another when the first was finished. Less getting up and getting down. 40-odd page book insert with a sort of photo story; the disclaimer in the album sleeve that no one depicted in the story is intended to represent any real person, living or dead, particularly not the mum and dad (the photo story mum and dad being Liz & Phil lookey-likeys); 5:15 and Love Reign O'er Me. Gah - like I said - no imperfections at all! I don't have a turntable any more but there's no way you'd get that album off me!

If you get a chance, look out the DVD of the 1996 live tour of Quadrophenia. Some fantastic performances in there - particularly Entwistle's bass solo in 5:15 - and the copy I've got came with a live Tommy and a disc of other live hits.

A bit of trivia about the Quad DVD. They introduce Billy Idol as the punk and PJ Proby as The Godfather. The PJ Proby bits were edited in as the original tour godfather had been one Paul Gadd (aka Gary Glitter) and it was felt that GG was too unsavoury a character to link with the band.

And Jimmy supports Brentford.

I P Knightley

Here's that 5:15 live.

4:55 sees Entwistle starting the finest bass solo you'll ever see.

Archived